LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Adult Baby Diapers
diaperedindayton

Opinions of Pull on cloth diapers

20 posts in this topic

I bought a few pin on cloth diapers a while back and while I like them, it is a pain to try to change and re-pin them while at work. And have switched back to disposable while at work for ease. I have though about picking up some pull on cloth diapers for use while at work and was wondering if anyone would share their opinions/experiences on them.  

Pullups are a pain. They might work for you if you have RA, but for those of us without dexterity issues, they are a pain. Think about it- you have to take off your shoes and pants just to change. I much prefer dropping my jeans and changing a diaper. I get to keep my shoes on, and I can change much faster that way. Now, having said all that, I have never used cloth pullups. I have used many different paper pullups and they all work the same- take yer shoes off to change 'em. I do use cloth diapers at home, but not at work. Too much hassle taking them home, it's much easier to poke my wet one in the bottom of the trash bin.

To me wearing a cloth diaper at work isn't worth the hassle. Even a velcro tabbed AIO. You have to have something

to put the wet one in and take to your car. I would leave them for home use only and use disposables for work.

Basically what I have been doing. But wanted opinions so thank you.

pull on are a pain! great if you need a trainer diaper but let be real us that wear diaper 24/7 need easies of changing. i like the velcro side you do need to remember when  your wash them to stick them together. its all about quick change when its time t change i go to a stall and pull my tights down some and unsnap one side of the plastic pants undo my diaper if i need to replace my plastic pants do to excess wetness unsnap and put a fresh one on pull the cloth diaper through and slip in a disposable booster refasten and pull everything back up and back to work . i would like some feed back on the snappi i still have some old pin on prefolded diaper that i would like to use but the pins seem to cut the new plastic pants out there. 

I've just ordered some double thickness terry towelling pull on nappies. I am looking forward to sleeping in them with a new pair of viva medi plastic pants.

On 4/14/2016 at 0:51 AM, Little_annie said:

pull on are a pain! great if you need a trainer diaper but let be real us that wear diaper 24/7 need easies of changing. i like the velcro side you do need to remember when  your wash them to stick them together. its all about quick change when its time t change i go to a stall and pull my tights down some and unsnap one side of the plastic pants undo my diaper if i need to replace my plastic pants do to excess wetness unsnap and put a fresh one on pull the cloth diaper through and slip in a disposable booster refasten and pull everything back up and back to work . i would like some feed back on the snappi i still have some old pin on prefolded diaper that i would like to use but the pins seem to cut the new plastic pants out there. 

If you want feedback on Snappis - they're not worth it. They're designed for baby diapers, which fit on much smaller people - the teeth are very short and don't stay in on adult diapers.

Pull-on clothe diapers wuld be harder to work with than pin-on since you are not wearing dresses or skirts and would have to undress from the waist down to change. Aside from that, they just do not hold as much as pin-on. I would not. Disposables were invented for travel and where you might not be able to have a diaper pail nearby, However, there is an ethical problem here since you would be just foist your waste products on someone else to deal with, which strikes me as a bit callous and unfair. But, unless you wear dresses and skirts, pull-on diapers would be harder to change and not offer as much capacity as pin-on. I have a pin\-on that uses only one pin and can do fairly well, it is in my Reviews

And I have a different opinion of Snappis.  While I do not wear cloth diapers every day, I do find when I do wear the Snappis give a constant elastic tension across the front of the diaper.  Which keeps me from having to re- pin and helps hold the diaper up.  YMMV

And as for the original question...  I am not sure what would hold a pull on cloth diaper up since it only relies on the elastic in the waistband to do so.  The waistband could not be tight, that would be uncomfortable.

1 person likes this

That was the advantage of having separate diaper and panty. Snap adkustability at the waist and legs may help, two snaps at each give  4 levels of adjustibility but even those are pre-sets and can not do fine adjustuments. Velcro lises is stickum after awhile. That is an inherent disadvantage of pull-on diapers

I love my pullon diapers and plastic pants.  They are great for nighttime wear

I agree with DLBiker but as most said day use if you need to change more than once is definitely a pain. When I worked and even now I use disposables but I love my cloth diapers for night time,nothing else keeps my bed dry. 

On 7/23/2016 at 0:53 PM, DLBiker said:

I love my pullon diapers and plastic pants.  They are great for nighttime wear

That may be the best use for them.  A couple of baby diaper stuffers, plastic pants over top and go to sleep.  And you won't have to worry about them sagging and falling down.

On 27/07/2016 at 5:25 PM, Gejoe said:

I agree with DLBiker but as most said day use if you need to change more than once is definitely a pain. When I worked and even now I use disposables but I love my cloth diapers for night time,nothing else keeps my bed dry. 

I love my double thickness training pants.( Cloth pull ups )

1 person likes this

I like the pull on diapers for  for urge issues, light wetting.

I think the pull on cloth diapers, at least the good ones, are great for bedwetting.
 Especially when I'm tired and think I might wet and don't want to go through the whole pinning on the diaper process.

I am, probably, the biggest advocate of pin-on flat cloth diapers on the site. But I have to agree with you that they are a pain in the Ass at work! Then there's the ammonia odor (that forms as soon as 4 hrs after the diaper is first wet) which limits the amount of time you can wear a wet cloth diaper.

I'm incontinent so paper diapers were the biggest challenge for me. I found that Depend Diapers (the ones with three tapes) worked best for me before I retired. Now if I need a paper diaper I use the Abena M4's.

1 person likes this

I have worn pin on gauze adult diapers to work for years thanks to my wife insisting I use cloth 24/7 many years ago due to costs of the Molicare diapers. I freaked at first but actually got well adjusted to cloth diapers at work and carrying a diaper bag.  I also struggled early on with the "diaper funk odor". This is where the clean dry diapers see their first wetting of the morning and they stink really really bad. They make special diaper detergents but what solved this problem was an LG HE washing machine with a "sanitary setting".  This plus Murphy's Clean day laundry detergent made funk go away. Also my plastic panties also softened back up in this detergent. The benefit of cloth over disposable diapers is the cloth keeps wicking urine far far long than the early saturation point of some of the best disposables like Rearz, Abena, Bambino, and Tykables. Also my day and night weight cloth diapers will last up to 5-6 years! The only drawback is you have to have a large supply on hand and avoid letting diaper pail getting full. The excessive weight in the washing machine can shorten the machine's life! Peepants

1 person likes this

On 04/12/2016 at 7:13 PM, Muddle said:

I think the pull on cloth diapers, at least the good ones, are great for bedwetting.
 Especially when I'm tired and think I might wet and don't want to go through the whole pinning on the diaper process.

I have some double thickness terry towelling pu on nappies they are brilliant at keeping the bed dry. I am a heavy wetter and always wear these when I have been drinking.

I wear a Depends Trufit underneath a pair of single layer terrycloth pants from Babykins. When the disposable becomes wet I tear it off at the sides and have the terrycloth pants for backup. I wear plastic pants over it all. This is what I normally wear to work. It is not a too thick or noticeable combination and it works for me. I do get rashes from wearing disposables every day so I try to wear cloth to work a couple times a week.