LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Adult Baby Diapers
cathdiap

What kind of incontinence would you prefer?

What kind of incontinence would you prefer?   127 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of (painless) incontinence would you prefer?

• Dribbling all the time
    • Small amounts every ten minutes
    • Larger amounts every hour
    • Full bladder every three to four hours

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

36 posts in this topic

What sort of incontinence would you prefer to have? Since I know what it is like to be incontinent as mentioned in the first two options I would choose the fourth option. I am curious what it would feel like to find yourself suddenly emptying a full bladder and at the sametime desperately hoping your diaper will hold it. Total incontinence like I have is much more predictable and easier for a diaper to deal with.

Frankly I don’t mind.

The stent I use allows me to experience all four options.

Especially if I sit down for a long period of time my bladder fills up nicely.

Under these circumstance when I have to leave my desk for example my bladder will drain uncontrollably and flood my diaper and that is nice to experience.

Under normal circumstances you’ll dribble until your diaper is full which is also very nice to feel happening and not being able to do anything about it.

So all of the above but that isn’t an option.

dripling all the time, never having a full bladder anymore. After more than two years of actively trying to become incontinent, I must admit feeling a semi full bladder is not comfortable for me anymore - therefore I would love to having no control whatsoever but just dripple...

I chose dribbling all the time.  With my stent that's what I experience most of the time.  I like the helpless and constant lack of control, the fact that sometimes I sense what's happening and sometimes I don't and, like inconito, the fact that I never have the feeling of needing to go because my bladder is filling up ...

I'd do dribbling all the time. I feel like that way it'd be harder to gauge how full your diaper is without actually looking at it. You wouldn't be able to quantify how many times you've wet, which could otherwise be used to know when you need to change. I would want to have to do periodic diaper checks.

I went with the dribbling all the time.

Only reason why is that is what I am used to when using a modified catheter....

I've had the full bladder incontinence for a long while now. Let me tell you it is NOT fun getting an urge and realizing your bladder is about to empty in a matter of seconds. Those urges are well... urgent. They can get quite painful if you try and delay them as well. No thanks, I am working with a urologist to eliminate my urges for good and produce a constant dribble instead. I already know from catheterization that if I can really achieve this, then it will be a HUGE improvement to my quality of life.

@ Baby Brian I know what problems you have had with urge incontinence. That's why I added the word painless to my question for this poll. It was not urge incontinence I had in mind with the fourth option. 

i think there should be a 5th option, bedwetting, which i would prefer just to have some consistency, that problem popping up once in a while bugs me, i dont mind having a problem with bedwetting if it would be more frequent, if something is going to be a problem i would want it to be more consistant, i dont know how to say exactly what im trying to say, if something is going to be an issue, then be an issue, something to expect and something to justify the costs of controlling, does this make sense? i dont know if what im trying to say is getting across

mabey its best to say i,m going for untrained  verses inconditent

true bedwetter  and limited control during the day  axa i can hold it im thinking about it. but would wet my self if im not thinking about it

@ Baby Brian I know what problems you have had with urge incontinence. That's why I added the word painless to my question for this poll. It was not urge incontinence I had in mind with the fourth option. 

That makes a big difference then. Having a full bladder suddenly empty because of pain or urges sucks. I do know some people also have a type of overflow incontinence. Once their bladder Is full it just automatically starts emptying. It sounds like that is what you're meaning right.

Man, at this point I'm inclined to believe even that would be better than the urges and blockages I've got. Of course, overflow incontinence isn't so great either. It stretches your bladder too thin, and can often back up urine into your kidneys. Lots of problems there so I think I'll stick with the neither of those two that I'm trying for.

It would be nice if you could pick your problems though, wouldn't it.

Considering I have issues that are suspiciously similar to urge incontinence when it gets cold, I'd much prefer to just dribble all the time.

I know it's not easy on diapers, but I'd prefer a nice flood every so often. Basically, there's a story called "Getting Fixed" which describes my perfect stent - one which can be remote controlled or which automatically empties (completely) once a preset capacity is reached. I think, in time, it would get uncomfortable in reality though.

Bittergrey's concept of "precontinence" is what I'm looking for. The bladder would still fill to some extent, then rather than sending the urgency signal it would simply contract and empty. I would prefer to be surprised by the feeling, but to notice it most of the time.

mabey its best to say i,m going for untrained  verses inconditent

true bedwetter  and limited control during the day  axa i can hold it im thinking about it. but would wet my self if im not thinking about it

Bedwetting.

It leaves you free to get on with the rest of your life.

Bed wetting sounds like the best compared to all the rest. But I wouldnt mind small leaks very often. 

I usually remind myself to relax every 10-15 minutes which results in a small wetting.  The biggest downside to constant dribbling is that you would have pretty much no time to get dressed after a shower or change. With small amounts every so often at least you know after a wetting that you have some time to change, dry off from showering, etc.

I'm already a bedwetter (I've awakened wet six days in the past week), so I'd have to say emptying small amounts every ten minutes. One, my pathetically inadequate med-supply diapers might be better able to handle the flow (and therefore, leak less). Two, I'd feel more justified in calling myself "incontinent"--there's always that nagging question in the back of my mind: "Am I really incontinent, or just convinced myself I am so I could wear diapers?"  Going every ten minutes would remove all doubt.

