LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Going to the hospital in a diaper

I had to go to the ER not to long ago, had to take my cloths off to put a gown on. Nurse came in and saw my diaper, asked if I am incontonit, said yes, she said well take it off for now and we will put a clean one on you if you go home. Stayed a few days and they put a cath in, but did put a clean one on when I went home

I have refused catheters in all the hospitals I have been in. Some hospitals even have no diaper policies, but you can get around those sometimes. And hospital diapers suck. Some hospitals will let you use your own diapers as long as they come in an unopened package. Some of the nurses that change you can be very rough. Most times my wife has changed me as she always does at home.

• 1 month later...

I have done both, since I was in my 20's I have had an enlarged prostate and my doctor checks it every six months, I also cath by Doctors order 5 Xs a day, now granted sometimes the urethra is not to happy about it and I use lidocaine jelly on those days just the same way your doctor numbs you up with it when he scopes you, although there is almost no evading the build up of scar tissue in your urethra from cathing, and eventually your Urologist will have to go in and do the laser to remove it. It's not that much of a pain after doing it awhile.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I'm not quite sure why some people are so adamant about not allowing a catheter during hospital stays. Yes, it's a little uncomfortable going in and when it's taken out. Sometimes, your bladder may spasm trying to push the catheter out.

I have never gone to a hospital when I was not diapered!

My medical records show I have no urine control.

Depending on the reason I am being treated the medical staff might insert a catheter. That is okay with me.

Even when I am foley ed they diaper me because my Bladder spasms alot and it is much easier for them to change a diaper than to change the bed, it really acts up with a 30cc balloon the 5cc are much less irritating but when you have a giant bladder and they want the tank kept empty 30 it is, sometimes I think they keep 30 cc coude foleys in stock just for me because a lot of nurses have never seen one and read the orders and think it's a mistake until they call my doc, I can fill a diaper and still have 1000 or more residual in my Bladder when not cathed.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Two days is the most i have ever had a catheter last before it plugged and i ended up flooding the bed.

I told them it had plugged up and it was going to leak around the catheter. both times they told me it could not be plugged and i could not pee around the catheter.

Both times i just let my bladder empty conpleatly before ringing the nurses buzzer.

The doctors and nurses still can not come up with a reason my urine causes catheters to plus

On Monday, July 18, 2016 at 8:51 AM, Craisler said:

I'm not quite sure why some people are so adamant about not allowing a catheter during hospital stays. Yes, it's a little uncomfortable going in and when it's taken out. Sometimes, your bladder may spasm trying to push the catheter out.

I've been in hospital once (and for the life of me I can't remember what for except that they put me on fluids) but that's about it.

If I ever go again I suppose I will probably just have to tank through the diapers thing (last time I was fully toilet-trained, which I'm not now).