LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My experience with stents

WELL SAID!  You don't start out putting a stent in without being an experienced catheter user. Get to know yourself, what to expect and when to stop. And most importantly how to be clean / safe.

On 24-1-2018 at 2:22 AM, Diapered Dave said:

Any photos of it??

I had no chance to take a picture of my stent any sooner than this for it was in use.;)  It isn’t all that different from what I’ve posted  and used before. The things I have changed over time in comparison to the other stents; the total length somewhat shorter, the distance between the O-ring has been altered / tweaked to suit my personal internal measurements, the two O-rings now face in the same directions as the curve in the tube and finally in found a way to give the tube a slight curve so it follows you internal plumbing better. The retrieval wire is only 2” in length and at the end I tied a standard silicon O-ring the same size as the ones keeping the stent in place. These O-rings are very soft. The one at the end of the line folds in and remains in the urethra. The crochet hook picks up on the O-ring usually in one go and the stent can be pulled out very gently.:P

IMG_0427.JPG

Foley catheter are the best way to get to know your urethral play. Those home made stent are not a good way to start out with. Get to know your urethral track using catheter is the best way to go. I went to a Huypnotis to train my subconscious mind to control my mind to inhance my Foley catheter addiction. This is how I turned my fetlife to become a true reality. Catheter slave is addicted to my Foley catheter 24/7 and every thing to do with it. I can never ever give up my catheter addiction because of my sexual pleasure I get from catheter and sounding. I will surender my free will to be a gay perverted Bondage sex slave in slaved to my Foley catheter because of my urine incontinence. I can never ever escape my deepest fetlife desires .Being so submissive and controable to most MASTER/ MISTRESS who want me. 

On 1/23/2018 at 9:55 PM, hometool said:

hi everyone i have been reading this thread for some time and have played with stents some with some success. my best result was with nasal cannula tubing about 6in long with the ends built up with hotmelt glue the end in the bladder a bell shape and the outher end a ball both roughly 3/8in. i made and used several i was able to install and remove them working them in and out pushing through the skin up till the last time i was able to retreve them the last one i think was a little shorter and i could not get it out. left it in about 5 months and then i went to a hospital to have it removed. if i play with stents again i will use a retreval line. i seam to be prone to uti and had to take antibiotics to clear them the last time i did not get a uti but i was taking  antibiotics for another problem i had hometool

So your saying you left a stent in place for five months? Did you have any problems other than needing to wear diapers 24/7. When you had it removed was it fished out the why it entered or was it thru surgery? Afterwards did things return to normal or did the incontinence continue?  

when i went to the dr to have my stent removed he was able to pull it out the same way it went in. i am not shure what tool was used but i watched a vido as a scope alowed the dr to see what he was doing. once the stint was removed  i was back to being a potty trained 70 year old man. i wear 24/7 for #1 and use potty for #2 but am still mostly conntent except around running water in the kitchen. i sometimes wet while in bed most times i wake up at least somewhat awake but then right back to sleep 

I have a Spanner stent put in to help me p because of my prostate getting bigger. It come out the next month and see how thing flow after that. I’m now leaking 247 Dippers use all the time. When I go hiking in spandex with out Dippers I’m socked feel great people looking at me and sometimes being followed. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, Loveable_guy said:

So your saying you left a stent in place for five months? Did you have any problems other than needing to wear diapers 24/7. When you had it removed was it fished out the why it entered or was it thru surgery? Afterwards did things return to normal or did the incontinence continue?  

18 hours ago, hometool said:

when i went to the dr to have my stent removed he was able to pull it out the same way it went in. i am not shure what tool was used but i watched a vido as a scope alowed the dr to see what he was doing. once the stint was removed  i was back to being a potty trained 70 year old man. i wear 24/7 for #1 and use potty for #2 but am still mostly conntent except around running water in the kitchen. i sometimes wet while in bed most times i wake up at least somewhat awake but then right back to sleep 

I'm actually more curious as to what the doctor said about this? 

