LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bad Husband, Better Baby

OK, so here is chapter 3, I believe it is a bit shorter than the previous chapters.. I promised more ABDL content, but it seems that will have to wait a little longer (not much longer though). I find slow build ups mean better pay off so please enjoy :)

Chapter 3 - Denial

Sarah spent longer than usual in the shower that evening as she was lost deep in thought about the days events. This was all too much for her. What did the wet bed mean? Why hadn't Nick told her about it?

"He could at least have cleaned it up" Sarah thought to herself as she let the warm water cascade over her body.

She eventually and reluctantly pulled herself out of the shower and, after toweling herself dry, threw on her dressing gown and headed back into the bedroom. She surveyed the room, the contrast from one side to the other couldn't be greater. Sarahs side of the bedroom was immaculate, with everything in its place. All her clothes were folded and put away in drawers and there was no clutter. Nicks side was a different story altogether. Nicks clothes were just sat in a messy pile the side of his bed, he had old magazines and stuff covering the floor. It looked like a bomb site.

She walked around the bed being careful not to trip on the mess and was back at the wet spot her husband had left all those hours earlier. The smell was definitely noticeable still but it was overbearing.

Sighing, she started removing the sheets and flipped over the mattress. Happy that the wetness hadn't gone all the way through she remade the bed and headed back downstairs with the used sheets. She carried the bundle of white sheets past the doorway to the living room, glancing inside on her way past she saw her husband with his head still in his hands, and she wondered what was going through his head.

After taking the sheets and sticking them in the washing machine and turning it on she started thinking about dinner. It had been a long day and with everything that happened at lunch time from her phone call with Nick to the odd meeting she had with Jack, she hadn't eaten her lunch.

She went into the kitchen to start making dinner, she was well aware that if she didn't do these chores that no one would, she was long past the point of expecting Nick to be helpful. She remembered back to when he had the role of a house husband and it had been a disaster. She would come home from work and have to practically beg Nick to get up and cook dinner, even though he spent his whole day doing nothing. It had ended up with her doing the cooking more often than not. Which is when she put her foot down and demanded he step up his search for work.

After around half an hour of cooking, she set the dining table up, served the food and called Nick in.

"Nick, dinner is ready" Nick heard Sarah call through from the dining room.

He raised himself off the couch and slouched his way into the dining room and sat at the table. They sat eating in awkward silence for a few minutes. Before Sarah broke the silence.

"So... Is there anything you wanted to tell me about today? Perhaps something you hadn't mentioned?" Sarah asked staring across the table as her husband greedily wolfed down the food in front of him.

"Something I should tell you?" He asked out loud. He thought to himself for a quick few seconds and then said "nope."

Sarah was getting a bit frustrated. "Really? Nothing at all? It is OK if you feel embarrassed by it, it is understandable, but you need to tell me these things." She said with a thin lipped smile, doing her best to hide the frustration and get her husband to just admit to the information she already knew.

"Embarrassed? I really don't know what you are on about. I told you everything that happened on the phone, about my job and-" Nick was saying until cut off.

"Oh for heavens sake, YOU WET THE BED NICK!" Sarah shouted, her frustration getting the better of her. "You wet the bed and you didn't tell me, you didn't even clean it up!"

She continued in a lower tone of voice but a tone which carried hints of the frustration she had been feeling since lunch time. She had been worried about embarrassing Nick, but now she didn't care.

"I... I..." Nick suddenly flashed back to the one incident this morning that had totally slipped his mind in between all the other crazy events of the morning.

"Can you not even do the most basic adult things like stopping yourself wetting the bed? Can I not even trust you to go to the bathroom anymore?" Sarah continued her voice rising again

"Honey, I forgot... So much crazy stuff today... I'm sorry" Nick stuttered pathetically, he knew there was no excuse. How had he forgotten? If he had just cleaned up no one would have known. Heck, he would have got brownie points for actually doing a chore by changing the bed sheets.

"You are sorry? You know, I had calmed down a bit coming home from work, I figured we could just talk it through and start fixing things, you would start looking for a new job and we would move on like normal." Sarah said whilst watching her husband who had his head hung low. Sarah noted with some satisfaction that his cheeks were going bright red.

"But now I'm starting to think you are beyond help... You are lazy, you are irresponsible and the thing that hurts the most... I can't trust you." Sarah looked down at her plate which suddenly looked a lot less appetizing than before.

