LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

• 2 weeks later...

How does this relate to being a girl? Since this is non-gendered.

I, too, dress a bit cooler when it is summer--sleeveless dresses and lightweight clothes. But I don't go outside dressed up. I just set the thermostats to 73 degrees and chill indoors when it is too hot out. Today is nice, however, so I have the windows opened.

the point being that we wear something with a SKIRT, which makes it girlish and it conceals the underthings

Does anyone else here have a traditional babydoll?

I don't think you need a dress or skirt to be girlish. I was a baby/toddler in the 80's, and it seems to me at that time dresses and skirts were more for special occasions, not everyday wear and certainly not for running around outside in the summer. Most of the pictures I have of my sisters and myself from those days show us in rompers, sunsuits, or shorts and t-shirts but there was no confusing any of us for boys.

• Like 1

The war on girlishness began in the late 1960's. You have no idea what you missed out on since the homogenization of the sexes, as well as the "dressing down" thing to make everyone look equally low-class. we actually had many "play dresses"

You say that like it's a terrible thing, but as I recall it sure was great to turn a cartwheel on the front lawn or hang upside down from the monkey bars without worrying about who was getting a sneak peek at my underpants.

• Like 2

Modesty depends on the age of a child. Children generally aren't concerned about people seeing what's under their dresses until they go out more, such as to daycare or kindergarten where they are taught modesty. Besides, a child in diapers isn't going to display anything "private;" the diaper covers all that and at certain ages, people expect to see a child wearing a diaper. In very hot weather, a lot of kids run around in just a diaper; it would be cruel to cover them up when it's really hot outside. And what about bathing suits or little bikinis? We need to teach kids not to "show off" their wares, but at the same time, we shouldn't teach them to be so ashamed of their bodies that we wrap them in a head-to-toe burqa, either. Anyone who watched television shows in the Sixties is well aware of how short the little girls' dresses were: examples of which are Cindy Brady (The Brady Bunch)

Maybe it was all right for a baby or toddler to be seen in just underthings, but when I was 4 and older you did NOT want anyone to see your underthings if you were "raised properly" and especially if you were a girl. And especially if you were still in diapers and rubber panties. You wore a light dress which was cool anyway

I know of only one exception and they were not from our area but had moved next door and their little girl was still in diapers at age 5. It happened when I was just turned 9 and my aunt shot her mouth off to the little girl that I "like rubber panties" when she was staying over for the afternoon since her parents were out most days. This was during a school vacation. The girl was still put down for afternoon naps, and one day insisted that I take a nap with her; it seems she had a crush of some kind on me, then she gently insisted that I feel her rubber panties, which I had seen before they were put on her after a bath. they were like Babykins. I was very uncomfortable about this but I did so lightly and did not say anything lest I dig the hole deeper