LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My experience with stents

I'm not gonna lie; I gave up on stents for a bit. I tried and didn't get anywhere...I built what I believed to be a good, useful stent and I had no issue with insertion other than the same issue a lot of people mention (the curves making it twist a bit, and being a bit more painful/uncomfortable than the average cath would be). But once it was in place...it came out wayyy too easily, without fail, or I couldn't tell if it was IN PLACE properly. I mean, I had this admittedly naive notion that I'd know once it was seated and in place, but I realize now that's just not true. At least for me.

Obviously my experience is limited, but I would think for the most part, the tendency is to want to push it out, so it's more a matter of keeping it hooked inside. There are reports of them slipping inside, I'm not sure if it's because there is a tendency for that, or if it's related to

Here are the only pictures I remembered to take. The first two are the spring and nylon rings I used. I forgot to take any of the first stent. The last picture is my 2nd version from the silastic foley that I like. The bend comes only from the spring inside, but obviously wasn't enough to keep it in place.

• Like 1
On 4/14/2017 at 6:04 AM, YeOldeDiapers said:

On that note, I have almost a full box of 16fr silicone catheters I won't use - any thoughts on whether these would be okay to advertise on DD?

Yes, you can get rid of those in the "Trading Post" forums but there's a legal issue involved as in many places, a scrip is required to purchase these so you will need to state that a scrip is required in your offer. After that whatever happens in private is not our problem ;)

Bettypooh

Hi everyone.

Been watching this thread for a long time and I think its really great the ideas and suggestions that have been generated here. It's very inspiring.
I have a quick question: is there a reason why most people here are suggesting silicone tubing as opposed to latex? I've noticed latex is readily available where I live and I am wanting to make my first stent...however, I don't want to use latex if there is a particular reason people have been sticking to silicone.

Thanks!

I make my stent out of silicon tube and I have a number of reasons for that. To start off, silicon is soft and quite strong. As far as I know there are no chemical components in silicon tubes which can cause allergic reactions. Silicon is nontoxic, at least the tube I use is off a medical grade. Last but not least, ones the production of silicon tube has been completed, none of the raw materials will come out of the tube, unlike for example out of PVC. I find silicon easy to work with and it is easy to find, buy and not expensive.

On 4/21/2017 at 7:36 AM, wpg.caster said:

Hi everyone.

Been watching this thread for a long time and I think its really great the ideas and suggestions that have been generated here. It's very inspiring.
I have a quick question: is there a reason why most people here are suggesting silicone tubing as opposed to latex? I've noticed latex is readily available where I live and I am wanting to make my first stent...however, I don't want to use latex if there is a particular reason people have been sticking to silicone.

Thanks!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, YeOldeDiapers said:

I'm looking forward to read how you're progressing.

It seems everything has returned to normal. The numbness is gone, the wettings stopped, but I will wait a few more days to make sure the uncontrolled messings no longer occur. As soon

• Like 4

First off, great thread. A huge thanks to cathdiap and everyone else for their advice and keeping this thread active.

Using cathdiap's design, I have comstructed

• Like 1

Cathdiap, very glad things have returned to normal. I'm sure you were not looking forward to that conversation at the doctors?

Ferix have you considering using a Foley to make your stent? While I was successful copying and making stents such as discussed here I found using a silicon Foley inflated with 1 CC of fluids to work best for myself. The hollow silicone plugs look interesting but keep in mind the value of using a stent is the safe distance between our bladder the diaper area. With the silicone plugs you are creating a pathway that

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Loveable_guy said:

Cathdiap, very glad things have returned to normal. I'm sure you were not looking forward to that conversation at the doctors?

Ferix have you considering using a Foley to make your stent? While I was successful copying and making stents such as discussed here I found using a silicon Foley inflated with 1 CC of fluids to work best for myself. The hollow silicone plugs look interesting but keep in mind the value of using a stent is the safe distance between our bladder the diaper area. With the silicone plugs you are creating a pathway that

4 hours ago, Loveable_guy said:

Thanks LG. I don't think I would have payed a visit to the doctors. I am pretty sure it must be something related to the nerves in that area as I only experienced numbness. I had

Everything is going fine again, I am wetting all the time, no messings, no numbness or discomfort at all. But even if the messings

• Like 2