LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do incontinance supply stores exist any more? (Brick and mortar)

Or more in general even regular medical supply stores seem to be disappearing. Here on the island were I live we used to have a smaller medical supply store were I used to pick up emergency supplies when I forgot to pack my diaper bag etc. Walgreens moved in to the area and they couldn't compete even though a majority of what they sold no one else in the area carries. Abenas, molicares, cloth diapers and pants as well as durable equipment etc. the way things are it feels like there are only maybe 1 or 2 companies in the whole state. Guess perhaps I am the odd person that would actually prefer to go to a place to purchase vs. doing male order all the time?

there's one a few miles from my house. it's a small mom-and-pop style medical supply store. kinda neat place. they only had tena brand last i went there a few years ago. but they also sell mobility stuff (chairs, canes, walkers, etc), hospital bandages, comodes, clothes, mastectomy supplies (their sign says they do!), certain prostheses,

Diaper guy you must live down around Tom's River that area is loaded with retirement communities.

Strangely I live almost dead center between 2 stores, one I get my mobility equipment from but I get diapers from neither of them because they don't have any brands I like,so I get mine shipped in from

Despite the fact that this place has seen a huge influx of "active senior citizen" communities, its sole medical supply store shuddered its doors many years ago, and nobody seems interested in filling the space its left. The answer is always "buy online," or even "the doctor will order it and you can pick up from us," for people who don't want to/can't buy online. While it's terrible for anyone who needs something not sold at a chain pharmacy, it probably goes unnoticed by everyone else, since in addition to the medical supply store closing, you can't spit around here without hitting a chain pharmacy.

there are only a few medical supply stores around me

but their incontinence supplies are mostly the prevail brand and they carry other things like wheel chairs, cpap machine and other specialty medical equipment

Haven't really checked, but in the last few years most of the Medical Supply Houses here have closed as well as most of the "Mom and Pop" pharmacies which used to be commonplace. Just the way business is in the 21st Century where darn near anyone can find and quickly receive whatever they want online :whistling:

Bettypooh

Diaper guy you must live down around Tom's River that area is loaded with retirement communities.

Strangely I live almost dead center between 2 stores, one I get my mobility equipment from but I get diapers from neither of them because they don't have any brands I like,so I get mine shipped in from

Most of the regular medical supply stores now sell just the cheap junk like depends.

Why because they make more money on something you have to change 6 times a day.

Even searching the internet will just send you to sites that just sell the cheap junk.

• 2 weeks later...

We actually have quite a few medical supply shops in our area as well as quite a few independent pharmacies. A lot of small business in general in my area. Problem is we have yet to find any store that carries anything other than McKesson, Prevail, Tena (US), and Per-Fit. A small number of them carry Tranquility but neither of us like them so that's not really too useful.

We also have a Medline warehouse that's like five minutes from where we live

We actually have quite a few medical supply shops in our area as well as quite a few independent pharmacies. A lot of small business in general in my area. Problem is we have yet to find any store that carries anything other than McKesson, Prevail, Tena (US), and Per-Fit. A small number of them carry Tranquility but neither of us like them so that's not really too useful.

We also have a Medline warehouse that's like five minutes from where we live

There are two basic business mind-sets; one is to do that which is profitable regardless, and the other is to do only that which you want to do or are comfortable with doing. Given enough profit potential, the latter will sometimes bend to your wishes and the former will be easily convinced to go out of the way to order for you to get that profit ;) As long as you are up to it, it never hurts to ask management to begin stocking what you want :) The worst they can do is say "No thanks" and wonder about why you'd ask. They'll still be happy to take your money for whatever stock they do carry!

Bettypooh

Ah yeah, they often have Dignity as well. I can never remember all of those, what I assume are, hospital brands. It's a bummer. We don't mind ordering online but it would be nice to have some options to buy in person.

Still nothing good today, mostly Asorbs (which I know nothing about).

Neighborhood pharmacies have been struggling against the chains and the supermarkets since the 1970s, when I worked in one, and the pharmacist told me the grocery store could sell supplies like paper towels for less than he could possibly purchase them for!