LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Rhumba Panties

Bettypooh

I figured this would be the best place to ask, so here goes :)

With my finances finally in the black enough, I want to fulfill one of my longest-waiting dreams and buy myself some Rhumba Panties :girl_happy: Not just any ones though; what I want it ruffles going all the way up the back (or nearly so) and unlined (just panties, not plastic inside). The problem I'm having is that everything I've found is more than I want to pay :( Yeah, I'm still a cheapskate at heart. Under $20 would be ideal, maybe a little more, but not close to $50 like I've seen so far. Store suggestions OK, direct links would be better for me. Non-Ebay nicest but I can go there if I have to.

Thanks!

I have two pair of satin ones that are part of babydolls, but they were made especially for me, they have 4 or 5 rows of lace that go all around the panty, while rhumba panties that I have seen do not cover the front.. These are very full-cut and fit over thick diapers and rubber panties. Even among the non-ABDL crowd they are called "sissy pants" or something like that, going back to the early 1960's by teenage girls, who fancied them. They are recommended for infants to be worn over diapers and rubber panties instead of the lined pair by baby care experts for two reasons: After the child is out of diapers, she can weer them by themselves and shell-and-liner panties are considered an inferior choice "If either the shell or liner tears, then the whole thing is useless"

Edited by Christine Daryleanne
errata

Where did you say you get them?

Malco Modes

https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&site=&source=hp&q=malco+modes&oq=malco+mod&gs_l=hp.1.0.0j0i20j0l8.6094.14832.0.18915.10.9.0.1.1.0.743.2118.0j6j1j1j6-1.9.0....0...1c.1.64.hp..1.9.1377.0.31oNS50Wn2Q

On Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1312.R1.TR11.TRC2.A0.H4.Xmalco.TRS1&_nkw=malco+modes&_sacat=0

If you want it done, get one of the girls. I did not see a Malco Modes page on Ebay. I have one of their dresses that I have had for 32 years

There is a difference between a crinnie and a petti, and many GG's do not know this. A petti gets its fullness from a few dozen yards of a light material layered on top of each other. A crinnie is one or two layers of a fairly stiff or self-supporting material. I prefer crinnies to pettis since petties tend to be "smothery" while crinnies are light and airy

additional material

Guess I should have been a little more specific. What I am looking for is full-cut brief style to be worn over my diapers :blush: And in the US or with cheap/free shipping to here if they are from elsewhere ;)

I've found lots of pretty ones like this, but they're not worth the prices being asked (at least to me). This is one area where Amazon disappoints, the selection there is tiny compared to Ebay. The Chinese mega-stores I've searched so far have nothing either :( Etsy tends toward the hand-made which being labor-intensive ain't cheap.

It's not like I'm being picky; colors, lace or not, how many rows of ruffles and whether they wrap around do not matter to me (well they do matter but not as much as a good price :P ). I'm just not going to spend the kind of money being asked for those I've found like that so far.

Edited by Bettypooh

Here is the one who made my panties when she was on Ebay

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PinkSatinSecrets

If you want them to fit over diapers, you may have to have them custom made like mine were (one is white satin with white lace, the other is ivory satin with pink lace and was part of a matched-set babydoll. It is in my gallery)

correction & addition

Not so much ABDL wear more for the square dance lover - check out this link:

http://www.purpledreams.ca/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&category_id=6&page=shop.browse&Itemid=53&limitstart=0&limit=50&vmcchk=1&Itemid=53

The visual effects are stunning !

At the bottom of my shopping page are some ebay sellers who may be able to help

http://sandralyn.net/buy.html

From what I see and understand, it appears to be the nature of "rhumba pants" to be lined with plastic and have 3 ruffles only in the back. I do not remember even hearing about them before late 1957 so they may be a subset of ruffled panties designed after something else and adapted for infant girls and given that name. You might just use as a search term "ruffled panties" but whether you will find something full cut with a full coverage of ruffles I do not know

correction

There are many on Ebay like I want, but the prices are outrageous to me. I will not support what I feel is a rip-off <_<

The "Purple Dreams" ones are quite nice and almost what I'm looking for but I would like the ruffles to go higher in back. I may end up getting them if I can't find anything I like better. I'm not terribly concerned about crotch width even with me wearing them over a diaper. My diaper is generally pulled up snugly there and not terribly wide, and I can wear the panties low enough for that to not be a problem. I can compromise there but I won't compromise on price. Yeah, I'm a cheapskate- so what? :P

Bettypooh

Bettypooh:

For that all over ruffled effect - they come and they go on ebay - even on the pettipants.

I had a pair of Red/White/Blue that had shown wear and need replacement/attention.

At that time Purple Dreams had what looked to be what I wanted but not enough ruffles.

I made an inquiry of Purple Dreams and they

Willnotwill, that's a possibility- I have a machine and I can sew a little. But working with thin lingerie nylon is quite a challenge. Too much stitch tension and it bunches up; too little and it falls apart :( There's very little room for error and my cheapish old machine may not handle this well, which is why I'd rather buy something well-made already B) My only real problem is the price- I ain't going to spend upwards of $40 for something like this and I haven't seen any cheaper ones which I liked yet.

Still searching, and thanks for all the input my friends ;)

Bettypooh