LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My experience with stents

Ok so I’m not sure how to respond to individual messages but to answer a couple of questions I’ll try to do it in order...

Catheter Slave . yes I still sound, I have to as you say bust open the stritchers or scar tissue in my urethra, my urologist knows about this and is supporting just as long as I’m clean and safe since I’m extremely prone to UTI’s...

Actually I’ve been around these boards for quite sometime, and used to post more back before another crash I think. I also think that after sometime when you don’t post for a long that you get bumped from the system....

Cath diap thanks for the info, I’ll look into the link for filedropper, hopefully the link will work for me and I won’t have any issues, I have an Apple tablet and being that it is an Apple sometimes you can’t access certain content though I rarely have much problems.

wet knight this will be a bit lengthy, but no your not being too picky but if you will allow me to explain something. I don’t know what a paragraph is, I barely know where to place a period or comma. English, spelling and grammar was never one of my strongest subjects, well non of my subjects were. I used to not be able to spell words that were longer then 3-4 letters. If it wasn’t for spending lots of time on the computer over the last 20 years I’d probably still not be able to spell. So I’ll explain, I’m not sure where your from, but here in the US we have what is called special education, I was in special education from 1st-9th grade and had to repeat 9th grade. Special education in my opinion is a joke, it is or was when I was going to school nothing more then daycare for older kids and handicapped children. Once in awhile you got a really good Special Education teacher who really loves their job and their kids, those are the ones who aren’t in it for a pay check, they are there for the kids. I had a couple of those and they really helped me to learn the very basic skills needed to get through in life. The rest of them were only sometimes in the classrooms, my last teacher was also a cheerleader for the Dallas Cowboys and was more concerned in advancing her career then she was about us kids. I never graduated high school, in fact I dropped out as soon as I was able to legally do so because I wasn’t going to stay in school till I was 21 when they have no choice but to just kick you out wether or not you learned anything. I tried 3 times with schooling to be able to pass the GED but still could not pass it. Now I’m not looking for sympathy but I had other issues besides learning disabilities, I had severe ADHD, manic depression and they also listed me as having mild mental retardation and I was also suicidal. I was also dealing with an abusive mother, an abusive older brother, who mentally, physically and sexually abused me. Like I said in my first post, I didn’t have a very supportive family, not even my grandmother which I won’t go into right now. They only person who has been very supportive is my Husband, I’ve relied on him for 30 years for nearly everything, if it weren’t for him I’d never would have been able to drive an 18 Wheeler which requires more skill then just sitting behind a steering wheel. If it weren’t for him I’d never would have been able to attend and complete Beauty school and was able to pass both written and practical test. I scored a perfect 100 on my written exam, of course it was a check the yes or no and true and false boxes. and was able to start working in a Beauty salon on a learners permit under a new program while still attending school for another 300 hours I believe, and later when I graduated Beauty school I received a score of 98 on my practical exam, it would have been a perfect 100 but I dropped an implement on the floor...

I'm so sorry to read about your education problems;  I suffer from dyslexia, which makes reading a slab of text daunting.

I use Dragon Naturally Speaking to talk to my computer;  it is by no means perfect as I have trouble with pronouncing S & R's  but it is quite good.

7 hours ago, WETKNIGHT said:

Actually I’ve been around these boards for quite sometime, and used to post more back before another crash I think. I also think that after sometime when you don’t post for a long that you get bumped from the system...

Good to see you here again :D And my apologies for your account getting dropped. The policy regards inactive accounts was changed since you first joined and unfortunately once that happens I don't think it can be restored :huh: An email is sent before that happens, but those often go to inactive email accounts or get missed in the spam folder. It was not an easy decision to make, but we simply couldn't afford the server space keeping everything forever would take. If you'd like I will see if I can get you advanced to a more respectable class than "Newborn"- PM me if you want that.

To any other members who haven't posted in awhile who might read this, please be sure to sign in at least once a year- that will keep your account active.

Bettypooh

9 hours ago, Bettypooh said:

If you'd like I will see if I can get you advanced to a more respectable class than "Newborn"- PM me if you want that. 

A classification of NEWBORN in this society is no big deal, LOL. Very honorable of Bettypooh to offer this.

• 2 weeks later...

So my current stent is great, can't feel it when it's in, seems to stay in place, and seems like it works how it was suppose to. I think I need to make some minor changes and it will be perfect!

