LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Interstim devices pros and cons ?

• 1 month later...

One of my 13 doctors wanted me to get the INTERSTIM. He told me I wouldn't be able to work during the trial period, and it appears as though I'd have to be out of work for 3-6 weeks after the surgery for the permanent one. I can't take 8 weeks off from work as nobody's paying me to sit at home.......OAB Meds did nothing but make me impotent and constipated with cotton mouth.......I'll stick to diapers and the Foley catheters........

One of my 13 doctors wanted me to get the INTERSTIM. He told me I wouldn't be able to work during the trial period, and it appears as though I'd have to be out of work for 3-6 weeks after the surgery for the permanent one. I can't take 8 weeks off from work as nobody's paying me to sit at home.......OAB Meds did nothing but make me impotent and constipated with cotton mouth.......I'll stick to diapers and the Foley catheters........

Nah, I worked

He told me that I could not work during the trial period. I have a job that is very physical, and often unpredictable. I emailed him to ask some further questions about it as I was instructed to do so and he never bothered to email me back. I took that as a sign that it wasn't a fit for me with a doctor that was going to be unresponsive.

For me, they had to make a 5" long incision horizontally across my lower back (just above my waist line. They insert the lead in a slightly different spot, but need the long incision to see exactly where it actually goes. they would also use this incision to implant the actual interstim device/batery if the two week test goes ok. If you have a physically demanding job then I can see the work limitation. It would be easy to tear open that large incision before it can heal.

Dill, that would be true for most normal people, but those with an overactive or urgent bladder will get bladder contractions before your bladder is actually full. Alternatively, (like me) you can also get errant signals when they aren't normally supposed to happen at all,

Funny...after thinking about this subject further, it came to me that maybe you really need a neurologist...after all, the problem you are experiencing is fundamentally neurological in origin -- the reflex loop between your bladder and its outlet was disrupted, and all else follows.

• 1 year later...

wrgb,

I recommend that you do some research - lots of research before reaching a decision re InterStim.

What many people do not realize is that miinor surgery is required about every three years to replace the battery.