LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My experience with stents

I never used iodine to disinfect the stent, catheter or whatever. I favor to use Alcohol and a good soap. Even though the majority takes kindly to iodine it is also known to cause allergic reactions for some of us. In all fairness, I do not know if I am allergic to iodine. The one thing I do know my mom is allergic to iodine. Now you might wonder what it has to do with me, well that is rather simple. My mom can tolerate iodine on her skin if not being used for an extended period of time. Once she had surgery it nearly killed her due to an allergic reaction coming from iodine. Like I said, I use alcohol to disinfect the stent and in the early days catheters. For the rest I wash up with a very good soap.

So far I never ever had a UTI therefor I think I use the right methodology to stay safe. Further I do belief that the nature of urine will help to keep the stent clean while installed, that is as long as you produce enough urine, meaning, drink sufficient fluids so it doesn

• 2 weeks later...

Well as far as I can tell using a stent will get you hooked especially if you are sensitive to it. I found it hard to resist once you have a uncontrollable urge to feel what it is like to be incontinent. Using a stent is a rather easy fix to obtain that feeling yet very addictive.

54 minutes ago, John64 said:

Are stents safer than catheters when it comes to the risk for infections?

I would say yes stents are a lot safer for you do not create an open line to your bladder. I

26 minutes ago, John64 said:

Are there at all some firm that makes stents that one can buy "from the shelf" or is the only alternative to make them yourself?

There are some companies they make medical stents but they are not sold over the counter as far as I know. There is another company and they sell silicon sounds, you can order them on line. I

BFBS, Botox has been discussed, in fact one sole found a doc in a third world country willing to make the injections. From what I read the results were not as the used was looking for. I would stay with our stents, much