LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My experience with stents

last question, how do you secure the line for the retrieval? could you do a couple of closeup photos?

last question, how do you secure the line for the retrieval? could you do a couple of closeup photos?

For cleaning of my stent I soak it in rubbing alcohol for fifteen minutes and allow to air dry before use. Equally important is to clean the entrance area with iodine. Using these two things together

Thanks, but the question regarding how to securely fastening the retrieval cord to the stent in a way so it doesn't damage / cut the urethrae has not been answered. That one I'm struggling with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made my first stent out of an intermittent 14FR cath. used a heatgun to make bends on the cath and smooth the end cutted (outlet).

For initial measurements just to get a sense of the length of my urethrae, I Started with ant unmodified intermittent catheter, and started putting it in, so I could take some measurements, reaching first point of resistance, took a measure, then when it reached my bladder and urine was flowing, second measure was taken. Apparently the distance between start of the sphincter and bladder in my case is 8cm - which corresponds with what others have listed is the distance in between the bends of their stent.

As this was my first stent, I made it a bit longer than necessary, just to be on the safe side (Although this isn't safe in any way.).

Inconito, I'd say your are hook now. Hope you have plenty of good diapers on hand now.

Your description of what happens are dead on with my own except when sleeping my bladder will fill and release after a while.

@Loveable_guy

I always have diapers on hand - I wear diapers 24/7 and the stent, I see as a fast way forward to loosing whatever control I have left. My main reason for trying with stents, is mainly because my bladder fills up during the night, and that my external sphincter really takes time to weaken...note I have been in diapers 24/7 for more than 3 years at this point.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering precisely what materials to get. I've never seen silicone tubing of any diameter in-store, usually it's vinyl or polyethylene. I grabbed some polyethylene because it can be thermoformed and I have access to a nice hot air station with degree precision temperature control. It's about 6mm, so I'm willing to give it a go.

I have been dabbling with stents for a while. I have a nurobladder and often I don't know when I need to go until it's too late. This becomes a problem flooding the diaper and leaking. I have made almost every model that has been discussed here. I finally made one that is comfortable. It has been in now for 48hrs. It is so nice to be able to go all night without waking up. Being able to not be attached to the bathroom. I am wearing a dry 24/7 and only need 3 changes in a day. Sorry this post is all over the place. The nurotin, oxy, flexril has kicked in.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hate to bring a wet diaper to the party but that small O ring looks a lot like the O ring I had attached to my stent. While my design did not have aggressive bends that you are working with I needed to visit the ER to have stent removed after that small O ring slipped inside. Fortunately it was removed without cutting me. Needless to say that was a long embarrassing day. Not to mention the ER doc keep my stent. My bet is they have a Hall of Fame or Look whet Stupid Did display somewhere in the back room.

Now a days I use a 1.25" O Ring that fits nicely over my shaft.

• Like 1

I found that the HDPE tubing I used must have been too "hard" for me. Even with nice smooth edges all over, I still ended up with a bloody mess. Thankfully, it didn't cause any lasting pain or bleeding, just some discomfort for an hour or two. Try try again.

On July 7, 2016 at 7:49 AM, cathdiap said:

This is how my stent fits in my urethra

image.jpeg

Thanks cathdiap! That diagram was pretty helpful for my latest stent. It's pretty close to what you've drawn there. Still it sometimes slides out, so needs a bit more tweaking I guess. But when it's in right,