LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My Exercise Routine

I have recently, as of 6/1/16 started an exercise routine to help me lose weight. I weighed in at 230 pounds last weekend, and I have a goal of getting down to around 175 pounds. I have an exercise bike that I have been getting on everyday and doing a total of 5 miles each day. I have been averaging a time of around 19:30-19:45 for the 5 miles. I typically split it up into two sections of 3 miles after work, and 2 miles before work. I weighed myself before work on 6/4/16, and I was down to about 227 pounds. I haven't exercised at all in months, and am forcing myself to now, because I really hate how fat and out of shape I've become. I have tried to cut out all of my late night snacking, which is hard being on second shift. I now use granola bars, fruit, and mini wheats cereal for my snack, and I limit the portion to a small amount. My breakfast is typically oatmeal or an omelette. I do have a question or two though.

1: Does anyone have suggestions of how long I should keep my routine the same before changing it?

2: Should I try to limit my calories to maybe 1500 per day? I'm doing around 1900 now.

3: Should I incorporate weight training in as well, or start slower with just the cardio portion for now?

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and for any advice given.

In addressing your questions:

1) I would change your routine daily, keeping some aspects of each activity per day, i.e.: Bike less one day and do some situps, just to keep your body guessing.

2) Don't limit your calories, just watch the carbs and sugars, granola=tasty but empty calories, lots of fats, proteins and roughage

3) Mix and match bro, whatever works for you.

I've been sticking with the 5 miles a day on the bike, and I'm now down to 225 pounds. I just got done with my 3 miles after work, and in a new best time of 11:00. After that I did 50 sit-ups, and 25 push-ups. I plan to keep sit-ups and push-ups a daily part of the routine. I will be going on vacation in around 2 weeks time down to the lake. I will have no exercise equipment there, and am wondering of what I can do for at least some moderate exercise while I'm there. I'm planning on doing some swimming weather permitting, but I'm unsure of any other stuff to do.

I was lazy over the weekend, and didn't do any exercise on Sunday or Monday. I just made up the biking portion a minute or so ago. I biked for 45 minutes with an average speed of about 15mph. My legs are a little sore, by butt is asleep, and my man-parts are numb. I got 11 & 1/2 miles, which is a new personal best, so that feels really good, but I think I'll go slower tomorrow, and maybe do 25-30 minutes, and do the 45 only a few times a week. My weight was 221 on Monday too, so I'm making a little bit more progress there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You should find a friend who works out regularly as it helps you both push each other to do more than what you would on your own.

As others of have said, the diet portion of it is a big deal. Avoid empty calories from carbs and sugars. Proteins fats and fiber, if you have to indulge that sweet i find chocolate milk a handful of mixed fruits or a nice self prepared smoothy to be excellent. If you eat out a lot start trying to prepare youre meals, not only is it fun but you get to enjoy your tasty efforts at the end.

Definantely look into lifting, dont let your baseline output discourage when you first start as you will start to make leaps and bounds in your performance if you stick with it for more that two months. If you have to use a facility for a gym membership to do weight training dont let the other people discourage you, maybe even try talking with someone who looks like they know what theyre doing. Usually theyll be super happy to help.

• 6 months later...

Just finished an hour on the bike at a time of 60:25 which wound up being 15 miles, followed by 150 sit-ups/ crunches, or whatever they'd be called. I've been exercising for at least an hour every night after work this week. I had gotten lazy again last year, and back up to 230 pounds. I'm now down to 220 again, and some friends at work are noticing changes in my look. I've started packing my own lunches, which are usually fruits/vegetables, and a protein. Here is how my week has gone. Each day I'm starting on the bike for a shorter time, but higher intensity to get my heart rate up.

Mon: 40 push-ups w/ 80lb vest, Floor dumbbell press (3 sets of 10 w/ 45lb), chest press on Gold's Gym, Flies, Lat Pulldown, Dumbbell rows w/ 30lb (2 sets of 15), 150 sit-ups

Tues: 100 squats w/ 80lb vest, 45 calf-raises w/ 80lb vest, Leg extensions on Gym, Leg curls on weight bench (3 sets of 10 w/ 100lb), 150 sit-ups

Wed: Preacher Bicep curls w/ 25lb (2 sets of 30/20/10), Tricep extensions w/ 30lb (3 sets of 15), Floor dips

I would recommend going to 1700 cals, but just be sure you are getting enough vitamins and protein. Try MyFitnessPal. It's a great app to track calories, nutrition, and cardio workouts. If you don't have a smartphone, there is a desktop site too.

Definitely do cardio, as eatenbywo1ves said, at least 40 minutes at a time. I usually watch netflix on the eliptical, and the time flies by.

I actually just got MyFitnessPal last night. I'm liking it so far, and it's nice that it tracks the macros as well as just calories. As far as cardio is concerned, I'm wondering how often I should do it? I'm thinking something like 4-5 times a week.

Just completed a 3 mile walk with the 80lb vest on. I'm pretty sore and tired now. I had wanted to see how far my local Walmart grocery was from my house, so I walked. It was roughly a mile and a half away, which I didn't realize. I thought it was closer than that. I did a little shopping, and am now going to have some breakfast. On a side note, one thing I thought was weird was that I saw what looked to be 2 unused baby diapers discarded on the sidewalk on my way up there.

I have my bike on a magnetic resistance roller in the basement and do a half-hour routine every day. Sometimes I will walk as well. I like to be healthy, but I'm not really into a major fitness routine.