LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Plastic pants over disposable diapers, necessary?

Is it necessary to wear plastic pants over disposable diapers if you are incontinent?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Is it necessary to wear plastic pants over disposable diapers if you are incontinent?

• Yes, always
    • Sometimes
    • No

Is insurance ncessary? Now about Malware protection

Never had an issue with a disposable leaking. I always wear Abena L4s or better. 24/7s, A+ and the like. Today I wore an L4 all night and most of the day not even close to leaking. I might need to up my water intake. Anyway never used a plastic underwear thing over a disposable. Just recently tried boosters. Not a big fan. L4s are awesome how they come. If they could solve the tape and stretch issue with the L4 air, they would be a good everyday diaper.

I always use plastic pants but then I always use cloth diapers so they 'kinda go together. On the rare occasions that I have to be out and about in a paper diaper then I will Always use terry or flannel lined plastic pants over it. Paper diapers always leak.

Never had an issue with a disposable leaking. I always wear Abena L4s or better. 24/7s, A+ and the like. Today I wore an L4 all night and most of the day not even close to leaking. I might need to up my water intake. Anyway never used a plastic underwear thing over a disposable. Just recently tried boosters. Not a big fan. L4s are awesome how they come. If they could solve the tape and stretch issue with the L4 air, they would be a good everyday diaper.

That may help but my argument is that the diaper should be able to stand on its own without the aid of support garments. I'm kind of picky that way. I mean why even have tapes if they're not going to hold. Off subject...why haven't any manufacturers made a pull up that's equivalent to the most absorbant tape-up diaper in their line?

My guess would be because pull-ups are intended for individuals with "light" incontinence (e.i.,

Edited by Craisler

That may help but my argument is that the diaper should be able to stand on its own without the aid of support garments. I'm kind of picky that way. I mean why even have tapes if they're not going to hold. Off subject...why haven't any manufacturers made a pull up that's equivalent to the most absorbant tape-up diaper in their line?

If a pull-up held as much as a tape-on diaper does, the elastic waistband would have to be a lot tighter to keep it from sliding down, which of course will happen when you least need it to. Plus there may be manufacturing issues in doing that (something I don't know much about). The idea of pull-ups is to emulate the wearing comfort of regular underwear so a tighter waistband wouldn't go with that design parameter anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe it is necessary to wear plastic pants over your disposable diaper because in my experience I have been let down by my diaper splitting which has resulted in a very embarrassing situation. I now where plastic pants over the top of my diaper because I can never trust my diapers all of the time they do split..

Like the others are saying, you first need to find a diaper that actually works for you and works reliably. If you absolutely need to use a diaper cover or other garments/boosters then you aren't using the right diaper. Yes, diapers are supposed to work on their own.

The reality is they don't always work 100 percent of the time. I've had times when I wet more than I realized and they leaked because of reaching

• 2 weeks later...

I often wear plastic pants over disposables. Not sure if it really helps.. but it does give me a bit more security. Any little thing to help remove anxiety is welcomed.

• 10 months later...

There have been a few times when I thought it would be OK to just wear the disposable diaper ( and I always wear a cotton brief over anyway), just to keep it in place. One a few of those occasions, when I did that, and peed heavily, there would be a leak around the leg, so I thought, "You have plenty of plastic pants, why didn't you wear a pair and this would not have happened. So, I advise, unless you are oounging around the house and it doesn't mean anything to you, go ahead and slip on the plastic pants just to be safe, regardless how good the diaper may be.

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

This is the way I have looked at it.  I usually wear store brand disposable diapers, both cloth backed and plastic backed.  They may last 3 hours, maybe a little more or less.  I often wear plastic pants over my disposables when out of town shopping for the day as I sometimes have no idea how wet I really am, and sometimes I have not been close to a place where I can change my diaper.  Plastic pants have saved my jeans many times while out of town Christmas shopping.  While I can't say they will always work in every situation depending on what diaper you are wearing, how soaked it is and what activity you are doing, it won't do you any harm or cause you any extra time or problems to wear them, so why not just go for it?  Better a little safer than to be sorry and go around in wet pants from a leaking diaper!

• Like 1