LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Potty Training Story

My mom was recapping my childhood milestone in front of all my friends....apparently I was potty trained before I was 18 months and only had two accidents ever. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with me being a DL, but it was interesting. Anyone else know their potty training stories? Do you think potty training and diaper lover are related?

If anything, I've noticed the opposite...I see more 3 and 4 year olds in diapers now than ever before. I don't recall ever seeing a kid in diapers past their 3rd birthday when I was a kid. Now so many parents I know are like "Oh, he'll do it when he's ready," or "I don't want to rush her." Yes, there are some parents who insist on early potty training but to me it seems there are more that are absolutely convinced that their child will be scarred for life if they force them to potty train too early or against their will.

I have two vivid memories of that time in my life. One of which I was forced to pull a huge bag of diapers up to the house if I wanted to use them (which I did). The second is when I was in the back seat of a car with no underwear on because I had soiled all of mine at day care that day an only had my pants to wear home.

I have a lot of memories of wearing diapers and potty training. My parents didn't start potty training me until I was three. I don't remember everything, obviously, but I believe I actually trained fairly quickly because I remember having control.

However my potty training was probably drawn out because I wore pullups while I potty trained.

Although I was "officially" toilet trained before I turned 3, my bladder was tiny and over-active. Consequently until I was 9 I routinely wore thick cotton trainers. Those could deal with small urine dribbles far better than thin panties.

Somehow, it came up over Christmas so I asked my mom "did you potty train me when you did because my little sister was about to be born?" and she said she did, that she didn't want two babies in diapers at the same time. She said she was really surprised because all she had to do was say (and this I didn't remember at all) that I couldn't be a big sister if I still wore diapers and that's how I managed to potty train in two weeks. This confirmed what I feared and that it is probably a huge part of why I've held on to being a baby throughout my life. I'm sure this isn't the only reason (it couldn't be), but I suspect it's a very large part of it.

19 hours ago, minachan16 said:

Somehow, it came up over Christmas so I asked my mom "did you potty train me when you did because my little sister was about to be born?" and she said she did, that she didn't want two babies in diapers at the same time. She said she was really surprised because all she had to do was say (and this I didn't remember at all) that I couldn't be a big sister if I still wore diapers and that's how I managed to potty train in two weeks. This confirmed what I feared and that it is probably a huge part of why I've held on to being a baby throughout my life. I'm sure this isn't the only reason (it couldn't be), but I suspect it's a very large part of it.

How did it come up over Christmas?

I am probably the exact opposite of most folks here in that I was trained much later (close to age three). The only reason my mom didn't try sooner, she said, is that doctors led her to believe that because of my disability, I'd be difficult to train if I could be trained at all. The opposite turned out to be the case, she said.

According to her, once I was trained I didn't wet once during the night (ironic considering I'm a bedwetter now.) Strangely, although I was trained late, and have other memories from that time, I don't remember my potty training at all. So upsetting I blocked it out, perhaps?

I do remember being instilled with a dread fear of wetting or soiling myself that lasted into my teen years (when the thought of doing so suddenly became arousing), so maybe my mom went a bit overboard in her methods.

Curiously. my mom kept me in rather thick training pants until I was about seven. Maybe I had more accidents than I remember?