LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

public changing

Why do you Yanks call a "water-closset" a rest room?

A convenient place to relieve yourself AND wash, is a "lavatory", a "bath room" has a bath-tub.

I hope Persistent Trumpette Re-tweets this.

Lol.

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 10:54 AM, Wet Knight said:

Why do you Yanks call a "water-closset" a rest room?

A convenient place to relieve yourself AND wash, is a "lavatory", a "bath room" has a bath-tub.

I hope Persistent Trumpette Re-tweets this.

Lol.

Because we sit and rest when we go, or when driving and need a break to rest or go to the toilet, we stop at a rest area and rest room.  With perhaps the exception of bottled water, we don't keep water in our closet, and we certainly don't shit in our closet!  At least I don't.

• 3 months later...

Sometimes I'll change my diaper in a public washroom. Sometimes I'll try and make it home. Sometimes I'll just forget about trying to make it home and just keep wetting/messing my diaper until it leaks all down my pants and then either I'll change in a public washroom or just wear my leaking diaper all the way home.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I havent needed to change in public yet, but unless is were a very busy time for the restroom I don't think I will have a problem with it. I currently have depends adjustables that have the velcro-like strips so I wouldn't have to take my pants all the way off and be sure obvious. However, despite my desire for discretion about both my slight incontinence and my little persona, I think I would enjoy being changed on the table in a public restroom by a mommy or daddy... 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Each year before Christmas I take a trip or two out of town to do my Christmas shopping at a couple malls, outlet stores and a couple larger towns that have a lot of variety as far as different stores.  I enjoy these shopping trips for many reasons.  Getting out among the people, decorations, holiday music and seeing what gifts stores have to offer.  It also gives me the chance to be in diapers the whole day.  I do not wear premium disposable diapers but usually what I get at thrift stores.  Prevail, Wings, Attends or whatever they happen to have.  Usually one of these diapers will last me about 3 hours before it needs to be changed.  I make sure to wear a good pair of plastic pants over my disposable diaper and they have saved my jeans many times.  I have shopped in these cities long enough to know where to go to change diapers when I need to.  CVS is a couple blocks from the mall and it has a privet restroom with an outer door lock.  I can hide a fresh diaper in the sleeve of my winter coat under my armpit and no one will know.  Harbor freight also has a privet restroom with an outer door lock and Gordon's Foods also has a locking restroom.  These are all places close to where I Christmas shop and handy to change my diaper in.  Problem is, I have a route I go when shopping and it's the mall, then a big Christmas store half a block away.  Usually by the time I'm finished with those 2 stores (not counting the 45 minute drive to get there and a few random places I stop at on the way), my diaper is saturated and leaking.  More than once I have pulled down my plastic pants to find puddles in the bottom.  On one hand, while shopping I know how soaked and wet I'm getting and know I'll need to change, but on the other hand, I know my plastic pants will save the day and I love the soaked feeling of my diaper as I shop, and especially when I pull down my pants to change.  While I could change in a McDonald's restroom or a more public restroom, I prefer to change my diapers in privet restrooms with an outer door lock.  It gives me the privacy and reduces any embaressment from someone else in the restroom knowing I'm changing my diaper.

• 2 weeks later...

I definitely prefer to change in private. However, I have had to change in public washrooms many times.

It all depends on how close to home I am and how badly I need a change. I can usually be OK with just 3/4 diapers a day sometimes even less. If I think it's necessary to change in public I will most places have bathrooms to accommodate families and the handicapped.

Yes, all the time as it often can't be avoided; I prefer not to remain sitting in the same used nappy for a long time just to avoid this. However, if I'm about to go home I might just wait until then. Sometimes how tired I am or how well my hands are responding can effect it, or if there is a Changing Places toilet available.

On 09/01/2018 at 4:13 AM, Dude84 said:

Yes, all the time as it often can't be avoided; I prefer not to remain sitting in the same used nappy for a long time just to avoid this. However, if I'm about to go home I might just wait until then. Sometimes how tired I am or how well my hands are responding can effect it, or if there is a Changing Places toilet available.

What kind of reception have you had using Changing Places toilets. Do people confront you if you don't have an obvious disability. How do you go about it if confronted. I'm especially interested because I'm from Nottinghamshire and its a pain using normal toilets because they don't have proper bins to dispose off pads. I have a radar key but not used it yet because I'm worried about the opinions of other people especially disabled people because I'm able bodied and can't deal with confrontation. 

56 minutes ago, username said:

What kind of reception have you had using Changing Places toilets. Do people confront you if you don't have an obvious disability. How do you go about it if confronted. I'm especially interested because I'm from Nottinghamshire and its a pain using normal toilets because they don't have proper bins to dispose off pads. I have a radar key but not used it yet because I'm worried about the opinions of other people especially disabled people because I'm able bodied and can't deal with confrontation. 

I might not have mentioned it in this thread but I do have an obvious disability, I use a powered wheelchair - not something you can easily miss unless you have a vision impairment.

I'm mostly independent though and so can encounter some problems using them where access requires conversing with an attendant rather than use of a standard Radar key, especially with my speech issues. My chair has a seat lift and the changing benches are height-adjustable so this isn't an issue for me, as I can transfer, albeit slowly. However, sometimes they are reluctant to allow you to use them without an assistant.

11 minutes ago, username said:

I have support staff supporting me to live independently and live in supported living. If I were to get confronted my support staff have badges so they would show it in my defence.

I wouldn't imagine you experiencing any problems on that basis. Do you need assistance with changing?

7 minutes ago, Dude84 said:

I wouldn't imagine you experiencing any problems on that basis. Do you need assistance with changing?

No. I keep my need for pads as discreet as possible although with the nature of my wearing its hard for my support staff not to know I wear pads. I don't flaunt it. Because I live in a shared house with 3 other people and wear 24/7 it has come out in the open amount my peers and staff but they respect my privacy.

My wife & I generally wear Dry 24/7s when out and about, so we've got to be out for a very long time and/or consuming a LARGE amount of liquid in order for a change to be necessary. That being said, with a little practice it's pretty easy to change while standing up in a public restroom stall.

I've never had a problem when changing n a restroom because the ones I change in are not marked for disability.  They are just small one at a time restrooms with an outer door lock.  Stores like CVS or Gordon Food where you wouldn't expect a lot of people having to use the restroom (like WalMart or McDonalds).  I have changed a few times in Family rest rooms but never had a problem.  If someone did ask me (people are not often confrontational unless they are really pissed off about something) I'd just say, "Handicap or disabilities are not always visible".  If that didn't do it, I'd simply say, "I have no bladder control and wear diapers!  I change in privet for my own piece of mind and to avoid problems from other people who may be in a restroom".  If that didn't shut them up, I'd just walk away and be done with it.  I doubt they would take it any farther.

I never had any issues changing my diaper, I change whenever it is needed. I find myself an appropriate spot and go for it. Fortunately I am not very shy about it and like others already said I doubt if there is something they see or recognize they will confront you with it. Just focus on the job at hand and be discreet about it.