LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bedwetting odors and partners

Hookedondiapers

I know some nappies are better than others at masking the smell. My wife lets me know if I smell strongly of urine. She has admitted I do smell most of the time from my incontinence but says she has got used to it and only mentions it when the smell is really bed.

I second the nullo. From my experience what causes mine to smell is not drinking enough water. The less water in your system the more concentrated the urine will be. I am incontinent and from day one I almost unconsciously cut back on my water intake. Drink less and change less, less chances of leaking as well. Unfortunately when you do that your urine will smell and is more caustic leading to greater chances of rashes and skin issues. I still have to pretty much force myself to drink what I am supposed to.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, dmavn said:

I second the nullo. From my experience what causes mine to smell is not drinking enough water. The less water in your system the more concentrated the urine will be. I am incontinent and from day one I almost unconsciously cut back on my water intake. Drink less and change less, less chances of leaking as well. Unfortunately when you do that your urine will smell and is more caustic leading to greater chances of rashes and skin issues. I still have to pretty much force myself to drink what I am supposed to.

And i bet more people maybe notes that you wear diaper if they can smell the wet diaper.

My wife is so tolerant of my incontinence and doesn't get annoyed with me. I woke up in the middle of the night as my nappy was completely soaked and starting to leak. I changed my nappy and went back to bed which was a bit wet but as it was warm I soon fell asleep. This morning my wife just quietly said can you change the sheet this morning and that was it. I asked her how she knew. She just replied. "I felt your side of the bed was wet while tou were changing but thought if he isn't bothered why get up and change the bed"

Just drink more water. There will be more pee overall, but it will smell a lot less. A good indication you aren't hydrated enough is when your pee is yellow or especially a dark yellow. You pee should be nearly clear or with a slight yellow tint at the most.

Aside from more water, maybe use baby powder?

I don't personally use that but if odor is a concern then I would opt for either baby powder or perhaps a plastic pant (which I've never used FYI) to help mask the odor. Unfortunately I've noticed smell problems in the morning as well but I don't have to deal with sleeping with a wife. I don't think a specific diaper brand will help with masking the odor so not sure if I can help there. Which brand are you using currently?

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...