• Like 1

hi puppyz i was worried when i went to see my primary care i knew she would have to send a referral for me to see a urologist but was in fear of what she would say my fear was unfounded and the urologist was non judgmental i gave her the facts and she said our job is to help you.this was handled buy the U.S.A. V.A. which i have gone to for all my care for the last 15yrs

I use a Spanner stent and I have no way of getting it out. Till doctors tell me it time to come out. I to love the feeling of being controlled. I’m a catheter slave also helpless and subconscious mind control me to be a submissive slave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've tried a couple of cathdiap's standard designs over the last couple months but have been unable to keep the stent in place. It's easy to feel when it slides into place, but It seems to always slip into the bladder, even if I walk around, flex my pelvic floor even once (kegel exercise), lay down, cough hard, etc. On rarer occasions where I had an extreme urge to urinate, it would even slip out the other way. I've got photos of these two stents if any of you are interested to see...

But for now, I'm curious to know what anybody thinks of this concept I just came up with (images below). It uses cheap and flexible 22mm suction cups to help keep the stent in place. The suction cups can pretty easily bend either way (up or down). I first carefully drilled a hole through the stem into the center of the suction cup using my smallest drill bit, and then shoved the cup stem into the outside tubing. To open the hole and keep the cups in place, I sharpened (but rounded off) a couple pieces of Teflon tubing on one end so I could shove it through the suction cup and pin it up against the silicone tubing, which is a very tight fit. 

5a763418b4826_20180109_185639(Medium).thumb.jpg.2f3ab433736c9a621ad95223a6dccfde.jpg

5a76341a375ac_20180109_200542(Medium).thumb.jpg.dfed8874fcceb121eda8553ee3786586.jpg

5a763417bc9bf_20180109_210404(Medium).thumb.jpg.d675bd991e2e13548555769932c025db.jpg

I haven't inserted it yet only because my opening meatus is too tight-- I'll need to make another alteration to the bladder neck's suction cup side to allow a "point" to insert. I'm thinking this can possibly be accomplished by extending the inner Teflon tubing out of the suction cup end, (but rounded off like the other side to eliminate sharp edges).

What does anyone think about this concept? Is it dangerous or worth trying?

I don’t know but I looks like there is a lot of stuff to bring in and I doubt you’ll be able to pass it. Like others I make my own stents. At one time I took an idea from Cathdiaper and worked from there on to crate my own. Over time I’ve adjusted my design to what I consider to be perfect for my personal needs and desire. I think a stent is very personal and I think no two people are alike, meaning you will have to figure out what works for you and what doesn’t. There is no way I will burn down your concept but I do feel there is a lot going on there. I’ve always tried to minimize the amount of components needed and never used components that were kept in place by natural tension or anything like that. The more components you use the higher the risk of failure or getting a UTI if not careful enough during the process of making one. Personally I use three components: silicon tube, fishing line and silicon O-rings. After I am done making a stent it almost solid. The fishing line keeps everything tied together and it I only one string I use to put it all together. The one line keeps the O-rings in place and gives the stent its curvature to follow ones natural autonomy of your body as much as possible and that is it.  Try and you'll know.

18 hours ago, boyhood said:

Let us know how it went after you get out of the hospital to have it removed.....  

Ok, seriously... I see a few problems here.. First, if those suction cups are like the kind I've seen, they're gonna be to stiff to get in your urethra, And if you DO, the pressure they will exert, trying to expand, will rub you raw, inside.  And how will it come out? The way you have them facing, one of them will have to roll up backwards, to pull it out.

I'm not just talking out my butt... I've tried several different designs, resulting in a VERY sore penis, bleeding from my penis for a day, and even a visit to a urologist to have one removed from my bladder.

NO WAY, don't try this with the suction cups. If you do manage to get this in place you will likely end up in the ER. If you are having troubles fashioning a working stent consider using a Foley inflated with 1 CC of fluids, cut short around 5.5". There should still be some photos around this board if not under my profile on Fetlife.com there are some . After one trip to the ER to have failed stent project removed I have devolved my stent to be completely unnoticeable to me when in use. Unnoticeable  to me except for the continuous need to change into a fresh dry diaper.

Please don't end up n the ER. Play safe and yield to the advise of the elders on this board. We learned our lessons the hard way, some very expensive too.  

