LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

LG's Taking Dolly(ies) to Bed

LG's: Take Dolly(ies) to Bed?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. For LG's Do you Take Dolly or Dollies to bed with you? (presuming you can)

• Yes
    • No

I have noticed something. There does not seem to be a general understanding of what "Dolly" means. Dolly is derived from doll, which is basically an anthropomorphic item that has a reasonable resemblance to a human form such that it can be identified as human. Now how does that relate to bears and stuffed animals? Dolls are gender-specific enough to be mostly identified with girls, which is why it is in this forum. Identifying doll-like figures that boys use as dolls have not gone over well with the general public. And "boy dolls" only go over as almost accessories for girl dolls or as collectibles for gronw-ups as part of a narrative centered on a girl doll, for the most part. Bears and the like are more identified with babies and toddlers than persons starting to acquire a gender self-image: 3-1/2 to just turning 6. So, if I am LG then a doll is more like me in species appearance; gross and fine detail, expression, etc, and gender appearance clothes, hearstyle, etc than a non-human form

I highly doubt that most people here don't understand what a doll is. I think what's happening here is more that people just like to be a part of the conversation, whether what they have to say is, in the OP's opinion, relevant to the discussion or not. It's not so much "My dolly is a stuffed bear," as it is "No, I don't sleep with a doll. I sleep with a teddy bear instead." Check out pretty much any discussion on the forums and you'll notice the same thing happens more often than not.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

i've had plushie animals on my bed for as long as I remember.....I typically have one i carry around most of the time (which one, trades out day to day, so they each get turns)....there's always 3 or 4 on my bed at bedtime with me...i've never actually owned a "doll"...just plushies....

• 4 months later...
On 8/16/2016 at 4:47 PM, justagirl4fun said:

I highly doubt that most people here don't understand what a doll is. I think what's happening here is more that people just like to be a part of the conversation, whether what they have to say is, in the OP's opinion, relevant to the discussion or not. It's not so much "My dolly is a stuffed bear," as it is "No, I don't sleep with a doll. I sleep with a teddy bear instead." Check out pretty much any discussion on the forums and you'll notice the same thing happens more often than not.

• 1 year later...