LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I made my first stent! OMG!!!!

I LOVE this feeling! It's amazing!!!!! I can't believe I haven't tried this before. I made it out of a 14fr intermittent catheter with some fishing line for retrieval. I made sure everything was super clean and am gonna try leaving it in overnight tonight. Should be interesting! If it works well (stays in), I'm gonna be using it a LOT! :D

• Like 1

Yes it feels wonderful. As I'm sure most of us would like to know more and look forward to seeing photos of your design. For cleaning I use soap and water, dry it and then soak in rubbing alcohol for fifteen minutes. Allow to air dry before use. Been doing this for a year now with no issues.

I am with you, stents are just amazing when used properly they cause no harm that is my personal opinion and experience of course.

Incontinence with an on and off switch that is how I see it.

When used properly you can keep them in for a very, very long time weeks in a row.

But I do agree with Loveable- guy you might have to switch over to a better or premium brand of diapers for you can

Here's my stent. I used a 14fr intermittent cath and used a lighter to bend it. I used fishing line for the retrieval cord. It stayed in place last night until I

• 4 weeks later...

I made a new stent with a slightly different design and have had it in for the past 48 hours! I'm loving this so much!

I'm so glad I made the jump to making a stent. It's AMAZING! I love the feeling of not being able to hold back the pee and being able to feel it coming out. I love the surge of pee I get

Why are you not making a Stent out of a silicone Foley, or an old red rubber rob Nelly wouldn't that be easier to do?

And if you did become actually IC insurance would pay for your diapers,I get three cases of ATN'S a month provided by my insurance company.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Lee congrads man. Welcome to the dark side of diaper lovers. Play safe and keep it clean when using a stent or cath. Drinking cranberry juice helps too.

If you get a second please post a pic of your design, I'm sure we'd all like to see it.

Really love to see your new stent - please take close up pictures on especially the end with the retrieval cord, and how you attach the cord to the stent.

I'm struggling with making a working stent, and worry about how to attach the cord so it won't hurt the urethrae

• 3 weeks later...

Here we go. I designed it under the assumption that the sharp bend at the end will kinda "hook" the edge of the inside of the bladder. The bulge at the end rests just "downstream" of my prostate. I took a hot needle and pierced two holes just ahead of the bulge at the end to feed the line through. I cut a length of cord, crimped/bent the end so I could feed it into the end of the stent, out of one of the holes, around the outside, back into the other hole and back out the end of the stent. I knotted the ends that hang outside together.

It stayed in well and was pretty comfortable. I had it in for 3 days at one point until I recognized the symptoms of a mild UTI. It has been a couple weeks since I had it in. I'm gonna make a new one when I feel like it's safe to try again.

Stretched out, it's about 5.25 inches long. The tip to the sharp bend is 1.25 inches. From the bend to the center of the bulge is roughly 3.5 inches. It's a 14fr cath and the bulge is made out of 1/4 OD tubing from Home Depot. After I made it, I washed it with soap and let it soak in alcohol to get it as clean as possible before putting it in.

ALB_3301c.jpg

ALB_3308c.jpg

ALB_3307c.jpg

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Dale Ridge said:

Two questions:

1) What is the purpose of the "bulge", just to keep it from moving past the prostate?

2) How did you secure the 1/4" OD tubing to the cath?

How do you smooth the end of the larger tubing, grinding it or heating when it has been connected to the shortened catheter?

And thank you for the close up pictures etc. it's a simple but working design and reassembles my first stent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ?6?/?17?/?2016 at 10:34 PM, Lee said:

I recognized the symptoms of a mild UTI. It has been a couple weeks since I had it in. I'm gonna make a new one when I feel like it's safe to try again.