LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Are there more AB/DL's now than in the past?

I've noticed in the last couple years the AB/DL community as a whole has grown by leaps and bounds.

Until recently, we had just a few options for AB/DL specific diapers. I remember first Bambino, ABU brands if we wanted something besides adult cloth or disposable diapers.

Now it seems there's so many new AB/DL brands available with really cute prints and colors. i cannot seem to keep up with them all.

I see the AB/DL community broken down like this...

• Old timers (like me) that have loved diapers since childhood.
    I remember when the internet only had Diaper Pail Friends and a few smaller groups & sites.
    Before that, I though I was the only "weirdo" in the world to have diaper desires. I'm still weird BTW, just not in a bad way.
  • Like 1

I'm part of the new generation that you speak of and I can tell you that I will still be ABDL 10 years from now (I hope this site is still around and if so, I'm sure I'll still be a member!). Just like how AB/DL/AK and everyone else in-between found their fetish/kink (or whatever else you want to call it) at a young age, I too found my desires of being a mommy as a young teenager. Those feelings haven't changed, they have matured yes, but they haven't changed.

I know the DD/lg lifestyle you're talking about and yeah...it seems more mainstream and whatnot, but I'm on the opposite

• Like 3

I think the difference from the OG ABDLs is the raise of the interwebs. I am so glad I grew up with the dawn of online communities. I couldn't imagine how it was 40 or 50 years ago with bdsm community and how they socially interacted. I know for me it's as simple as a click of mouse and I have 1000s of fellow ABDL people to interact with.

I think another raise of this community and other bdsm communities is the younger generation is more open minded and willing to experiment sexually and kinky

• Like 1

Thanks mamabug!
You're about half my age, but wise beyond your years.
I've seen the same thing about more males than females into AB/DL lifestyle.
And the early days of the internet wasn't very kind to those females that shared our feelings.
I think it's got a lot better, but some guys saw it as an opportunity to "hook up". And tended to send away some by doing that.
When there were primarily chat rooms in the "dial up" days, I'd sometimes pose as a female to see what it was like.
Immediately I'd get ASL (age, sex, location) from about 10+ people in the room. Luckily most people are more respectful here.

• Like 1

I don't think things are proportionally much bigger than before the only thing different is the internet making sure everyone finds each other a lot quicker and easier. Add to that the fact that people have become less inhibited to say how they really feel and you probably have a lot of people who would have kept things hidden in the past now happy to open up or at least sign up to places like this.

So I think if there is much difference in the number of ABDLs that it isn't actually as big as it appears, it is just technology and different social attitudes that mean there is likely ore people willing to say they like age play, rather than people into age play in general.

31 minutes ago, Kari said:

Thanks mamabug!
You're about half my age, but wise beyond your years.
I've seen the same thing about more males than females into AB/DL lifestyle.
And the early days of the internet wasn't very kind to those females that shared our feelings.
I think it's got a lot better, but some guys saw it as an opportunity to "hook up". And tended to send away some by doing that.
When there were primarily chat rooms in the "dial up" days, I'd sometimes pose as a female to see what it was like.
Immediately I'd get ASL (age, sex, location) from about 10+ people in the room. Luckily most people are more respectful here.

• Like 1

What a great thread.

It was my second wife that I could share my diaper world. Now I have a bedroom that is my nursery/ office where my cloth diapers on on a shelf,diaper wipes,waterproof panties,pins and a full size diaper pail for dirty diapers

All just like a baby would have.

• Like 1

I'm 36, and I've been obsessed with nappies for most of that time. But haven't really been 'practicing'. I went through a period in my teens where I'd go out looking for nappies. It was dark and intense.

There is definitely more exposure, but I maintain the is a certain % of people who littles, AB's, DL's which is likely the same regardless of the era.

I'm 25 and I have loved diapers pretty much my whole entire life, of course there was breaks here and there and I went through the dreaded bing and purge cycle which ended up costing me money and made me also regret throwing the diapers out later now I find myself past that stage finally and I have found a new love for diapers :)

I'd suppose the numerical ratio of people feeling ABDL inside is pretty constant at any time. What has definitely changed is that the internet makes self-expression easier and better, and along with that comes the products we want to have enticing more with the feelings to join the experience. It's just a lot easier now so we're appearing where we once didn't because we couldn't or wouldn't. Now that we can, we do :)

Bettypooh