• Like 1

Sumelildude, what design did you end up settling with?

Catheterslave, diaper use while using a stent is about the same as when not using a stent except without control. The more you drink the more you leak. When using my stent I have to back off the fluids before bed. Otherwise its a wet bed for me. Less than desirable when living with a spouse. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/22/2018 at 10:59 AM, cathdiap said:

Blood is never a good sign, so please stop using that stent. Could you send me some pics of it (next to a ruler). Maybe I can tell what the problem might be.

Cathdiap, here's the 2 that I currently have made up, neither one of them works right, I've made several adjustments to the bend spacing but haven't been able to come up with anything that works quite right. Thanks for helping me figure out where I went wrong, eventually I'd love to get one tuned in well enough to cut the retrieval cord short enough to let the O ring on the end slip inside but still be easily removed using a crochet hook.

CIMG1776.JPG

So, with my stent, similar to the one above, I notice it keeps slipping out of place.  I think the end with the cord is too narrow, because it seems like pressure is what causes it to slip out.  Any thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2018 at 11:54 PM, Somelildude said:

So, with my stent, similar to the one above, I notice it keeps slipping out of place.  I think the end with the cord is too narrow, because it seems like pressure is what causes it to slip out.  Any thoughts?

I think the top of the stent inside the bladder is too long. The bladder wall will try to push it out of the bladder. The top of my stent is about half the length of yours.

The same goes for the bottom part of your stent. I think this long the stent will pass the bulbous part of the urethra and enter the narrow part of it inside the penis. This area is more sensitive causing discomfort when wearing for extended periods of time.

I also think that the plastic tube in the bottom of the stent is too long. When you sit down this part might cause a leverage around the outer sphincter and pull the stent down and out of the bladder. 

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

I think I may have got it this time, I re-made everything, and followed the original design nearly to a "T", I think the only thing I did was extend the main tube by 1.5 CM to end up with 12.5CM after folding in the ends and maybe took 5-8MM off the inner tubes to bring them down to look more like the images. I have it in now and I can't feel it (yet) and I think I'm leaking into my diaper, I can't be sure, I didn't have much in my bladder when I inserted so I'm not 100% sure but I think I got it :)

• 2 weeks later...

I think I can no longer claim that my new stent design might work for everyone. Too many reported efforts have been unsuccesful. But somehow I keep thinking it is all between the ears.

Every time I have to make a new stent for myself I realise how important the right angle and the right sizes of the plastic tubes are. It is all a matter of finding out and exactly following the shape of your urethra and hooking the stent the right way in the bladder. Only then the stent will stay put, feel comfortable and work well.

This requires a lot of experimenting and I didn't realise at the time when I wrote about my design that most of you might be not as obsessed (or foolish) as I am to accomplish this aim. Sometimes I have to change the shape of a new stent about twenty times to let it work well and fit as comfortable as I want. But even if I have to change the shape this many times I always manage to make a good stent within a few hours.

Am I missing something? Any notes?:42_EmoticonsHDcom:

55 minutes ago, cathdiap said:

I think I can no longer claim that my new stent design might work for everyone. Too many reported efforts have been unsuccesful. But somehow I keep thinking it is all between the ears.

Every time I have to make a new stent for myself I realise how important the right angle and the right sizes of the plastic tubes are. It is all a matter of finding out and exactly following the shape of your urethra and hooking the stent the right way in the bladder. Only then the stent will stay put, feel comfortable and work well.

This requires a lot of experimenting and I didn't realise at the time when I wrote about my design that most of you might be not as obsessed (or foolish) as I am to accomplish this aim. Sometimes I have to change the shape of a new stent about twenty times to let it work well and fit as comfortable as I want. But even if I have to change the shape this many times I always manage to make a good stent within a few hours.

Am I missing something? Any notes?:42_EmoticonsHDcom:

I think you are spot on. I think the best way to approach it is to find a design of which you think that might work for you and work from there on. I takes a lot of experimenting meanwhile come up with new ideas and implement them in your design. Sometimes it is one step forward and two steps back but that is life. The only thing I can say with absolute certainty that is how I approached it all when I felt the need to fulfill my desire to become incontinent without causing bodily harm.

So... long time lurker, first time poster. cathdiap has my sincerest gratitude for starting this amazing thread.

