LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Stop Defining Others

I totally gasped at that because it was real live footage and not fake. I couldn't imagine witnessing something like that in person. That must have been pretty scary.

On 12/1/2015, 10:07:38, Dirty Diaper/Maxipad Lover said:

This is another reason why I generally prefer to avoid the term in most other discussions as well. It seems to just drive a wedge between community members and its use inevitably distracts from the point at hand as we argue over what it means instead of over the point being made. (I'm using "argue" in the debate sense, no the "fight" one here.) I usually use interest or fascination and even "hobby" to describe my non-sexual interest in diapers and "kink" to describe the sexual interest. This helps clear up any ambiguity and if someone insists that I cannot be right about my interest in diapers, I'd refer them to the first post in this thread. The problem with "fetish" is that it's not just a loaded word, but that its easy to misinterpret what someone is saying depending on the definition applied to it by the reader. This is why I try to avoid it, just like I try to avoid other terms that are easy to misinterpret or misconstrue accidentally.

Oh, I love the term MAG. It's from NASA, ergo its inherently "futurey," space age, and makes diapers sound like they should supercede toilets by its aforementioned virtues. I snicker at GoodNites and other products that use the term "Night Time Underwear," (because you know, they just don't work in the day, :P) even though I know why they do it. I usually reserve "padding" for menstrual products, but understand its use here as well, but diaper or MAG are my favorite terms to describe the same item. While it's probably too ambiguous of a term to describe a diaper, I actually think "liner" would be a more accurate description of what a disposable diaper is, in that it lines your nether regions to soak up their excretions.

However, if everyone used words correctly with their actual meaning and didnt try and redefine them, then there would be no problem at all. You identified the problem perfectly when you referred to the 'definition applied to it by the reader'. The purpose of having consistent definitions of words is so that the reader doesn't NEED to define the word. It is already done. In fact, they don't even have the right to redefine it. "Fetish" has a meaning. If we want to qualify it in discussion we can use the term non-sexual fetish or even sexual fetish.

On 12/4/2015 at 6:46 AM, Bettypooh said:

Without labels, boxes, and words we would all have a really tough time ordering diapers :P

Bettypooh

Ha, I love this. Yes I'd like to order those things (you know what I mean) for my non-sexual fetish. What's that, they don't come in boxes, well then send me a loose trunk full of them. Yeah, a whole lot of those "things" sent right to my address. Where's that? Sorry, I my house doesn't have an address since that would considered a label too. Hey, it's not my problem I don't like using labels, everyone else just needs to adjust to my views that's all. Hello, they hung up.....

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

This is an old topic, but I do find it relevant. Because I often get the questions about why I'm on this site if I don't wear diapers or why I'm on this site if it's not anything sexual for me. And you put it so spot on Mikey.

I want to add something to the mission here, because it's not just the uninvited labels that destroy communities like this.

ABDL forums are also full of people who say "your fetish or lifestyle is not blah blah," or "your problems arent nearly as bad as blah blah," or "Stop making the community look bad," or any other asinine comment that tries to morally guide or define who somebody is or is not, and critiques people for whatever they choose to do.

• Like 1