LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Adult Baby Diapers
rubbersheetmike

Drinking and bedwetting

23 posts in this topic

For me drinking has long been the most common bedwetting trigger. I first started drinking beer in my late teens with inevitable accidents and after I first moved out of my parents house when I got a construction job following high school I don't think I woke up dry more than a handful of times over the first six months as I was going out drinking with the guys every night after work and drinking on weekends as well. When I was at home my mother always kept a rubber sheet on my bed but I completely ruined a mattress when I was first out on my own. After that I bought a plastic mattress cover and have used one ever since. I drink a lot less now, especially over the past decade, but still mainly wet when I drink.

Lots of beer always meant a soaking wet bed with me as a young man even after my normal bedwetting had stopped. I ruined a matteras in one night after a party. I even wet the carpet through.

It depends. If I drink to the point where I just get dehydrated (And hungover) then no, I wet a lot less.

If I drink water before bed to avoid the hangover, then Yes, very much a thing. 

drinking always made me wet more I passed out at few party's in my teens and young adult and wet a few of my friends couch and sleeping bag it was very humiliating when they found out

I do not drink a lot but when I do it is only beer

I am a bedwetter but when I do drink a lot I really have a wetter diaper and maybe a wet bed

I didn't wet myself when I got drunk prior to untraining - however while untraining, my first accidents while awake were when I was drunk.

12 hours ago, Kaliborio said:

I didn't wet myself when I got drunk prior to untraining - however while untraining, my first accidents while awake were when I was drunk.

Did you ever have accidents in your sleep after drinking?

On 7/1/2016 at 11:03 AM, rubbersheetmike said:

Did you ever have accidents in your sleep after drinking?

I can remember two occasions where I woke up wet after drinking, but I'm not sure they were drinking-related.

Drinking at this point of course is just a ticket to wetting.

I'd always wet my bed after a night out with friends. It was inevitable that I'd have wet pants(not always diapered) or one heck of a soggy diaper that leaked by morning

1 person likes this

Came here to say what Kaliborio said. Never wet the bed in my life, going through absolutely countless blackout drunk nights with most likely a full bladder. Never once had an accident, not even close. But once I did the bedwetter training, it's no longer safe for me to pass out drunk. Learned it the hard way a few times now. Probably would learn my lesson many more times, but i'm obviously much much more careful now.

Only ever happened to me once. About 10 months ago we had a get together at my house and I had too much to drink and ended up passing out (blacked out before passing out an hour or so earlier) on my recliner in my basement. I woke up at 6am to find my shorts soaked, and the recliner soaked. I freaked out and spent over an hour cleaning my mess up, and was still drunk from a night of bad decisions :P 

On 2016-08-02 at 11:58 AM, echo said:

Came here to say what Kaliborio said. Never wet the bed in my life, going through absolutely countless blackout drunk nights with most likely a full bladder. Never once had an accident, not even close. But once I did the bedwetter training, it's no longer safe for me to pass out drunk. Learned it the hard way a few times now. Probably would learn my lesson many more times, but i'm obviously much much more careful now.

I suspect you mean you never wet he bed beyond a certain age, right? That wasn't the case for me but I did have a dry period from my mid 20s until about 15 years ago when I woke up soaked after getting ridiculously drunk at a friend's 40th birthday party. To say I was surprised is an understatement, especially because I'd stopped using protection for a decade or more and ended up having to clean the mattress as well as all the bedding.

16 hours ago, rubbersheetmike said:

I suspect you mean you never wet he bed beyond a certain age, right? That wasn't the case for me but I did have a dry period from my mid 20s until about 15 years ago when I woke up soaked after getting ridiculously drunk at a friend's 40th birthday party. To say I was surprised is an understatement, especially because I'd stopped using protection for a decade or more and ended up having to clean the mattress as well as all the bedding.

So I guess I want to understand.  You were dry at night for about 15 years until the one night after you got drunk at the friend's 40th birthday party.  I would guess you were about that same age, 40.  Now you are a bedwetter again.  How did that come about?  It was one time that one night after a drunken party that you woke up wet.  How did things progress from that point to you being a bedwetter again?