"Sarah, I..." Nick stopped, he had nothing to say. She was right. He was lazy, he had shown today that he couldn't handle responsibility and he hadn't told Sarah about his accident. Had he forgotten? Or did he just block it from his mind so that Sarah would deal with it instead of him. It is what he did for everything else, just ignore it until his wife decided to do something about it. But what if it wasn't his fault at all...

"NO!" He thought, it wasn't his fault. He looked up at his wife and decided he was going to take control of this situation. He was going to present his side of the story, make his wife see sense.

"Sarah, listen, and let me finish. None of this is my fault. I woke up late, but that is really your fault for not waking me up properly, I was pulled over by the police but that wasn't my fault because the speed limit should be higher there anyway and if you had made sure I was awake on time I wouldn't have needed to speed." Nick put his hand up to hush

Sarah who was just about to respond and she wasn't looking happy Nick thought to himself.

"And... And... My, erm, accident" he said sheepishly, "that wasn't my fault either because I was asleep! I can't help it if I didn't wake up." He finished satisfied that his wife must see the sense in his arguments after that.

Sarah stared at Nick, her face was turning red. She had been prepared to forgive him when first sitting down for dinner, but not only was Nick trying to say it wasn't his fault, he was passing the blame on to her. She was fuming.

"Go to bed Nick." Sarah said quietly although there was more than a hint of menace in her voice.
"But it's only 8pm!" Nick said.

"Just go... And I think it would be better if you slept into the spare bedroom tonight." Sarah added, thanking her training and her experience with her students for stopping her from just getting up and lunging at her husband!

Nick sensed this was a battle he couldn't win, even with his logical arguments and silently stood up and headed for the stairs. When he reached the bottom step he looked back over toward his wife who was still sitting, still staring straight ahead.

"I love you" He said just loud enough for Sarah to hear and then he traipsed upstairs, past the main bedroom and into the spare room.

Sarah felt a single tear roll down her cheek. After everything that had happened Nick was still adamant that he wasn't to blame for any of the problems of the last 24 hours. He was acting like such a child, how could he still not see that this was his fault, all of this was his fault?

Sarah cleaned the table of dinner and headed into the living room, and over to the computer. With Nick upstairs she now had a chance to use the PC, it wasn't a chance she often got since Nick always monopolised computer time. She decided it was time to do some research.

She went to a search engine and typed in "Husband wet the bed" and searched, there were a lot of results. Some talked about why it happened, some talked about how it happened, some were about how to stop it happening, there were thousands of results. Practically every aspect of bed wetting was asked about in one place or another. One thing was consistent amongst all the search results though.

It seemed that the one thing mentioned more than any other on all these pages related to how to keep the bed dry. It seemed almost universally the people on these sites seemed to say that the best way to keep the bed dry was "absorbent underwear", in other words nappies.

Sarah sat there looking at lots of different posts on the subject. She was mulling it over in her own mind, if bed wetting was going to be a problem then it seemed obvious that nappies would be the solution. But could she even trust Nick with sorting out his own nappies at this point? She envisaged a scenario where Nicks side of the bed was strewn with used nappies and she gagged at the thought of it.

She had a little giggle as she imagined Nicks reaction if he saw what she was doing, then she shut off the computer. Nappies were a good idea she thought but it was a little early to be thinking about them. Her husband had had one accident, well, one accident that he admitted to. She wondered if there had been other accidents that he hadn't admitted to but decided if he was too lazy to clean up this one he probably wouldn't have cleaned up any other accidents he may have had either.

Sarah decided it was time she went to bed herself. After all the searching it was now approaching 9pm and although tomorrow was Saturday and she usually stayed up a bit at weekends, she had been left very tired by all the revelations that she had had to deal with today. Her emotions had been all over the place since lunch time and it had taken its toll. So she headed up to bed. Where she fell asleep practically the moment she lay down, her final thoughts of the day was of her husband and how, although she still loved him, she could no longer trust him with anything. She sighed, as she fell asleep.

Nick on the other hand wasn't having much rest in the spare bedroom.

He was embarrassed at having been sent to bed, he wasn't even sure why he had gone without complaint. He certainly felt little if any guilt at the days events, he had calmly explained to his wife why if anything the problems of the day were more down to her than it was down to him. It was Sarah who wasn't being rational, he was just trying to make her see sense, it wasn't his fault!

The room was pretty barren, not being used very often and he always had trouble falling asleep in new places. Even though he was still in his own house, the fact that the bed was one he wasn't used to and his surroundings were new made it hard for him to relax.