I spend a lot more time thinking than I do experimenting, so I'd go long times between attempts at stent making. Each time, I'd pick a different part of the problem to try to solve.

I just inserted a promising prototype. Silicone malecot 4-wing catheter cut down to length. Only one piece of bent inner tubing (maybe 80° angle), with 8cm between angle and wings. I braided a few nylon sutures together and looped them through a couple holes in the inner tubing. The other end is tied to a rubber cock ring that sits around the head, hopefully safe from bouncing around and getting pulled on. The cut end of the silicone is smoothed by using the white wire shelf caps suggested earlier.

Definitely getting uncontrollable, regular leakage. I can feel it in place though. Especially when I sit. The entry was a little rough because I'm silly and the pusher tool I used was too thin, so it wound up sliding in along beside the stent at one point, dislodging a chunk of urethral lining, so I can't tell if it's actually too long after the curve, too short between the curve and the bladder neck, or if this is just to be expected after the insertion. My guess is that 8cm is too short, so after I take this out (probably tomorrow) I'll slide the curved inner tube further down. I might try a more aggressive angle in it, too.

Going to fall asleep really soon, so here's hoping for a good night. I'll post a picture and update when it comes out. I think this might be the one. Thanks again to cathdiap. You are seriously amazing.

• Like 2

Grumpy

Welcome and thank you for the contribution to our forum.  I've given the Malecote a go a while back. The catheter is interesting but I could not get it work as a stent.  We look forward to seeing your design.  BTY can you let us know where can get a Malcote without a prescription in the US? PM would be a good idea if you are concerned about exposing your source.

• Like 1

Dotmed shows malecot silicone catheters in stock.  I did not try to buy them, so I don't know if the site will let you without a prescription.

My thought was take two malecot catheters and cut them both approx 5cm (?) from the distal end and join the distal ends with some sort of union allowing the catheters to  cover the union.  Attach a retrieval line, clean and insert.  But this is just an idea or theory.  I have not tried it.

Apologies for the delay.

The bend is the same idea as cathdiap's original method, using a piece of spray bottle tubing heated and bent to retain its shape. It fits snugly inside this 18fr silicone cath. Insertion was actually pretty easy. I use surgilube sterile lubricant, commonly used for normal cathing and sounding. I flattened out the wings and inserted it that way. The silicone is soft enough that it was fine and not destructive or painful. I could definitely feel when I got to the bladder and the wings expanded out, but that bit was complicated by the fact that my length is off somewhere.

I had it in for a while and it felt pretty good, except I'd build up pressure and could push on my bladder with my abs and get some drainage, but it was pushing against something for sure, so either the very end of the stent was up against the urethral wall, or there was a kink in the line somewhere. My guess is that it was too short along the prostate. I might try round two tonight. Whenever I do wind up trying again, I'm going to move the bend as far to the cut end as possible. Hopefully, there's enough slack, but there's only a bit more than 1cm. Next time, I'll leave more room to trim off the end. As with getting a haircut, you can always trim a bit more, and it's a lot easier than putting some back on ?

Using two malecots is definitely an interesting idea. My first impression has me imagining that you'd want to fit one snugly inside of another. I have a few to try this with, and I think you'd need something like a 4fr difference between sizes. Haven't given that method much more thought or attention than that yet.

IMG_20180830_065218.jpg

IMG_20180830_065258.jpg

IMG_20180830_065539.jpg

• Thanks 1

Update: Several thoughts... Moving the bent tubing nearer to the end seems to feel better. I had a decently full bladder upon insertion, and the stent did its job pretty much how you'd expect. If I can feel anything, I think it's maybe the back of the deflated bladder touching the tip of the stent near the wings. It doesn't feel bad; just a slightly noticeable sensation consistent with normal sounding/cathing feelings. That gave me a thought, though... if the bladder will remain deflated because it will always drain before it has a chance to inflate very much, then the back of the bladder should always be putting at least a little bit of pressure on the stent as if to push it out. I wonder if that means that the bent inner tubing section isn't necessary at all, which would dramatically simplify the design.

In the time it's taken me to compose the above paragraph, I've noticed some dull sensations near where I think the kidneys sit in the abdomen, which is relieved if I no longer sit straight up. I've been chugging water pretty steadily, and there's a decent little flood when I lean back in my chair.
The other thing is a slightly weird sensation in my left testicle. Not totally foreign to me, but interesting that if I ever engage in urethral play and something testicular is happening, it's always that one.