• Like 1

I appreciate the advice Diapered Dave & Loveable_guy. I did forget to mention that I actually brought a separate line up through it to sew each cup in place as an added precaution. They are on there super tight (I did some tests) and also extremely flimsy-- I would almost consider them soft, but I agree there could still be some discomfort on both the insertion and removal. I thought that might be part of the reason it would stay in place better where it's seated.

Let's get back to the original concept then. Could you tell me what you see wrong in this design? It slides into place but migrates into the bladder even if I walk around, flex my pelvic floor even once (kegel exercise), lay down, cough hard, etc. On rarer occasions where I had an extreme urge to urinate, they on seldom slip out the other way.

5a7954e633e80_20180105_171732(Medium).thumb.jpg.daaaf01c987a20d579b025960322e5ad.jpg

Looking forward to hearing back!

6 hours ago, boyhood said:

I appreciate the advice Diapered Dave & Loveable_guy. I did forget to mention that I actually brought a separate line up through it to sew each cup in place as an added precaution. They are on there super tight (I did some tests) and also extremely flimsy-- I would almost consider them soft, but I agree there could still be some discomfort on both the insertion and removal. I thought that might be part of the reason it would stay in place better where it's seated.

Let's get back to the original concept then. Could you tell me what you see wrong in this design? It slides into place but migrates into the bladder even if I walk around, flex my pelvic floor even once (kegel exercise), lay down, cough hard, etc. On rarer occasions where I had an extreme urge to urinate, they on seldom slip out the other way.

5a7954e633e80_20180105_171732(Medium).thumb.jpg.daaaf01c987a20d579b025960322e5ad.jpg

Looks way too long in the middle section, probably shorten it by 3/4 of an inch or so, so it's a bit more tight fitting inside. push the outer hard plastic tube in but leave the silicone outer the same length and trim later when it's working

I'm not a big fan of the formed hard plastic stent design. I gave it a try, never really got comfortable. To each their own I say. I have however used the attached with great success.  Easy to make low cost, after use I wash in soap and hot water allow to dry and then soak in alcohol for  twenty minutes before wrapping in a fresh paper towel. The balloon has 1 cc +/-  of fluid inserted. To plug the cut end I use a piece of weed wacker line reduced in size to suite.  Now that I have been using this design roughly four years now I have no discomfort at all when wearing. My longest continuous use time  is only four days but that is due to family life.

IMG_0543-1.JPG

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Loveable_guy said:

I'm not a big fan of the formed hard plastic stent design. I gave it a try, never really got comfortable. To each their own I say. I have however used the attached with great success.  Easy to make low cost, after use I wash in soap and hot water allow to dry and then soak in alcohol for  twenty minutes before wrapping in a fresh paper towel. The balloon has 1 cc +/-  of fluid inserted. To plug the cut end I use a piece of weed wacker line reduced in size to suite.  Now that I have been using this design roughly four years now I have no discomfort at all when wearing. My longest continuous use time  is only four days but that is due to family life.

IMG_0543-1.JPG

Loveable_guy, could you explain how your design stays in place without migrating into the bladder? 

On 1/26/2018 at 7:48 AM, dlnoir said:

I had no chance to take a picture of my stent any sooner than this for it was in use.;)  It isn’t all that different from what I’ve posted  and used before. The things I have changed over time in comparison to the other stents; the total length somewhat shorter, the distance between the O-ring has been altered / tweaked to suit my personal internal measurements, the two O-rings now face in the same directions as the curve in the tube and finally in found a way to give the tube a slight curve so it follows you internal plumbing better. The retrieval wire is only 2” in length and at the end I tied a standard silicon O-ring the same size as the ones keeping the stent in place. These O-rings are very soft. The one at the end of the line folds in and remains in the urethra. The crochet hook picks up on the O-ring usually in one go and the stent can be pulled out very gently.:P

IMG_0427.JPG

dlnoir, your design is most similar to my latest suction cup design intended to stay in place by means of expanding a point just below the external sphincter. In recognition of your success with this design, it is overall intriguing. Looking back through this thread, it looks like you mounted those O-rings with external stitches. I have several questions if you don't mind answering: 1) What inside or outside diameter are these O-rings and have you experimented with different sizes? 2) What is the exact length between your O-rings? 3) Instead of using external stitches to hold on the O-rings, what would happen if you squeezed them through a punched hole? 4) Also, why is your silicone tubing extended so far above the top O-ring? Your earlier posts show a couple punched holes more clearly, but why this extra length? Technically speaking, wouldn't the bladder be able to drain quicker if the tubing sticking up inside the bladder is as short as possible?

