LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper Faberics?

OK the manufacture i am planning to buy diapers form in 2 weeks has...

Birdseye weave cotton cloth
Twill weave cotton
Cotton gauze cloth

what fabric is the most absorbent or softest

SteveG,

There are differences of opinion in answer to your question. The fact is that if you mean products sold by Adult Cloth Diapers dot com, all are quite absorbent. All will remain soft for a long time, assuming they are washed and dried appropriately and fairly soon after being worn.

None of these products are identical to classic Curity diaper gauze made by Kendall Mills back in the old days. Sadly the specific kinds of cotton needed to make the Kendall/Curity gauze is now in such demand for other uses where cost is not such a problem that it has not been used for diapers in 25 years.

I grew up in classic Curity 21x40 gauze diapers, although Curity introduced prefold gauze diapers while I was a child my mother did not buy those. She believes it is better to fold flat gauze diapers to fit.

Since I have been an adult challenged by profound urinary incontinence in control of my own washing and drying machines, I have used Gerber Birdseye infant prefolds as my primary soaker. Those are more than large enough to fit me. The absorbent core is a non-woven material similar to Koadfil which Curity use in their original prefold diapers. After Gerber bought the rights to Curity diaper gauze and Birdseye products they have done their best using affordable blends of cotton.

"Birdseye" was popularized by Dundee Mills which was purchased by Gerber before they bought Kendall Mills. Birdseye is like diaper gauze made with larger thread, so it uses less expensive cotton blends. As made by Gerber Birdseye has served me very well. It requires some extra washing prior to first wearing compared to traditional Curity gauze, but after that it is appropriately washed and dried in the same way.

To hold my infant-size prefolds in place I use Adult Cloth Diaper 36" square 2-ply gauze diapers. I am a petite woman. Men often need the 40" square diapers.

Many of my friends use twill as the outer diaper layer.