LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Poll for Chat Users and RPers

Elfy

Would you prefer a second chat room?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer a second chat room?

• Yes, I would prefer an RP only chat room and I would use it
    • Yes, I would prefer an RP only chat room but I would not use it
    • Yes I would prefer an RP only room but I would use both
    • No, I prefer one chat room

I want to start this off to say there are no plans right now, and I talk only as a user of the site not as an admin.

The chat room is a very eclectic place. We get everything from mommies, daddies, ABs, DLs, Incontinent people and everything in between.

That said, recently the chat room seems to have only catered to one type of person a lot of the time and that is people who like to RP extensively.

I don't know if other sites have closed recently or if it is just coincidence but we have had an influx of people who spend a lot of their time RPing. It is no secret to people who know me that I hate RP in the main chat... It kills conversation and makes it so 3-4 people essentially take over all of chat. Then when they stop chat becomes quiet because everyone else who doesn't like RP has either left or stopped paying attention.

Now I am not talking about one of lines of RP or RP that goes on in PM, I am talking about the type of RP that goes on for a while and takes up a lot of chat.

This would also be an opportunity for those who enjoy RPing but don't come in chat to have a place they could go.

I have long entertained the thought of two chat rooms but I understand all of the negative aspects they would bring as well. But I thought having a survey to see what others think might be interesting.

I agree 100% with your post. I don't like RP in the main chat either. It does seem to oftentimes take over chat & kill any & all other conversation, not to mention, making it hard to keep up with whatever discussion is going on, plus distinguishing between what is RP & what is not RP is hard sometimes (at least for me). I understand & agree with the problems that having two chats/rooms would bring/cause, still it would be nice & I think it would ultimately bring more people in & get more people involved in both Chat & RP if we were able to have separate areas/Rooms/chats for each.

I voted for having a separate RP room, because that way it'll keep the main chatroom clean (hopefuly) even though I'm not into roleplaying at all. I do think it would be nice for those that do :)

I think that before answering this question, it's a good idea to take a look at how sites with multiple chat rooms (e.g. Zity) handle it. Is that what we want for here?

I

• Like 1

How do you define RP in chat? Are you referring to people who come in asking to PM RP with people, or are you talking about littles taking over chat with things like "nakie night" and lots of "/me insert little activity here" and playing off each other in the main chat?

If it's the former, a new chat room is going to do bupkus. Most PM RPers are HNGs (most) so pushing them all into one room is going to be a lot like that Simpsons gag where a bunch of lonely guys call a "party line" to talk with single girls but it's nothing but guys. They will inevitably migrate back to main chat to find what they weren't getting in the RP chat and nothing will be solved.

If it's the latter, yes I do think that is a good idea. Kind of like one chat is for actual chatting and the other is a romper room of littles drawing on the walls and having tea parties and the like. That kind of stuff does tend to overtake chat and makes it so new people coming in have no idea what is going on and often leave shortly after as they realize there is little to no "in" unless they are already pretty well-established in chat.

• Like 2

It was the latter. I have no problem with people taking it to PM and I have no problem with the occasional line where there is some back and forth for a minute or two, it is when it goes on for an extended period that I think becomes a problem.

To Abi: Arguing against 2 chat rooms because you could have 43 isn't really relevant. I think a lot of what gets talked about in chat can be of some interest to everyone. Since ABs, AKs, DLs, Furries, Incontinent people and everything else all can share experiences and ideas of a lot of topics. Who they are isn't a boundary to talking about nearly any subject.

But for people who really like/want to RP it is a boundary because when RP starts those that have no interest are either forced into PM or to leave chat altogether. I don't think the people that spend a lot of time RPing realise how much it turns off those that have no interest in it, and when RP is flowing in chat it becomes next to impossible to get a word in edge ways, not that it matter because when the RP train starts rolling it only stops when it wants to.

---

Multi-people PMs can be a problem in regards to cliques and things. It's happened before, I was on the fringes of one (on skype) before I was made a mod and it can make for an unpleasant atmosphere. I don't think two separate rooms would have the same problem because things aren't kept in secret, anyone can go in and see what is being said at any time.

The open PM button is something I suggested befor3e but not really possible with the software available to us.

But no, the people who say there PM is open once every fifteen minutes or so are definitely not more annoying than the RPers who post A LOT. Just recently it has reached pretty high levels where it is happening pretty often. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't the same things being said every single time the RP happens ("<insert name here> wet themselves", "no i didn't", "what is that wet stain then", then punishment/changing) every RP follows the same lines, there are 3-4 variations, and it is very dull.

I wasn't arguing for or against anything, Kay - just raising the issue.

You say you want two because you want to be able to go to a chat room with no RP in it. Well, fair enough. But suppose we go there, and after a while there is a clique that puts other people's noses out of joint with some particular behavior, and so one of them says "can we have a separate RP chat room for people who want to pursue that particular behavior" (whatever it may be). Now, are you REALLY pre-judging the issue and saying that you are going to deny them the same protection from the behavior they don't like that you wish to claim for yourself in respect of the behavior you don't like?

As I say, I don't think you can be quite so dogmatic here. Once you admit the principle that there can be more than one chat room, it will be difficult to resist the pressure not to stop at two. Ultimately somebody will come up with a good case for a further chat room (or more than one), and it will be difficult to argue against it.

• Like 1