LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Regarding cloth diapers: switching to velcro?

Hi everyone.

I've been using cloth diapers at night for a couple of months. I started with pins and found them too fiddly and painful. I switched to Boingos, but they don't dig in quite far enough - especially with my terry diapers, they dislodge loops from the cloth and take hold of those, and the loops eventually break away from the cloth, freeing the fastener - the fastener prongs are also short enough that my natural movement can pull them out, which is saddening.

Having run out of options, I'm considering switching to velcro cloth diapers and using my terry diapers as extra absorbency inside of them. More experienced wearers: is this a good idea? If so, are there any velcro-on cloth diapers you'd recommend?

Alternatively, can anyone recommend a Boingo-like alternative fastener? Please not Snappis, as they're damn near impossible to get here and very expensive.

Velcor is probably the worst option since you have to line up the tabs so that they stick (unless they have changed so they are a reasonably long, cintinuous band). In effect you have to fit the diaper; you cannot get the diaper to fit you. the same is true with snaps. Elastic waistbands may help. Also, unless they are specially equipped, the velcro loses its grab after awhile from micro things getting in the hooks or eyes and elastics lose their stretch. Pins are your best choice, You can fit the diaper to you and you learn to become proficient with them in a while, just like anything else. When you learend to drive or anythng, did you give up after a month saying it is "too fiddly"? But then, boys were never taught to use pins, diapers properly or any of the skills of the nursery, and throw-aways use something else. I have no trouble with pins. But then, I was well-practiced by the time I was 8 as were the overwhelming majority of girls my age. Learn to put the pin in at a shallow angle and get practiced by putting pins in diapers that are not on you so that you can see what you are doing and then learn how it feels to the hand and then you can do it without having to look at it. the next step is to have a doll to diaper and panty. From that, you will see and feel what it is like and can go on from there

i use pins when i can wear. sure i sometimes stick myself but i just pull it out a bit then try again after a small adjustment to the material.

personally pins are your best bet as they last the longest and are easily replaced.

• 2 weeks later...