I have to shower for work in a couple hours, so I'm debating the pros and cons of leaving it in for further observation, especially while moving around rather than just sitting at my desk. I have one of those locking incontinence penis clamps, but something tells me that it shouldn't be relied on because otherwise it'd be a more commonly discussed device. Anybody have any experience with condom catheters and leg bags? I'm trying to think of ways to remain stented during times where a diaper would be too awkward (around coworkers, family, etc.) I suppose the price we pay for incontinence being voluntary is that it would be a lot harder to explain upon discovery.

Thank you GrumpyMonk for the detailed information and the pictures. Stent looks very well made, nicely done! 

Maybe you should try to shorten the part of the stent that runs through the prostate (between the wings and the bent piece of inner tubing) to about 6 cm instead of the 8 cm it has on the pic. I think the top of the stent is reaching too far in the bladder hitting the wall at the top. Removing the bent inner tubing will increase the risk of the stent slipping into the bladder. If the stent fits better after shortening the upper part of the stent you can cut of a few cm 's at the end of the stent. 

Where did you buy the malecot catheters?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I use a leg bag with condom catheter quite often for extended endurance when not using a proper catheter. For me the Conveen bags are the most comfortable. These last quite well if rinsed well and washed out with dilute bleach occasionally.  The inexpensive Urisure External catheter works well too but can soon develop pin holes. I use a size smaller than I would otherwise take to ensure a snug fit. (25mm for me) It  is secured in place with a rubber strap made from bicycle inner tube rubber with snap fastenings. The circumference is made about 2 mm shorter than the actual distance so there is a slight stretch.  When the bag has collected some pee, empty it squeezing out as much air as possible to minimize the ‘slosh’. I, too, would lie to know where to get malecots. 

• Thanks 1

@Old_PA Thanks! Hopefully, I'll find an iteration of this stent in which I'm confident enough to leave it in, and then I'll need to use this advice.

@cathdiap Shorten, you think? I'll give it a try for round three. Thanks!

On the topic of length, for the final bit of pushing through the bladder neck during insertion, I have actually been removing my pushing rod and just sort of pinching the urethra closed and working the stent in by hand from the outside, with my thumb on top of and at the base of the penis and my fingers just about behind the scrotum. Once I feel it pop into place/through the bladder sphincter, I can still feel the outer tip of the stent in that area. Is this also the case for any of you with successful designs? (Realizing this, it's understandable that sitting down would pinch the urethra closed and cause a flood upon standing.) I'm not sure how near the outer sphincter should be relative to the outside of the body, which makes me unsure if I should or shouldn't be able to feel a successful stent with my fingers from that spot.

Regarding the malecots, I found a local surgical supplies reseller. Small business, local pickup, probably thought it was weird when I said I wasn't with some medical institution, but in the end I suppose it wasn't a problem. If it's relevant, I had been pretty close to ordering some on ebay. Might be worth keeping an eye out.

3 hours ago, GrumpyMonk said:

@Old_PA Thanks! Hopefully, I'll find an iteration of this stent in which I'm confident enough to leave it in, and then I'll need to use this advice.

@cathdiap Shorten, you think? I'll give it a try for round three. Thanks!

On the topic of length, for the final bit of pushing through the bladder neck during insertion, I have actually been removing my pushing rod and just sort of pinching the urethra closed and working the stent in by hand from the outside, with my thumb on top of and at the base of the penis and my fingers just about behind the scrotum. Once I feel it pop into place/through the bladder sphincter, I can still feel the outer tip of the stent in that area. Is this also the case for any of you with successful designs? (Realizing this, it's understandable that sitting down would pinch the urethra closed and cause a flood upon standing.) I'm not sure how near the outer sphincter should be relative to the outside of the body, which makes me unsure if I should or shouldn't be able to feel a successful stent with my fingers from that spot.

Regarding the malecots, I found a local surgical supplies reseller. Small business, local pickup, probably thought it was weird when I said I wasn't with some medical institution, but in the end I suppose it wasn't a problem. If it's relevant, I had been pretty close to ordering some on ebay. Might be worth keeping an eye out.

4 minutes ago, Old_PA said:

Thanks for that.