LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Staydry Panties

As a child, I wore Staydry panties to bed. These are no longer available, but I am interested in recreating them for my own use. Does anyone have a vintage pair of these? I would like to find a good description and/or a photo. I am also willing to buy a pair in any size or condition for reference.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, bedwetter bobby said:

I have a very old pair of the original Staydry Panties in size 34. They are quite nasty and not for sale,but I can help you with the design and material list.

My sister wore similar for a few years.

Bob

Bob, I have already had a pair made. I'll try to post a picture.

They were still going in 1981. I got a pair to see what they were like, I did not think much of the material. I remember ads for those in about 1957 or 8

Here is what I found

The originals were waterproof and translucent milkky what like Comco, Empire or Gary. but the material was grainy like the cheaper BabyMate

On ?4?/?3?/?2016 at 9:23 AM, Christine Daryleanne said:

The originals were waterproof and translucent milkky what like Comco, Empire or Gary. but the material was grainy like the cheaper BabyMate

I think that PUL is a better material than plastic or vinyl. It should hold up much better.

But it is not the real thing. sort of like saying you want a satin dress made of cheap 1970's polyester or a steel sword made of bronze. StayDry were called "rubber panties" in their time (19567-81 as I recall). Decent plastic will outlast the elastics. They've been trying to replace rubber/platic panties for

• 2 weeks later...

And if it were to be true to the original, you would need to find the same kind of material, which was a grainy, Comco-like,milky white plastic of moderate thickness. the old DPF Baby Heaven material would have done well for that. Something Babykins could probably do. Actually, why they were not made of some kind of waterproof cloth, I do not know. The materials certainly existed and they would have been much more acceptable to the intended users. Try and convince a 7-12 year old that they are not "bing put back in rubber panties": Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
On ?4?/?13?/?2016 at 4:30 PM, DailyDi said:

Been thinking about having a run of these produced, but it would be costly since they are fitted and we'd need to make like 10 sizes

If you increase the overlap on the sides, then fewer sizes will be required, since the ties allow adjustment. Overlap will also reduce the chance for leakage for a side sleeper.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...