LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How would you classify your level of incontinence given these three options?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Right in between Minor and Moderate

I'm having infrequent bedwetting or accidents in my pants. I have only fair urinary control, and even less bowel control. I need to be protected more often than not, which is fine.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Extremely minor... I can get to the bathroom pretty well any time I like ...& that's the way I like it ah ha !! .. With me it's more of a lifestyle choice type of thing over what I feel like doing at the time LOL!!

In your definition minor to moderate. I have some control over the day time but need protection if I'm away and no toilet is in reach. Over the night time I have only fair urinary control. 

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is a pretty old thread... The funny think is that even at that time the definition of the degree of incontinence was not really correct. How ever the specification had changed meanwhile and I'm sure that even 70% of the doc's do not know what the ICS is writing about it. One method to evaluate the degree of incontinence is a 24h pad test. The ICS writes the following:

"Twenty-four-hour pad test.

- the test should be started with an empty bladder,
- normal daily activities should be followed and recorded in a voiding diary so that the same schedule will be observed during follow-up re-testing (eo),
- to avoid urine loss trough leakage or evaporation the pads should be worn inside waterproof underpants and exchanged every 4–6 hr during daytime,
- pads should be weighed immediately. If weighing is performed at the clinic, pads must be stored in airtight bag.

Interpretation

increase of 1–10 g is classified as representing mild incontinence, 11–50 g moderate and >50 g severe incontinence. The values for 24-hr pad test are classified as follows: Mild (4–20 g/ 24 hr), moderate (21–74 g/24 hr), and severe (>75 g/24 hr) incontinence."

You can read the full article here: DocumentsDownload.aspx?DocumentID=6033

it starts on Page 811 with a Powerpoint that also include some nice photos that show what a "significant" leak may be. This might be also a nice example if someone starts to argue that a protection is "sufficient"...