LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wondering if diapers is causing my bedwetting

storm

Its vary unlikely your use of diapers made you start bedwetting, whats more likely is your change in environment things as simple as a hevy blanket for some can make them bed wetting, Ive worn a diaper to bed for YEARS and only wake up wet 1-2 times every few weeks, and i find im less likely to wake up wet in a diaper then with out one oddly.

Id first talk with a doctor to make shire its nothing important (and it can be) and then if its not then you can ether try the drugs (most make your body produce less pee at night) or alarms or just enjoy your diaper.

My advice would be similar to what everyone else has said. Since you began bedwetting with no prior warning signs, you should see your urologist immediately. There are way too many variables, (some serious, some not that severe) that could be causing this, so it's best to have it examined as quickly as possible. Wearing diapers seldom causes DLs to lose continence, and it's my understanding that you would have to do this 24/7 for a few years before it would even have the chance of becoming an issue.

You did mention being in your second home while your master bedroom was being redone. Did this cause an increase in your stress levels, and have they been increasing or stayed relatively high since you began wetting? I'm asking because an increase in stress can cause an adult to wet the bed, and to even do so frequently. If the urologist finds nothing, a neurologist will likely be able to determine if you're suffering from the kind of increased stress and/or anxiety that could cause this. However, as has already been pointed out, it could be something more severe like cancer, so definitely have things checked out.

I'll also echo what others have said about Sleep Apnea. My girlfriend is incredibly thin, (she always has been,) and while it's not longer an issue for her, she suffered from Sleep Apnea as a baby, to the point where her mother would sleep in the same room with her until around the time she turned five, because she was afraid that my girlfriend would stop breathing in the middle of the night. While you might just be wetting from increased stress levels, it could be something more severe, and that should definitely be looked into.

For some reason, the urinary profession don't like full-blown nappies, however, an absorbant waterproof backed pad, often held in place with elasticated net pants, seems to be OK.

Secondary enurisis is relatively uncommon and is generally considered to have a cause.

A young GP will probably not have much experience of the problem, but will feel obliged to find out why it is happenning.

Urinary tract infections are a recognised cause of secondary bedwetting.

I totally agree to get a medical check-out on this. But I see a different perspective too ;)

You could have a sub-conscious desire to be a bedwetter, and wearing to bed enables it to overcome any conscious aversions you have to that. If the medical side can't find anything wrong this is something to consider after that (but only then). I spent (wasted actually) half my life fighting my real self and my true desires with conscious objections until I figured out that I am who and what I am and that it's better to accept me wherever I could. There are still some things which I restrain but life is a LOT better now that I've quit trying to fight myself. And in the few things where I still fight, I've learned not to enable them or they will gain ground on my efforts to resist.

So get to the Doctors, let them see what they can find, and take it from there as you will. Always a Doctor as the first step because dead people don't have much fun!

Bettypooh

• Like 1

So, to follow up, I just got back from my urologist and the good news is I don't appear to have cancer or even an enlarged prostate. He said I've developed OAB that has gotten to the point where because I'm a very deep sleeper my bladder is triggering to release now before it's fullness tells my body to wake up. Gave me a scrip for Ditropan. From research online, it looks like most OAB drugs have effectiveness that is pretty dubious, with side effects that largely suck. Well, at least it's not cancer ;-)

Thanks again for the advice and support.

So, to follow up, I just got back from my urologist and the good news is I don't appear to have cancer or even an enlarged prostate. He said I've developed OAB that has gotten to the point where because I'm a very deep sleeper my bladder is triggering to release now before it's fullness tells my body to wake up. Gave me a scrip for Ditropan. From research online, it looks like most OAB drugs have effectiveness that is pretty dubious, with side effects that largely suck. Well, at least it's not cancer ;-)

Thanks again for the advice and support.

Oxybutynin - the active component of Ditropan:

most common side effect is a dry mouth / dry eyes....

Some people get dizzy / blurred vision, but honestly that is utterly rare.

• Like 1

Well it really sounds like you don't have anything to worry about then. Liking diapers in its self wont make you incontinent. Now wearing and using diapers a lot, and possibly the subconscious desire to be incontinent, could be playing a part in it. That's hard to say for

The continence nurse I see warned me if I started wearing nappies or pads all the time I would soon loose what control I had left and advised me against it. Then she said that was the official line and she was duty bound to tell me this but privately agreed I must do what was nest for me and providing I accepted the inevitable complete loss of bladder control she was fine with it and my medical note have now been

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...