LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Regret becoming incontinent (not trying to preach)

It varies per person. Most people won't become incontinent simply by wearing, or we wouldn't have a dozen people here desperately trying for years on end. But the world takes all types, so I won't say it's not possible to happen to some.

It sounds like in your case you just had really poor planning. It seems rather obvious that if you liked going out and drinking lots of beer, and doing lots of sexual activities, that diapers would very much get in the way. And it's really surprising that didn't click before you went in too far.

In my case, I am not interested in going out to bars or having sex, and I'm old enough to know that's not going to change even if I wanted it to, so these are non-issues to me. As far as stocks go, I always keep about six months of inventory on hand, so that I never have to worry about running out.

I just wish life were more fair. I'd love to trade your incontinence for my continence, but alas, life doesn't work that way =(

Sorry it didn't work out for you, but please keep in mind that your circumstances are different from everyone else's, and what was miserable to you would be paradise for others here. And hey, if some of us are wrong, then so be it! We'll regret it too, and it'll be our own fault too. But there are plenty of people here that are incontinent, and are very happy with it.

To me, my dream is really just to have the choice of whether I void automatically or manually. It doesn't have to be forced into automatic, I just don't want it forced into manual mode only. Both continence and incontinence are two sides of the same coin: lack of control over how one's body operates subconsciously.

• Like 1

No doubt some will come here and try to argue with what you said but it is nice to hear the other side. Since normally when the question of "Do you regret becoming incontinent?" comes up people point to the lack of negatives as evidence people should do it if they want to. Pointing out that those who do it and regret it are unlikely to be here or posting about it usually does little.

It was an interesting post. I won't call you stupid or anything like that for your choice because it is impossible to see how thoughts/feelings or situations change in the future. Which would always be my argument against doing something so permanent. You never know where life will take you.

Glad that even if you regret it that you still get on with life anyway.

Fortunately I have never regretted becoming incontinent and dependant on nappies. True it can be awkward sometimes but I still do everything I always did. My wife is brilliant and it doesn't bother her at all that I wet the bed every night and am usually wet during the day.

• Like 1

To reply to sunwutian, I was aware of these downsides early on. They just weren't that big of a deal to me at first and my enjoyment of the lifestyle outweighed this for a long time. But they started to become a bigger deal with time and a much

4 hours ago, luminesce said:

I was aware of these downsides early on. They just weren't that big of a deal to me at first and my enjoyment of the lifestyle outweighed this for a long time. But they started to become a bigger deal with time and a much

Most of us here will warn those who go down the path which you did that there is a small chance it will become permanent and irreversible. Anything permanent bears deep consideration. But there's the other side of the coin where many people have regained control after deciding to go back. From what I can tell that takes about twice as long on average, and like becoming incontinent it takes a constant effort and dedication too. That regained control may not be quite as effective as it once was though but it's usually enough.

Not to be bashing you at all, you were not ready to become incontinent. The signs that clue me in to this are that you had not considered that you would occasionally have leaks; that you would have to be prepared for diaper changes at inconvenient times; that you didn't make the effort to find an effective diapering solution; and that you didn't plan on a way to deal with this while living the life you want to live. Instead you saw only the 'fun' parts and chased after them much the way I did with drinking and drugs when I was your age. You're not alone with that- lots of folks come here wanting support and encouragement when they go down the path we did. I often get bashed for discouraging them when I point out things like this. I simply have the advantage of age going for me; I've seen more than you can believe and I understand how society works from experience. And it isn't pretty though it does seem that way when you're younger and don't have my experience to help you figure things out.

Thank you so much Betty and Kevin. I was really starting to lose any hope about this and had no idea where to turn. I was talking to my girlfriend about your posts and she said they both sounded like great ideas. What really kills me the most about all of this is my girlfriend had to come along with the ride for me, and as time went on it became more apparent it affected her and not only me. This was a big part of me becoming unhappy with incontinence. I was starting to feel guilty about it.

I wear 24/7 and have been for three years now and I still have my control. I leak urine sometimes and I do have to go more often. I can't even wear a diaper without having to go all the time.

If you are fairly "normal" you will be able to get your continence back, I personally have experience with muscle recovery,my right arm and hand were completely paralyzed for 5 + long years,when it came back I had to relearn how to do everything again, from being able to move it to being able to keep the wrist in a neutral position took time but I retrained the muscles,I will forever have a 40 degree contracture at the elbow and my fingers have alot of contracture but as long as i'm not in pain I can even shake hands again, if I can do this with the muscle diseases I have,you can gain your continence back!!

I will not say it was a pleasant road travelled,none the less I made the trip,you not having the deck stacked against you as I did having progressive Degenerative muscle diseases can certainly emerge from this.

• 1 month later...

I do not regret it at all. With me i had no choice in it. I had to start wearing diapers again to mange my accidents that i was having. Diapers are not a bad thing in my life they help me be active again in life. My nerves to my bladder do not work well and they also say my bladder was underdeveloped. I did not have any problems until around 16 and it got worse at age 22. So i finally told my doctor what was going on i thought it was just growning pains but since 2002. I realized it is not growning pain just my bladder does not work well bye for now baby chris.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/17/2015 at 7:25 PM, luminesce said:

Hi all,

Longtime lurker here for this great site. This is my first post and will likely be my only post. It is about how I went from being completely continent to having pretty considerable urinary