LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Mass Shooting in Orlando

Early this morning a mass shooting happened in Orlando at a popular club. 50 have been killed and 53 injured so far. It's the worse mass shooting in US history. Our hearts are heavy and I ask everyone to pray (if you do) for the families and those still in the hospital.

The shooter is being tenatively referred to as both an Islamic extremist AND a homophobe....yes; this sucks...but to completely prevent this shit from happening we'd have to turn America into a fortified police state....and that's just not a good option. Our morals & values as Americans force us to take the risk of this sort of thing happening. Better that than Donald Trumps "vision of the American future".....best we can really do is ask & hope that American law enforment & intelligence communities do their jobs as best they can & hope it's enough

Except his own family said he was non-practicing. He did not pray and he was not fasting for Ramadan. This was not a religiously motivated event. This was a hate crime against the LBGT during Pride Month is a place we should have been safe. And today a man was stopped on the way to LA Pride with a car full of weapons and explosives. Jesus christ, it's

I can't begin to dive the depths of my feelings regarding this... I have got calls today because I live in a region with a large Muslim population telling me I need to be careful... I'm not upset, I'm not sad... I'm emotionally drained. What can be said about this mass shooting that hasn't been said of every mass shooting in the past decade?

I can't do this today. I don't want to pray for Orlando, or anywhere else. I'm tired of praying. Prayers don't honor the dead. Prayers won't make anything better.

• Like 1

I said to pray if you only pray....if you don't believe in prayer or whatever, than obviously don't. But, I do believe in the power of prayer and I ask for a little respect in that regard. People are dead. People have lost their loved onces. Although I have not been touched by personally knowing a person, I am affected, this is my home.

And people move on, but that doesn't mean it's not forgotten. I still remember 9/11, even though I was only in 4th grade when it happened. I remember the school shootings. I remember Paris. I remember...and I bet all of them remember as well. Orlando will always remember.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, mamabug said:

I said to pray if you only pray....if you don't believe in prayer or whatever, than obviously don't. But, I do believe in the power of prayer and I ask for a little respect in that regard. People are dead. People have lost their loved onces. Although I have not been touched by personally knowing a person, I am affected, this is my home.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, mamabug said:

I'm afraid nothing is going to get fixed though. :/ I wish that was the case...

I'm concerned with preventing something like this happening again, or at least making it more difficult for the next terrible person to accomplish their objective.

I doubt you will ever stop them. Praying is pointless and a waste of energy, the real things that need to be done involve better treatment and recognition of mental illness. But even then this kind of thing will always happen... Someone doesn't like gay people to the point of being willing to kill them then they will do it. Someone doesn't like any group of people then this sort of thing will happen.

There is so much extremism in the world that there will always be people willing to do atrocious things for their beliefs. I'm not just talking about muslims though obviously, they exist everywhere with or without religion. The world is only going to get more extreme as people are increasingly happy to hate whole sections of people due to the actions of a minority. The more hate, the more extremism. The more extremism, the more hate.

I would say the gun culture in America makes them particularly prone to these kinds of attacks but I know that too many people care about owning guns to ever change anything there. It is too ingrained into the culture.

It's a terrible event. No one should ever go out to a club and never come home again and I can only imagine what it was like in that building. My condolences go to the families and friends of anyone killed and to anyone wounded and recovering who will no doubt have a long road to recovery physically and mentally.

I have nothing against the people praying for Orlando. My comments were only regarding myself. I prayed for Paris, I prayed for Belgium, I prayed for San Bernandino, I pray and I pray and I pray and I'm tired of praying :(

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Elfy said:

I doubt you will ever stop them. Praying is pointless and a waste of energy, the real things that need to be done involve better treatment and recognition of mental illness. But even then this kind of thing will always happen... Someone doesn't like gay people to the point of being willing to kill them then they will do it. Someone doesn't like any group of people then this sort of thing will happen.

There is so much extremism in the world that there will always be people willing to do atrocious things for their beliefs. I'm not just talking about muslims though obviously, they exist everywhere with or without religion. The world is only going to get more extreme as people are increasingly happy to hate whole sections of people due to the actions of a minority. The more hate, the more extremism. The more extremism, the more hate.

I would say the gun culture in America makes them particularly prone to these kinds of attacks but I know that too many people care about owning guns to ever change anything there. It is too ingrained into the culture.

It's a terrible event. No one should ever go out to a club and never come home again and I can only imagine what it was like in that building. My condolences go to the families and friends of anyone killed and to anyone wounded and recovering who will no doubt have a long road to recovery physically and mentally.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, erevu said:

Religion is not the root of evil. That lies within humanity. You'd know that if you knew anything about Stalin, Mao, and all the evil they did. It wasn't religion that drove them. They sought to extinguish religion so the only God the people would have would be

first caveat, I comment knowing fully well that my opinion is just my own.

second caveat, I am, mostly and consistently, an idiot.

third caveat, This comment means I have a responsibility to respectfully tactfully engage with all members in the thread who respond or reference me.

1 hour ago, Pamperbum_uk said:

But it wasnt atheism that made stalin or Mao evil. Evil is never carried out because of a lack of belief. It was a political ideology. One,