LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Server Update - Downtime?

DailyDi

You may have noticed that our sites are running slow, and script-based services such as the personals and megagallery are running REALLY slow. With more than a million hits a day and increasing script usage we have yet again exceeded the resources of our server. Tomorrow night we will be moving to a new - and much more powerful server - and Wednesday morning we will be redircting all sites to that new server.

There may be some periods of downtime during these changes, but we will do our best to keep them to a minimum. If you can not connect to the site, please try again a little later and hopefully things will be up and available for you again.

Thanks for making dailydiapers such a success that the server can't keep up :)

Guest tabooyou

You may have noticed that our sites are running slow, and script-based services such as the personals and megagallery are running REALLY slow. With more than a million hits a day and increasing script usage we have yet again exceeded the resources of our server. Tomorrow night we will be moving to a new - and much more powerful server - and Wednesday morning we will be redircting all sites to that new server.

There may be some periods of downtime during these changes, but we will do our best to keep them to a minimum. If you can not connect to the site, please try again a little later and hopefully things will be up and available for you again.

Thanks for making dailydiapers such a success that the server can't keep up :)

"Thank YOU!!"

Three Cheers For DD, he loves us, he really loves us.

p.s. Thnks for telling me as my Cable modem is down, and I'm on Dial-up for a day or two. Sorry for all you guys on Dial-up, but boy...now I remember why I hated dial-up. And it's the same price???? What gives?

Hiya DD,

I manage 4 web servers inna day job - what machines have you upgraded to - and what kinda monthly bandwidth does the site take? DO ya host media / images on a second server? :)

Interested !!

Cheers :)

DP

New Box:

Dual Xeon 2.8 GHZ

2GB Ram

2x120GB Hard Drives

2000 GB Bandwith (Currently use about 1100 a month)

RedHat Based

We do not host media on another server, can't afford to keep two

Thats a lot of bandwidth!!

Though I know its cheaper in the USA, theplanet offering 1000Gb a go, in the UK I'm lucky to have 120GB/month limits per server :P

(Thou on direct 100mbit connections, so its fast)

My machines are Dell poweredges, single Xeon 2.8Ghz, 1GB ram machines - running side by side.

Thanks for letting me know though - very interesting :)

DP

New Box:

Dual Xeon 2.8 GHZ

2GB Ram

2x120GB Hard Drives

2000 GB Bandwith (Currently use about 1100 a month)

RedHat Based

We do not host media on another server, can't afford to keep two

Yow... Are you doing anything to accelerate php content?

I seem to remember MMCache being a huge help in

both server load and page load time.

• 2 weeks later...