LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Technology

Can we take a moment to acknowledge how amazing the tech gear we have today is? We take it for granted these days, but I am just old enough that when I was a kid I was buying Cassingles from Tower Records every time a new song came out; and today i realized I was playing a brand new song in the car that was streaming from the super-computer in my pocket that can hold thousands of albums I can access at a moments notice.

Teenage me could not image where we are today when I was shoving tapes into my Walkman!

Alas, I grew up in the shit storm between CDs and Digital (legal and illegal) and the dying of the cassette. I always wanted a portable CD player but I was stuck with a portable cassette player that was relatively useless to me because I barely had a taste in music then, the most real music I ever listened to was Kidz Bop (URK!). I had my phases of getting illegal music online, it was wonderful that a kid like me at somewhere around 8 or 9 knew how to do that (I had taugt myself practically everything on the computer and probably by that time I had known much more than my parents, my mom even was pretty savy she took two years of Computer Science in the early 80's!), but it was also wonderful that I didn't have to have any money and I could find any music I wanted to listen to and listen to it for free. Overtime I began to grow bored of digital music. I yearned to get something that I could own. Any new music that I want to get I prefer to get it on Vinyl or CD. I do have a very cheap subscription (thanks to me being a student) to Spotify which fits my needs well, but there's something about owning thing toe that I feel like I missed out.

A bluetooth phone, huh?

I rmember BEFORE casettes and cartridges. I remember 78's. The first piece of music that was bought on my behalf was the 1953 instrumental of EBB TIDE. We eve had the

10 hours ago, Bettypooh said:

Yeah i feel your pain with cassingles i am so damn old i have a collection in the house of 45 speed singles for the record player times sure have changed between my ipod and my tablet i can carry at least 500

I did do a horrible joie on one of my fb friends, she mentioned that her Senior Prom was in November 1963 and I said I was not fond of that idea because it was kind of cold and the weak sunlight meant that I could not recharge the USB in my tiara

Oh, the changes I've seen...I taught myself WordStar on an Osborne 1. Thought it might help to take a programming course at the workplace...yes, Fortran and IBM punch cards. They had lots of money to spend on hardware... scientific instruments that had 8-inch floppy disks, refirgerator-size computers that were 8k, or 64k if they'd been upgraded, with punched tape input and teletype output. Their first electronic calculator cost $1000 extra because it had a square root function.

I'm still a bit old-fashioned. Listen to jazz on fm radio or the cd player in the car or youtube on the desktop mac. I don't carry a cellphone. Fuck that, I'm retired...their call can wait.

Here is a major item to which I am going to put the New Toy. I am thinking of making it part of FairyWand

Music making, recording, production

16 hours ago, Dirty Diaper/Maxipad Lover said:

I'm treating the service as exactly what it is: a glorified pay radio that doesn't play half an hour of commercials over the course of an hour like most terrestrial stations seem too.

In Lexington we're gifted with FIVE community/public radio stations despite being an oasis of a mostly rural state. Kentucky loves public media, we have the largest state run public television system in the country. I can also pick up another 2 NPR stations somewhere south of us in parts of town.

FUST FOR FUN:

RETRO-TECH

https://www.youtube.com/user/Techmoan

COMPUTERS

https://www.youtube.com/user/tezzaNZ

THE 8-BIT GUY'

MUSIC

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcTt3O4_IW5gnA0c58eXshg

OTHER

https://www.youtube.com/user/adric22

The only thing I have not found here is an analogue Fairy tiara; Granted those have been obsolete for the last 3700 years; but still...

Actuallyy, what might "kill" the industry is Indie and VST/Comuter. Use the link I put up earlier in the thread and see what's out there. What it means is that the industry will reorganize

i tend to think a lot about technology we have today, if someone had told my mom back in the 80s that we would have computers in our pockets with 2 cameras, both doing pics and videos, a touch screen, able to watch videos on it, she likely would have laughed it off, tech was big, not very powerful, but it was reliable, and no we didnt have hi res tv's we had square screens that was a little rounded, and we enjoyed it, we had game consoles that didnt have wifi and when someone wanted to play it, they actually had to visit, and would socialize a bit, and we would still go out to play, now we connect to people all around the world for RE5, but not to our neighbors on the old front porch, communication has never been as easy, i can text my uncle

19 hours ago, Wainwright said:

In Lexington we're gifted with FIVE community/public radio stations despite being an oasis of a mostly rural state. Kentucky loves public media, we have the largest state run public television system in the country. I can also pick up another 2 NPR stations somewhere south of us in parts of town.