LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Question about pacifiers

I occasionally snore. It's not every night or all night, and I don't have sleep apnea so no need to talk about that. I read about some folks claiming to have success with using a pacifier to prevent it and got interested.

Hi. I used and still do occasionally use a dummy. I got 1 first a few years ago half for my abdl side and half because I sucked my thumb. I didn't use it every night maybe 3 or 4 times a week and it took ages to get properly use to. It could have been 6 months before I manged to keep it in all night although I'm sure that would vary between people. I've no experience of if it would help with snoring all I can say is it defiantly helped me stop thumb sucking. Ohh should prop mention mine is a nuk 5 although always thought a slightly bigger one would be better. Well hope it helps you and let us know how you get on :)

I don't use mine nightly. But it only took a couple weeks.

I bought a Nuk5 and a Nuk 7. When I ordered them I expected to use the 7 for overnight and the 5 for playtime during the day. What I've found is I like the fit of the 5 better and use it every night all night. I'm not keeping track of how many nights I've been using it or when i started this time because I think it's counterproductive. For my mouth the 5 fills the roof of my mouth perfectly and the bottom flat side is comfortable on my tongue. The 7 seems to push the raised part too far back in my mouth. It's not uncomfortable but I like the fit of the 5 better. I was able to sleep with a baby pacifier overnight after about a week or 2. Switching to the 5 and 7 was easy and I was able to sleep through the night most nights and wake up each time with it still comfortably seated. I have mine on a tether so when I wake up without it I can easily pull it right up and put it back into my mouth. I know I've snored in the past but I can't say for certain I don't snore with it in because I sleep alone. I can't see how it wouldn't work though. You have little to lose and it might just improve the quality of your life.

Hugs,

Freta

I been using my Nuk 5 every night for the past 4 or 5 years without any problems. It took about a week to get used to it so it did not fall out, my wife says I no longer snore but I always told her I never snored lol. It is now part of my every night routine along with my diapers.

It's been a little over a week and I think I'm starting to get used to it. It still is a bit distracting at times, but I have noticed that it is far less distracting than it was a week ago. A couple of times I have even felt like it wasn't even there, but only for a moment. And i have started to keep it in all night and find its still there when i wake up.

• Like 1
On 20/05/2016 at 7:20 PM, Mr. Sea Otter said:

So... question for those who use pacifiers at night. How long did it take you to get used to it? Does it stay in all night?

Having been jealous of thumb-suckers and pacifier-users for as long as I can remember, I was always frustrated that when I sucked on a paci it wasn't "real"... I didn't "need" it. When the Nuk Medic Pro arrived, and I was finally living in my own flat, I set out (aged 30) to become a habitual pacifier-user. The first month I found it hard: I kept a note beside my bed, kept the paci on my beside table, and kept a record of using it. Some nights it was very hard to get to sleep. But after a month I noticed it was getting easier and it must have been around a month that I noticed I was longing for the moment I popped it in at night, and not taking it out first thing in the morning. Sometime in the second month I stopped recording usage and had that amazing feeling when I noticed I wasn't thinking about using it, I was just doing it by habit.

I then visited friends and forgot to take the paci with me, and discovered that I needed something in my mouth... and that was the first time I fell asleep sucking my thumb. That year I did go through a phase of using the paci in the daytime (I worked from home most of the time) and there were days at a time when I probably had the paci in 20+ hours a day. (the teats go white if you do this!). but I later moderated my usages back to night time only, and over the next 10 years I slept with either my dummy or my thumb in my mouth. It was a great habit to have - comforting, healthy, and every now and then I would get that lovely feeling of pride, knowing that I was what I always wanted to be... a real pacifier and thumb-sucker. I never had a problem keeping the paci in after the first month - I guess that was the breakthrough to getting really hooked.

It was only when my children were born that I broke the habit, and these days don't use the paci very often.

Eat your hearts out: and it is not orthodontic

paci2.jpg