On 2016-09-08 at 8:12 AM, rusty pins said:

So I guess I want to understand.  You were dry at night for about 15 years until the one night after you got drunk at the friend's 40th birthday party.  I would guess you were about that same age, 40.  Now you are a bedwetter again.  How did that come about?  It was one time that one night after a drunken party that you woke up wet.  How did things progress from that point to you being a bedwetter again?

It's complicated. I wet the bed into puberty which then tapered off into sporadic bedwetting throughout my teens. After I left home at 19 I started drinking heavily and my frequent uncontrolled bedwetting returned. I didn't think much of it at first and learned to adapt after ruining a mattress  At that age of course I was concerned about dating and sex so I had to find ways to work around it (no sleep overs for one thing) and eventually in my mid-20s I got counseling and stopped drinking and I didn't bedwet for a long period of time. I started drinking more moderately in my mid to late 30s and seemed to have no issues at all with it - until, well, just short of turning 40 I got bladdered (very drunk) as the English say and woke up soaked at around 4 a.m.,after my friend's birthday party, although it didn't automatically set me back on the path of uncontrolled bedwetting. That happened more slowly over time as I tested my tolerance or lack of it for alcohol and recently, being single for the past few years, became a lot lazier about the issue. And then I ended up developing a daytime urge incontinence problem and another medical issue that's impacted my bladder control. One thing for sure is that there's always protection on my mattress now.

1 person likes this

I woke up with a soggy diaper this morning after spending a few hours outside by my firepit having a couple beer's just a relatively relaxing evening I knew by morning I'd be one soggy boy/man I don't mind waking up in a soggy diaper after having a couple beers it's kinda predictable that my diaper would be wet by morning.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

1 person likes this

Any amount of drinking might cause me to wet the bed. I remember when I wet after falling asleep after having only a single beer.

After beer party induced wet beds in my late teens, I began to experiment with beer and sleep wetting.  Over time I noticed a nightcap of just a beer or two often resulted in a nocturnal accident.  I did it over and over eventually regressing back to where I am today, regular bed-wetting without alcohol.

I was a bedwetter until my early teens. Beginning in my late teens, drinking certainly triggered bedwetting and it continues now. I will most certainly be wet anytime I consume alcohol. Coffee and tea or any caffiene will tend to produce the same result

When I first started having nighttime accidents a few years ago, alcohol was the primary trigger.  Any time I had more than one drink , I wet the bed.  My wife would make sure I brought "drinking diapers" with me whenever we went on holiday.  I pretty much gave up drinking, but the bedwetting eventually got worse.  Now I wet the bed every night regardless.

For me alcohol is a bedwetting trigger and I have also reduced my consumption greatly in the last six months.  I find I can enjoy a beer or two or a couple of glasses of wine now and if I don't have it too late in the evening it makes bedwetting less likely.

If I have a bigger night, say more than a couple of beers, I am far more likely to wet.  Beer is much more likely to trigger bedwetting because of the volume consumed.  I have come to enjoy wine a lot more as I have gotten older and the same level of satisfying intoxication is reached with much less volume consumed but the headache in the morning if I have woken dry is usually much worse.

Tea is a massive bedwetting trigger for me as well and I love a strong black English tea.  If I drink tea late in the evening I find it much more likely to trigger bedwetting than alcohol.

Nappied Dan: I've read that stimulants like coffee and tea can cause bedwetting both due to liquid volume and irritation of the bladder. I've conditioned myself not to drink any stimulants after dinner time but beer is my big weakness when I'm socializing.

6 hours ago, rubbersheetmike said:

Nappied Dan: I've read that stimulants like coffee and tea can cause bedwetting both due to liquid volume and irritation of the bladder. I've conditioned myself not to drink any stimulants after dinner time but beer is my big weakness when I'm socializing.

My continence nurse once lectured me about caffeine and alcohol in relation to my bedwetting. I can't honestly say it had much effect. I still drink lots of ccoffee and tea. I love beer and obviously I wet my bed a lot but hey ho.

1 person likes this