--------------

Also, regarding this design:

18 hours ago, Puppyz said:

Looks way too long in the middle section, probably shorten it by 3/4 of an inch or so, so it's a bit more tight fitting inside. push the outer hard plastic tube in but leave the silicone outer the same length and trim later when it's working

That is interesting advice (to narrow my design another ~2cm). I have read through every post of this topic and understand everyone's anatomy is slightly different. The current distance between my two stent bends as pictured above (accounting for the length of the combined pre-prostatic, prostatic, & membranous urethra) is roughly 6.5 cm. Also important to note that the pre-prostatic urethra length does fluctuate by up to 1.5 cm depending on the fullness of the bladder, a fact that all designs should accommodate. 

Cathdiap's latest designs have a distance of ~5.5 cm in between the two bends.

Inconito described his as 8 cm

Ind described his as 7 cm.

Ferix described his as 5.5 cm.

Shortening my current design 3/4 inch would put the distance between the two bends at 4.5 cm. That sounds a little short, doesn't it? In fact, wouldn't it almost make sense to elongate it? Think about it: this design slips inside, so could it be that the bottom bend is already too short and flattening out? What's happening, do you think?

I thought originally that part of the reason my design allowed easy migration to the bladder may have been the result of the lower Teflon piece length (and position of curve bend along that length that allowed it to flatten out and slip inside)... but I've also tested out much longer pieces of Teflon inner tubing with a more equal positioned curve and though insertion was much tougher, the same issue was still not resolved.

Still not sure of what is wrong with my design.

On 06/02/2018 at 7:15 AM, boyhood said:

I think I've found something similar to you in that inward migration was a problem - fortunately, everything that went in came out again.  For me, I realised that the stent needed a bit more 'resistance' to anchor it into place.  My solution was a 'scooby string' (see the pic below) threaded through the outer end of the stent; this acts as an 'anchor'.  Occasionally, at night usually, the stent can migrate outwards a bit, but it's never gone inwards.  I'm not sure if the 'crook' I put in really makes any difference.  Like all these things it takes a bit of getting used to but you acclimatise pretty quickly and after three or four uses I had no sense that it was there and it's easy to get in and out.  For initial 'tests' I left a length of scobby string sufficently long to act as a 'retrieval rope'; once I was confident it wouldn't move I cut it off; retrieval is by grasping the 'bulb' at the outer end through the skin (sitting just behind my balls) and gradually working it out.  The tubing is fairly firm medical grade silicon; I found that the more flexible the tubing, the more likely inward migration was - which is why I gave up try to modify a latex cath.  Sorry it looks a bit discoloured now - it's had plenty of use!  I clean it by putting it in a mug of boiling water and then in the microwave for a couple of minutes.  For me at least this design is perfect - but it took many experiments to get there!

fullsizeoutput_1501.jpeg

• Like 1
8 hours ago, boyhood said:

That is interesting advice (to narrow my design another ~2cm). I have read through every post of this topic and understand everyone's anatomy is slightly different. The current distance between my two stent bends as pictured above (accounting for the length of the combined pre-prostatic, prostatic, & membranous urethra) is roughly 6.5 cm. Also important to note that the pre-prostatic urethra length does fluctuate by up to 1.5 cm depending on the fullness of the bladder, a fact that all designs should accommodate. 

Cathdiap's latest designs have a distance of ~5.5 cm in between the two bends.

Inconito described his as 8 cm

Ind described his as 7 cm.

Ferix described his as 5.5 cm.

Shortening my current design 3/4 inch would put the distance between the two bends at 4.5 cm. That sounds a little short, doesn't it? In fact, wouldn't it almost make sense to elongate it? Think about it: this design slips inside, so could it be that the bottom bend is already too short and flattening out? What's happening, do you think?

