LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My experience with stents

Just curious if anyone who has used a stent made from the 6mm silicone tubing and teflon inner tubing for the bends has experienced any bleeding when inserting it? Made one to the designs shown earlier with approximate dimensions, inserted it (need a longer 6mm sound to insert with :/ ) and when I though it was in place there was a bit of bleeding evident in my pee. Took it out right away and seems to have cleared up after a few days.

Made my first stent today to the design on the first page.

Could not get it to go in:(

Dont get it. I can get a normal catheter in no problem.

Might just stick with a pluged cath with holes in.

1 hour ago, knuffelknijntje said:

Am following this thread for a long time now, and after some time with catheters I am getting everything to build my own stent.

But then I came across this,

9 minutes ago, Catheterslave said:

Do you have trouble urinating in a way that you hold a lot of urine.then you have a hard time passing your urine through your urethral?

3 hours ago, knuffelknijntje said:

Am following this thread for a long time now, and after some time with catheters I am getting everything to build my own stent.

But then I came across this,

So gone back to a modded cath. Hate the bit that sticks out. Clamped it back around myself with an elastic band.

Gonna try Loveable guys modded stent. Just gotta find a make that the ballooon inflates equaly the ones I have tend to bulge at one side only :(

Hey all! I've recently read through all pages of both this thread & also the 46 paged "Close To Incontinence With A Catheter" thread.

Since my first experience with a catheter wasn't that pleasant (read experience here), I'm

Ok.

I seem to have success.

Boyhood's talk about silicon bending made me try something.

Its in. Im completely incontinent and dripping away. It is a cross between cathdiap and loveable-guys designs.

I took a silicon intermediate cath and basically over a very low cooker flame applied heat and bent. The first attempt i gave it to much and it melted so you need to only briefly hold in close to flame. Put it this way it was done be hand and did not burn myself so that quick.

I thought it would spring back but with careful bending and not doing it to much at a time so as not to kink the tubing after cooling under tap it held its shape.

I the used lovable guys idea with the white cap and fishing line.

Result is a very soft and still flexible stent that goes in a treat.

So far after a lie down, walking about and a trip to the supermarket there does not seem to be any movement.

I will post a pic of it later when I take it out and update about movement.

:):):)

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I found a video to retrieve the catheter with a magnet from the bladder.
I think it's more convenient than the repeat line.
The original is a blow to kidney catheter
http://www.urotech.com/downloads/download-movie-black-star.php
I think I want to try that to replace the repeat line, because that's discomfort for me
Greetings from the north of Germany 
Flo
  • 2 weeks later...

Thats the problem I had so made it useing heat and bending the silicon.

Result is that it keeps its shape and stays in place but is still really flexable and is very similar to inserting a normal cath ;)

4 hours ago, squeeek said:

Thats the problem I had so made it useing heat and bending the silicon.

Result is that it keeps its shape and stays in place but is still really flexable and is very similar to inserting a normal cath ;)

I tried a using a silcone cath and heating over a low flame, it just got really hot and sprung back to it's original straightness after though. 

Next I tried the method suggested my Loveable_Guy, inflated the balloon with ~2 cc of water and inserted with my 6mm sound (I need something easier though as the sound kept slipping to the side of the cath when it got to below the base of my penis where the urethra balloons out) I kept it in for about 1/2 a day and it was working very nicely until the water bypassed the small brad nail I was using for a plug ...need to cut the head off of the nail I think. 
Also I didn't have any of those small caps (local hardware chain or electronic store didn't have any and couldn't think where else to get from :/ ) so had to make do with the scratchy trimmed end. 
Used 15lb braid (had to pay $20 for 150meters for the sake of 2 feet of it lol :S ) but it's much better than mono. I sewed it into the cath 3 times, mainly for redundancy in case the cath tore. I tested it on another old cath and it took a lot of force to tear through the cath , so will prob just do twice next time and cover with the end cap (when I source some)

Kinda bummed that this thread is basically useless now after the crash a few weeks back :/

cath1.jpg

cath2.jpg

cath3.jpg

cath4.jpg

Edit: Also tried to fold the end of my 6mm silicone tubing (not the cath but the medical grade tube) inside itself as some have done earlier (I actually achieved this weeks ago myself with the same tubing) but just couldn't get it to fold over neatly without it blocking the hole with itself. 

Going to upload this picture that was posted on this thread before (before the crash), not really shure who posted it first. But this to show new people what this thread was about.

So: This is a stent, it has silicone tubing, nylon wire to retrieve it, silicone ring so the wire does not end up lost in the urethra. This variation has 4mm teflon tubing, but others use the 4mm pvc tubing found in spray bottles. The first bend is 45 degrees, and second is 60 degrees. Its bend using a heat gun. The extra hole in the bladder side is made, so incontinence is also better when laying down. The edges of the ends of the silicone tube are folded inward so they feel more smooth. The silicon tubing is 6mm, but one person also used silicone foley catheter ch18 to build this stent. All dimension can be found from the picture, but everyone is different, so some tuning for the right dimensions would be needed. Personally i think that the stickyness of silicone tubing also helps with the stent staying in place.

0718170020b.thumb.jpg.fa3da86683df42b31bb84f293cfcbb9f.jpg.ad6412a26fad63533e29c2896bbdf9b6.jpg

• Thanks 1

What the hell happened to all of our messages? Can't they do a database restore? This forum should be shut down for maintenance. 

Anyway, I decided to make a stent based on Cathdiap's idea and test it out for the first time this evening. The meatus entrance was surprisingly tough to pass with the stent, but it kind of popped with enough force. After that, I managed to get it through the external sphincter, but it took literally half an hour of relaxing and pushing. Like when I say relax, I am to the point that I am literally in the process of peeing, so I am super relaxed. Then my rose bud sound slipped to the side of the stent and I realized I was pushing nothing right along side it! So I backed the sound back up, and the stent must have backed out some because I had to get through the external sphincter again, which was nearly impossible. In this process, the sound slipped to the side about 5 times-- it was surprising and annoying how often that occurred. Then after all of that struggle, I saw a little bit of blood in my urine dribbles and decided to temporarily end the operation.

After pulling it out, the two Teflon ends looked a little twisted up for all the pushing I had been doing up against the sphincter. I'm seriously not exactly sure what I was doing wrong, but one thing I did notice is that the stent likes to twist backward (tips facing down) while I'm pushing it in, not the direction you need the stent (tips facing upwards). With the odd shape of this stent, I don't know why no one else here hasn't reported it twisting in rotation while pushing.

Test 1 was a fail. If you guys have any tips I could take from this, it would be appreciated.

• Like 1

Here are a couple pics of my first attempt. I decided to try extending the Teflon inner tubing to the end, in order to keep the holes open. Now I realize that a flexible tip as originally designed is probably necessary. The Teflon still had some flexibility to straighten out, but probably could have used more. Might have to do more pre-bending so it inserts more straight? Would love to hear some feedback.

1 (Custom).jpg

2 (Custom).jpg

3 (Custom).jpg

11 hours ago, diapersalways said:

they tried, the database was corrupted, can only move forward now

I do web development for a living and seriously don't understand, for example, how the beginning of our posts was preserved but nothing more. Is this the machined teaser that had to be replaced with the post content or something?

Either way, followers of this thread or admins may be relieved to know I have a backup copy made on October 11th.

I also have a backup copy made of the "Close To Incontinence With A Catheter" thread on March 17th.

In addition, I've backed up most of everyone's original (full resolution) attachments in both of these threads.

If admins or members are interested in either restoring these threads or just having it for archival purposes, I could probably help you out.

backup_attachments.jpg

• Thanks 3