LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Windows 10

While you are technically correct, it's a lot more difficult to infect something like a phone precisely because of how phones are typically sandboxed, making real-world exploits much more difficult to pull off. Jailbreaking iOS and rooting Android are two good ways to open yourself up to vulnerabilities on a mobile device though, but even then real-world vulnerabilities are minimal. Microsoft gets targeted not only because it has the most users, (although that certainly makes it a very appealing target,) but because it's also the easiest OS to hack. The ease with which Windows can be hacked actually caused Google to reverse their previously policy on allowing employees to pick their OS from any of the big three, (Windows, OS X, or Linux,) and to ban the use of Windows outside of projects that required testing specifically on the Windows platform. (Google employees may still choose between OS X and Linux though.) Having the most users definitely doesn't help Windows, but it's not the only reason why Windows has the most viruses.

Edited by dlsmd

Do you have a source for those numbers?

the thing about getting accurate counts is no company has ever released the actual count of these things

so going by reports im just guesstimating and im erroring on the low side of estimates by at lest 80%

Well, back on topic for a bit...I got a Video "Glitch" upon wake up from "sleep" mode. Kinda odd really, as the other ways to put it to sleep and wake don't seem to cause the issue. It's a bit of a pain cause the screen shows some crazy color streak going through mosly black background...then all of a sudden my display is back but the damn icons are everywhere :P

I had this happen for abit last year when they did some upgrade to Win8.1 and it would play that game too. So anyway my video card logged the file back to the company so they are aware of the issue, eithers Win10 or the new driver from NVidia. So I'll wait abit and see if they can fix that!

the thing about getting accurate counts is no company has ever released the actual count of these things

so going by reports im just guesstimating and im erroring on the low side of estimates by at lest 80%

In other words making it up. People shouldn't promote statistics or facts if they are unable to back them up with sources or anything. Or if you estimate you should say that is what you are doing.

If you just write down numbers a lot of people will just assume they are correct when they aren't.

I uninstalled Windblows 10. Had multiple BSOD's and my graphics (Adobe) doesn't work. No good browser for it and went back to Windblows 7

Plus one on removing Win 10. ate up to much processor time. That coupled with the spyware

One more comment regards updates. We've all seen where MS updates were sometimes screwy and they had to do another update to fix the one they just handed out :screwy: That hasn't been a one-time thing with them either. It is neither logical or smart to trust that they will not do this ever again with their history being known :( The smartest people are the ones who let someone else be the guinea-pig and watch to see what happens to them instead of risking their own butt when they do not have to.

That is why I do not auto-update anything. If an update is good I'll do it PDQ; if not I wait till the fix comes out then update ;) There will always be enough of the less-intelligent who will jump right onto anything new so you can see and avoid the problems they encounter by waiting a day or two and you're risking very little in waiting- I have never (not even once) heard of anyone having any problems doing that, have you?

To me it's just being smart and living with your eyes and mind wide open and I ain't gonna let anyone change that part of me B)

Bettypooh

Edited by Bettypooh

I was talking with my barber yesterday before my haircut, and he was telling me not to upgrade to 10 yet. He said he had upgraded his, and then started having problems practically every minute afterwards. I'm fine with my computers that have 7 and 8.1 respectively. Whatever happened to 9 anyway? Sounds like Microsoft failed basic counting in school.

Their official answer is that is came and went. The real answer is that they didn't want anyone to think their next version of windows was associated with the last version (which it is). As such, they skipped the number to try and make everyone think there is a bigger gap in programming from the last colossal failure that was windows 8. The reality is, yeah it just makes them look dumber for not counting correctly.

I thought they skipped 9 because of the way computer codes work and because Windows 95 and 98 once existed it caused problems when you then use 9.

I googled it and found this: http://www.extremetech.com/computing/191279-why-is-it-called-windows-10-not-windows-9 which seems to have a bunch of different ideas.

Still not had any problems with 10 myself. In fact the only difference I've noticed is my computer is much faster to boot up which is cool. I also like the new "Store" feature. I'm not sure why people complain about it being touch screen oriented... I haven't really noticed that unless you mean the tiles on the start menu and if that is the case then I'm confused because I think it works great with a mouse too.

I honestly think if you are getting errors and whatnot you need to reinstall it, or you installed it before getting the message from Microsoft that your hardware is compatible because I have had no problems, neither as Alice or anyone I know. Though, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the people complaining about this change are the people that complain about EVERY change :P

As much as I detest W8.1 I'd love to change it- but not to something worse :P And in going over to the MS Store with W8x, they removed the freeware games and that included "Chess Titans" which I liked. They don't have another Chess freeware available which I like enough to DL and I'm not going to pay for one <_< And in using the MS Store on W8.1 you have another TOU which adds more security holes even if the app has none- betcha W10 has that same TOU or worse.

Yes, I generally don';t like change but I'd rather stay with a user-controllable piece of crap like W8.1 than to throw caution to the wind and let MS make my decisions for me. I know what I want my machine to do and they don't :angry:

Bettypooh

One more comment regards updates. We've all seen where MS updates were sometimes screwy and they had to do another update to fix the one they just handed out :screwy: That hasn't been a one-time thing with them either. It is neither logical or smart to trust that they will not do this ever again with their history being known :( The smartest people are the ones who let someone else be the guinea-pig and watch to see what happens to them instead of risking their own butt when they do not have to.

That is why I do not auto-update anything. If an update is good I'll do it PDQ; if not I wait till the fix comes out then update ;) There will always be enough of the less-intelligent who will jump right onto anything new so you can see and avoid the problems they encounter by waiting a day or two and you're risking very little in waiting- I have never (not even once) heard of anyone having any problems doing that, have you?

installed windows 10 ,, now unable to access the games purchased online , only a small box with them in ,and unable to play it , hence wasted about 60 pounds , just wish i had not bothered installing,

2 windows 10 versions, no issues

Windows 10 Pro, this HTPC for forums, series and movies, updates can be scheduled/ignored (on 24/7)

Windows 10 Home, Gaming PC that I rarely use anymore, mostly turned off, updates at 3 am, when I'm sleeping and wont notice if it has updated itself..

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using it for a while now and can only say good things about it. The only things I don't care for are the newer browser. It seems glitch prone on some sites and sometimes my solid state doesn't let go of files... say if I open one.. make an edit and want to delete the original it will say it's open. It could be a firmware issue also. Besides that I like it over windows 7 and it's likely everything M$ wanted with windows 8.