I thought originally that part of the reason my design allowed easy migration to the bladder may have been the result of the lower Teflon piece length (and position of curve bend along that length that allowed it to flatten out and slip inside)... but I've also tested out much longer pieces of Teflon inner tubing with a more equal positioned curve and though insertion was much tougher, the same issue was still not resolved.

Still not sure of what is wrong with my design.

Where your black marks are on the cath might be ~6cm but there's about 1/4" either end before the curve really starts. I can't upload pics to this site to mark on your pic where I'd measure from but it's more on the curve itself. 

IMG_0427.JPG

11 hours ago, boyhood said:

dlnoir, your design is most similar to my latest suction cup design intended to stay in place by means of expanding a point just below the external sphincter. In recognition of your success with this design, it is overall intriguing. Looking back through this thread, it looks like you mounted those O-rings with external stitches. I have several questions if you don't mind answering: 1) What inside or outside diameter are these O-rings and have you experimented with different sizes? 2) What is the exact length between your O-rings? 3) Instead of using external stitches to hold on the O-rings, what would happen if you squeezed them through a punched hole? 4) Also, why is your silicone tubing extended so far above the top O-ring? Your earlier posts show a couple punched holes more clearly, but why this extra length? Technically speaking, wouldn't the bladder be able to drain quicker if the tubing sticking up inside the bladder is as short as possible?

Hi Boyhood,

I don’t mind answering at all. I make my stent out of 6 mm silicon tube with an inner diameter of 4 mm. (sorry for the metric measurements, Europe you know). The O-rings are made out of silicon as well. The wire thickness is 1.78 mm and the inner diameter of the O-ring is 18 mm. I do experiment with other diameters but is found that these do the trick just fine. These O-rings fold back quite easily which eases the installation of the stent and are sturdy enough to keep the stent in place and keep it from migrating. The distance between the O-rings is 60 mm in my case, but might be different for the next guy, very personal. I use fishing line to stitch ever thing together, it is just one line with only one knot in it to tie it off in the end. I stitch the O-rings three maybe four times to the side of the stent. I’ll push a needle through the tube some 25 mm from the top so you’ll get a wire on the left hand and the right hand side of the tube. Even though it is one wire from this point on you’ll have two, left hand and right hand wire. Further I proceed to  loop the wire around the O-ring. Punch another hole with the needle trough the tube (some 2 mm apart of the first hole) so the needle enters the tube again. Then I go straight back to the first hole that I’ve made leaving the inside of the tube right away, this I repeat a couple of times. This is very easy to do since the tube is very flexible. If I tie the O-ring to the side of the tube I use only the minimum amount of tension on the wire since it will be tied multiple times no excessive force is needed, just keep things flush. I’ll start out with both sides of the top O-ring and then I proceed to the lower one. When I start with the lower one I’ll twist the wire inside the then I’ll put some tension on it. By putting some tension on it the tube will bend giving it the desired curvature. In one of my earlier designs (years ago) if tried to run the O-ring through a punctured hole but it clogged up the inner diameter too much 2 x 1.78 almost equals the inner diameter of the tube resulting in a very poor urine flow to say the least. I found that the length above the upper O-ring with the puncture holes is beneficial to the urine flow. easier to enter the tube and I think it eases installation of the stent. I have tried a shorter version but the urine didn’t flow as good but that is just an opinion. The length sticking inside your bladder will help to keep the neck of you bladder open I think. So overall measurements add up to 25 mm inside the bladder, 60 mm between the O-rings, 20mm under the lower O-ring total of 105 mm. The retrieval line is 55 / 65 mm in length and the O-ring at the end of the line is a standard O-ring with the same measurements as stated above. I hope I’ve answered your questions and I hope it all makes sense to you, since English is not my native language.

22 hours ago, boyhood said:

Loveable_guy, could you explain how your design stays in place without migrating into the bladder? 

Other that it has not happen to me once in four years I guess the retrieval line doing the intended job.

• 2 months later...

ok, so things are sort-of working but I have a small issue with inward migration that I'm adjusting out but the other issue I'm having is the outer end is a bit irritating and I can only get comfortable if I point my penis up. does that mean that I have things too long or what, I'm definitely leaking though which has me excited. anyone have suggestions?