LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cloth diapers and Rash

I sleep in twill prefolds and a booster from Changing Times Diaper Co. every night.

Most nights I'm wet all night. I also use J&J cornstarch powder I cover with PUL panties.

With that combo for two years now I've never had a rash. Another thing that is to be

shaved down there. That will be a big help to keep you dry along with odor control.

Good luck in finding the right combination.

so after re-reading, (which wasn't too hard as it's not a near never ending thread, lol) i noticed you never said how often you wear your cloth diapers. if your skin isn't used to coming into contact with wetness then that might be your problem. disposables whisk that wetness away, and unless you wear pockets, all in ones or have fleece or some other fabric that whisks wetness away on the inside of your diaper, then its a skin issue which should clear up the more you wear cloth. just wash with mild soap and pat your diaper area dry before putting on a fresh diaper.

If you just bought these diapers, and are wearing them for the first time; they need to be washed first. This may be the problem you are having. Often the 'sizing' used during the manufacturing can be a bit stiff and will cause the diapers to be less absorbent. For a few, this can lead to a rash.

I just bought these several days ago, I did wash them 3 times in hot water and made sure to do a double rinse each time. Also placed them in the dryer for 60 minutes on hi each time between washings. Do I need to use some viniger in the rinse cycle?. Or should I just wash a few more times with little to no soap?

Thanks again for the replies and suggestions.

Edited by Three Rivers
  • 1 year later...

I wear cloth diapers and plastic panties all the time. Only time my diapers are off is when I'm either taking a shower or getting changed. I never had diaper rash as an adult but I always had it as a kid. My wife has good about washing my diapers and keeping them clean for me. Then my nephew came to visit he is in diapers full time and he has a bad rash. He also wears cloth diapers like me. But he is unaware that I'm in diapers. So while they visited it came time to do the laundry for diapers. So there wasn't enough diapers for full load to do my nephew's, so my wife put in some of my diapers that needed washing with his. So my diapers got washed with my nephews who has bad diaper rash. The next day when I needed a change two of those diapers that will wash with his will put on me. After being in those diapers for a few hours, I was wet and messy. I wasn't complaining so I was wearing them for a while after they were wet and messed in. About an hour after I was wearing the messy diaper I noticed my bottom was beginning to itch. I squirmed around a lot thinking I was just itching. But when it was time for me to get my diapers changed my wife noticed my bottom had some red blotches, my buttcrack was red, and all around my genitals was all red and irritated. So now I have diaper rash. I never expected getting one. My wife put diaper rash cream on me that's all good and it relieve the itch. After two days my wife washed more of my diapers with my nephews. Never thinking that his diapers we're giving me the bacteria or germs from his rash. Now it's in all my diapers. I went to the doctor about a month later because my rash never really cleared up. He gave us a prescription appointment to help with the diaper rash. It's now been over a year and a half and I still have my diaper rash. It has never really cleared up it just kind of hangs around. My nephew is now out of diapers. I will never be. My diaper rash seems to be with me all the time. The thing is I don't even mind having it anymore. The best part is getting diaper rash cream rubbed all over my diaper area. I never complain.

• 2 weeks later...

@ Waynes: that sounds a lot like a yeast infection. maybe you should sterilize your diapers somehow.

• 3 months later...

Although I wasn't wearing cloth, I believe I was getting a stinging skin irritation from my disposable after wearing for 12 hours and several wettings. From now on I'm going to make more use of diaper cream.

• 1 month later...

Thad your right. My wife has tried everything. I still have my rash. And she even bought me new cloth diapers for Christmas. Those were washed with my other diapers and I believe the rash is in those diapers too. The only time I don't itch is when I have a load in my diaper. So I do my best to keep wearing it for a long time. I know this may sound crazy but I actually like having the rash. As long as it doesn't get any worse I plan on keeping it. I like the fact that my diapers gave me a rash. So I will continue to have diaper rash and enjoy it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2018 at 7:01 AM, Waynes said:

Thad your right. My wife has tried everything. I still have my rash. And she even bought me new cloth diapers for Christmas. Those were washed with my other diapers and I believe the rash is in those diapers too. The only time I don't itch is when I have a load in my diaper. So I do my best to keep wearing it for a long time. I know this may sound crazy but I actually like having the rash. As long as it doesn't get any worse I plan on keeping it. I like the fact that my diapers gave me a rash. So I will continue to have diaper rash and enjoy it.

yes, that's crazy also very bad for your skin no matter if your wearing rash cream as it could easily spread even if you don't visibly see it happening.

please, don't keep it. it's dangerous regardless of your enjoyment as it can spread to other clothes and affect your wife. so please seek help for your infection.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Thad. I know it's crazy I've got diaper rash. But I have it! I know it's not completely healthy to have. I have red blotches on my bottom in between the butt crack and all over parts of my privates. It constantly reminds me that I'm in diapers. I love wearing my diapers and having a rash that goes with it. It doesn't seem to be getting any worse but it never goes away. My Wife puts on the rash cream at every change. The rash cream seems to keep it under control. I have gotten used to having a diaper rash. My wife and I plan on me keeping the rash. I like the fact I know I've got one and my diapers gave it to me. My wife and I plan on me keeping it permanently. I never thought I would say that but I do love it. It doesn't go away as long as I keep wetting and messing my diaper. I am completely incontinent and need my diapers. Thanks for the input on my diaper rash, but my rash and diapers are there to stay.