LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Daytime Protection

Firstly I'd like to start off by saying this post isn't a question looking for answers or an effort to solicit sympathy, it's just a way for me to put my thoughts down on how I feel and why. I'm posting this here, even though I could have posted it in the Incontinence forum because my being trans affects this issue so I thought it would be better here.

Right now my life is being driven by conflicting priorities. As a diaper lover I enjoy being diapered and using them for their intended purpose. I'm also diagnosed with an overactive bladder and urge incontinence and had been on Detrol in the past but I stopped filling the prescriptions. I like being able to choose when I wear diapers and use them when I want to rather than when I need to. Another conflict I have with having to wear protection all the time is that I'm a reasonably frugal individual. Full time diapers are expensive compared to part time diapers. I have always been of the opinion that my continence my entire life has been a very thin thread and if I were to wear all the time I'm fairly sure I'd be completely dependent in a very short time and I don't really want that. (I can hear the crying from the incontinence desires forum from here).

I have up to this point dealt with daytime issues by wearing a pair of panties with a cotton crotch with an elastic pair of briefs also with a cotton crotch over them which is two layers of cotton one layer of nylon and one layer of elastic fabric. This also helps because I'm still carrying the original equipment tucked up between my cheeks. Even with it pinched off like that I still get leaks but they are usually small enough that any wet spot on my jeans is small and down between my legs. Lately this has been a little bigger and twice this past week I actually was worried it might be noticeable. The last time I was waiting for a propane cylinder swap at Walmart so I was completely captive. I had already paid for the refill and went to my truck and got the empty but I had to stand there forever waiting for someone to come out with a key to the cage. I had to go and was straining to hold it but I could feel the pressure let up and that's never good. The person that came out with the key tried every one on the ring and none fit. She now had to go back into the store and find the right key. Someone new finally came out and opened the cage and traded the cylinders out and I headed for home. When I got in the truck I could see the crotch of my jeans was noticeable and I really don't care except I don't want to keep ending up in situations like this.

I decided that my wetting accidents were beginning to cause more pain than the expense of doing something about it so I started down the path of what that something will be. I tried using poise pads before but with everything between my legs as it is a pad is painful in the amount of pressure it exerts so I just can't use that option. I really want to minimize my cost and the bulk during the day (I want to at least LOOK like a big girl at work) so pullups and disposable training pants aren't a preferred option for me either. I found a possible solution at Northshore Care's website. I bought one pair of washable women's panties with a waterproof crotch and I'm going to give them a trial run. If they work I'll start buying a pair whenever I have the money and gradually that will be the only underwear I wear until they don't work any longer. At that point I'll probably be in the proper frame of mind to just concede defeat and wear diapers, at least my little side will be deliriously happy. I also ordered a bag of the Northshore Supremes plastic backed diapers to try them out too. I'll post an update on whether my plan works or goes down in flames. Until then.

Hugs,

Freta

Thank you so much for the link, there's a great selection of women's panties very similar to what I bought. The price is actually less at the site you sent me too. The panties I bought were $ 20 per pair hence my purchase of one pair to make sure they work and if they do spreading buying more over time. Again I'd like to say thanks, this was helpful.

Thanks jennywetsagain & midwestbabygirl. I just checked tracking and my order is out for delivery today so I will be wearing them to work tommorow.

ive set a very low bar for success. My goal is not to extend my time between bathroom breaks but to keep my leaks from showing on my jeans. I go to the bathroom so often that my boss is aware and sometimes when I get back from a delivery and there is another one for me to take he'll ask me if I want to use the bathroom before I go back out.

Well, FedEx delivered my order from Northshorecare yesterday. I opened up the package with the new panties and the quality looks very good. They are feminine and very comfortable. The description says they will hold 4 oz. and the cotton crotch has a few layers so they should be a big improvement over what I was wearing. I'm very hopeful that these will work and I'm fairly sure that I'll know by the end of the day.

hugs,

freta

Well it's been a week and these panties are working very well. Today is the first work day I've worn regular panties as I didn't have time to wash my new ones last night. I can definitely feel a difference because I worry more without the security of knowing I have some safety net under me or in this case between my legs. Obviously I can't continue with only one pair of panties to go six workdays most weeks so I just ordered a 3 pack of panties from Wearever Incontinence a big Thank You to Warpiper for the link he provided above. My 3 pair with the free shipping was almost the same price as the 1 pair that I bought last week. If the size is right, I ordered med. rather than the large I have, I'll order another 6 pair in a couple weeks.