There's one option I'd choose not listed here--bowel as well as urine. Yes, I've said I hate the mess, but if I were bowel incontinent, I'd poop a little bit once or twice a day, as opposed to releasing a huge amount of poop every other day or so, as as I'm doing now. Smaller amounts would be easier to clean and dispose of.

Yeah, bowel and bladder for sure. If I could be completely incontinent, it wouldn't be complete without bowel incontinence as well. 

On 10/30/2015, 8:21:18, Diaperedboi90 said:

I usually remind myself to relax every 10-15 minutes which results in a small wetting.  The biggest downside to constant dribbling is that you would have pretty much no time to get dressed after a shower or change. With small amounts every so often at least you know after a wetting that you have some time to change, dry off from showering, etc.

Precisely--it takes me a while to change if I'm doing it unassisted, and I'd rather not be dribbling all over while trying to get a clean diaper on. That's why I chose "small amounts every ten minutes."

I'd prefer the dribble as well. Right now mine is more of a Sudden urge to go, hence why I don't mind wearing 24/7, 9/10 times I'm nowhere near a bathroom, If i'm not wearing a diaper at the time that goes beyond inconvenient. After a genuine accident (poop) a few weeks ago (And wasn't wearing a diaper at the time) I am now 24/7, just in case, no more purges.

On 11/20/2015, 11:05:45, Nyte Kitsune said:

I'd prefer the dribble as well. Right now mine is more of a Sudden urge to go, hence why I don't mind wearing 24/7, 9/10 times I'm nowhere near a bathroom, If i'm not wearing a diaper at the time that goes beyond inconvenient. After a genuine accident (poop) a few weeks ago (And wasn't wearing a diaper at the time) I am now 24/7, just in case, no more purges.

Mwaaa, haaa, haaa. Welcome to the dark side of incontinence.....

On 11/09/2015 at 8:22 AM, cathdiap said:

What sort of incontinence would you prefer to have? Since I know what it is like to be incontinent as mentioned in the first two options I would choose the fourth option. I am curious what it would feel like to find yourself suddenly emptying a full bladder and at the sametime desperately hoping your diaper will hold it. Total incontinence like I have is much more predictable and easier for a diaper to deal with.

The wet kind.

Well leaking every ten minutes by most urologists standard would get you a bag and condom cath if you are male, females would be issued diapers and men leg bags, simply because to insurance companies it is far simpler to send you to PT for "repoty training" like they do after TURP ( Trans urethral resection of the prostate)and teaching you "timed voiding" and lengthier ability to hold rather than pay for a lifetime of crappie diapers unless you have both types of IC such as IC & functional IC ( functional IC is when either your bodies normal signal for "I have got to pee" is to short, or due to a physical limitation you can't access the toilet such as those of us in wheelchairs) or a combination of stuff with OAB, Prostate, Neurogenic bladder or Bowel, basicly a dual designation of IC & FIC means you are hopelessly devoted to diapers for life, a Neurogenic bladder is there term for bladder dysfunction caused by something else in your Neurological system is the root cause they believe but nailing down what it is, is any bodies guess ( such as one of the 40 known variety of muscular dystrophy, there are also several things they suspect as being a dystrophy but not enough research to prove it yet) and frequently Neurogenic bladder as well as Bowel results in both retention and flooding,those affected never completely empty as well as have very cloudy urine as well as frequent sediment in their urine from being retained in the bladder for long periods this frequently results in people both needing diapers and cathing multiple times a day ( I am up to 5 X s a day, the most I am aware of is eight times a day .*day* being 24 hours ) if you can't tell I have a mix of personal experience and educational training in many areas of medicine which has aggravated and alienated many a physician which has resulted in me both getting some really top of the line doctors and some really AWFUL ones. A large proportion of people with Bowel IC control a majority of leaking by doing morning enemas of tap water to empty as much as possible at once to limit the amount of volume of stool in their systems to have accidents with.

There are many more flavors of incontinence than 4 and no flavor being a choice one.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I definitely chose "dribbling" as to me that means being completely bladder incontinent. I have gotten myself to the point that I can easily make that little muscle relax and not attempt to close itself while peeing and wetting. That took a lot of mind training to say the least. I have used catheters to give me total feeling of incontinence and I quite like it. It is actually a better way for your diaper because it has time to absorb your pee in much better way because you are not flooding it in one wetting. I do drink plenty of liquids especially cranberry juice just to ward of any UTI attempts as I let my catheter run freely into my diaper. 

But I have been seeing posts concerning stents and for some silly reason I just cannot get it in my head how to do that. It just seems to escape me completely so I am still looking around for an easier way to learn about this.:drinks_wine:

I've been a dribbler for a long time but in recent months when my bladder is full I reach the point where I can't hold it. I start dribbling but once the sphincter releases I experience full wetting, which sometimes happens a handful of times a week if I don't take care to urinate frequently. I'm getting used to it and to wearing adequate protection.