LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What makes you want to regress?

dlsafrica

I need to start this with a disclaimer I think, because I tend to get shouted at for saying anything sometimes.

Is there anything that specifically makes you want to regress at times?

For me, there are two. One is when life throws up challenges and I don't know how to cope; and the other is more situation specific. A few weeks ago, I was acting in a very, could we say, un-adult way. And I thought that I was behaving literally like a two year old at the time (and if life begins at forty, then at 41 and 3 months it might actually be all right).

Stress is pretty high up there on my list of things that make me do it. Certain situations do it as well, like if a specific show's on and some of my closer friends know how to make me do it so occasionally push me into it (in a kind way)
Like people call me princess, baby girl and that kinda puts me back into it.
Toys! Toys and big fuzzy things make me do it as well, I have to say though I never actually try to regress things just push me into doing it.

Good ? For I normal can regress not even trying to for I think doing Art works trigger it, but with out regression my works would be bland and sterile which not good for the arts, well still got think of a reason for have no rhythm too

DOES TYPING IN ALL CAPS COUNT AS SHOUTING?

I used to regress more when ever my stress got high as well. I'd say that's going to be quite common since regressing is a proven way for us to destress. I don't really do that any more though since I've fairly well integrated my adult and baby sides together. Now its like I'm constantly destressing.

Hmmm...for me it could be any of several issues: I remember a very pleasant childhood where I was much-loved and well taken care of. That part ended way too soon. Although I don't specifically remember having my diapers changed, there must be some subliminal memory of it. I do remember pleasant times being put to bed, so putting on a cloth diaper, waterproof pants and a blanket sleeper make me feel really comfortable. Then there's the issue of escaping adult life's demands and imagining being a carefree three-year-old again--diapers included. And third is the fact that I always dreamed of adopting a baby girl (a real one; not role play). I was told that I didn't make enough money to do an adoption and that the cutoff point for adopting an infant is age 42. So I guess taking care of baby girl me sort of makes up for it. I did take care of a foster daughter part-time for 12 years, and after surviving the "terrible teens," I decided maybe I don't want to raise a child. (I had her on weekends from age 6 until she went away to college at 18).

For me it's the fact that due to bullying and my empathy and my stress issues and my anger issues I had to grow up much faster than I should have. I had it tough because of these issues from the time I was 12 to the time I was 15 I was swapping schools like crazy. So I never really had a nice childhood and I just want to be loved and held in that way that just makes me safe.

On 11/29/2015, 10:29:42, dlsafrica said:

DEPENDS ON THE SITUATION... by shouting I meant the tone or attitude that one can often sense in posts

Well then you just need to quit reading into things that are just not there- it is unprofessional, illogical,

Stress and anxiety can certainly lead to regression but it can also be triggered by safety. My baby finds regression easy when he knows we are alone. Most nights he sleeps in baby attire and regresses safely to sleep and it has revolutionised his sleep patters.

On 12/2/2015 at 8:21 PM, BabyWendyMarie said:
On 12/4/2015 at 7:01 AM, BabyWendyMarie said:

I'm interested in knowing what exactly it is you mean by "revolutionised his sleep patterns.....

Among things, stress its self will interrupt normal sleep patterns. Get rid of the stress, and you will sleep better, which in turns enforces your desire to have less stress. If regressing gets rid of a persons stress when they are awake, then the benefits of that sleep with eventually become apparent as well. Once you begin to sleep more normally then your body actually becomes used to this more normalized cycle and reinforces it even more to the point of revolutionizing it.

On 12/4/2015 at 7:10 PM, rosalie.bent said:

Stress and anxiety can certainly lead to regression but it can also be triggered by safety. My baby finds regression easy when he knows we are alone. Most nights he sleeps in baby attire and regresses safely to sleep and it has revolutionised his sleep patters.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I do it a lot at night, after I'm finished with classes, homework, etc. It is for me almost what meditation is for others. The more stressed I am, the more I crave an opportunity to slip back into the safety of little space. I also want to regress when my "introvert batteries" are running dry from too much social interaction.

It does sometimes trigger seemingly randomly, though. Some days I'll just wake up and go "well, I'm wearing a diaper to class today, better find my sweats." I also sometimes let little things take over instead of fully regressing, like taking a break when I'm really anxious to just watch some Powerpuff Girls and drink a bit of Pedialyte. It's basically therapy.

• 1 month later...

Nothing really "triggers" it. Somr things just make it seem like a decent option. Stress is a biggie. I never seemed to be stressed while coloring or watching cartoons. Good wind down after a long day.

Stress, absolutely!

When I have an extremely bad day or shine holiday or another is right around the corner, I have a habit of diapering up right after work and wearing diapers until the next morning, with a warm bottle of milk before bed and my pacifier most of the afternoon.

Although sometimes I just wake up in that side of the bed and refuse to acknowledge adulthood.

Well since I use diapers to help with my depression as a reward in the form of positive reinforcement nothing really trigger's it, but I would have to say if anything would it would be stress, sadness, and when I am tired.