What wasn't helping in his attempts to relax was a rather full feeling in his bladder. Those beers at lunch time and the water he had drunk at home since then clearly were starting to want to come out. Nick knew he should go to the bathroom, but at the same time he didn't want to have to get out of bed again and the going to the bathroom meant walking past his wifes bedroom and there was no way he wanted to wake her up. She was annoyed at him and he didn't want to give her any more excuses to be annoyed.

So he just laid down and did his best to fall asleep, which he eventually accomplished.

Nick would look back at this moment in the days and weeks ahead and curse his decision to not go to the bathroom that night, but right now he was unaware of anything being wrong. He was lost to his dreams, even when in the middle of the night his bladder gave up the battle, he remained unconscious.

Edited by Elfking
  • Like 7

I can't wait for the next chapter, this story has me to captivated I am not really reading anything else :lol: Great job Elfy. I may end up reading only your books from now on :lol:

Edited by champon7

The next chapter is going to be a bit of a bumper chapter I think. It will include the first inklings of the future for poor ol' Nick and it should be ready for posting later tonight or tomorrow :)

OK, so chapter 4 ended up being longer than expected so I've broken it into two halves, the second half is a lot more action packed than the first.

If I get plenty of comments and stuff today on this next part I will post the second part later today, if not I will post the second part either tomorrow or later. So read, havve fun, and let me know what you thin! :)

Chapter Four - The Shopping Trip

Sarah woke up early the next day, yet she felt extremely well rested. She had dropped into a deep sleep almost as soon as her head hit the pillow and remained in a deep slumber until she awoke naturally just moments ago.

She was confused for a second or so when she saw her husbands side of the bed empty. He never woke up before she did so she was very used to seeing him sprawled out on the other side of the bed and snoring when she woke up.

Then the previous day came flooding back to her and she remembered that Nick was in the spare room.

"Good" she thought, she was still very upset at her husband.

Sarah got up out of bed and slipped into her dressing gown and slippers to head to the bathroom.

She did her morning business and then jumped into the shower for a very short wake up shower, upon emerging she dried herself off, put her dressing gown and slippers back on and thought she would go and see her husband. She may have been mad at him, but she still wanted to see him, it may sound silly after only one night of them not being in the same bed, but she missed him.

Nick had woke up early that morning too, probably because he hadn't closed the curtains and the sun was streaming in through the window on what promised to be another hot summer day. He was just about to curse the sun for waking him up when he felt a different sensation, a sensation he recognised from the previous day and from the sporadic times he had felt it in the past. There was a large cold, wet spot between and around his legs.

"Don't panic", he thought to himself "It's a warm room, it must just be sweat..."

He pulled the cover back and was hit by the smell and it was clear almost immediately it wasn't sweat.

He pulled the cover back over himself and sat up in bed. The puddle he was sitting in may not be sweat but he was certainly sweating now, panicking as his heart beat fast. What was going on with him? Two nights in a row he had woken up in a wet bed, this was unprecedented for Nick.

"It must be the stress" he rationalised, "and that beer and... Oh why didn't I just go to the bathroom last night!"

His lamentation was interrupted by the unmistakeable sound of the toilet flushing. It must be Sarah waking up and getting ready for the day. He had heard her come up and head to bed before he fell asleep so it made sense she was awake earlier as well.

Nick needed a plan of action, he looked around the room. It was basically empty except for the bed, the chest of drawers and the cupboard.

"Not much to work with" Nick thought. He looked around more but could see no obvious way of hiding the evidence or somehow fixing the situation. He couldn't just wait either. It was Saturday, his wife wasn't working. So he couldn't wait for her to leave before trying to hide the evidence.

He decided his only chance was to try and get these sheets to the washing machine without his wife noticing, it was a long shot, but it was the only shot he had.

He went to work stripping the bed untill he had all the sheets bundled up on the floor beside him. Nick quickly threw on the clothes he had been wearing yesterday, they were the only clothes in the room anyway, not that wearing clothes multiple days in a row tended to bother Nick all that much.

He looked down at the stripped bed and saw the mark of his accident on the mattress still. He flipped the mattress over and although a small patch of wetness had soaked all the way through he was confident his wife would never notice.

Knock, knock, knock.

Nick spun on the spot startled, someone was knocking on the bedroom door, and using the logic that he and Sarah were the only people in the house, he deduced that his wife was about to walk in on him.

The door opened and Sarah walked in yawning and dressed in her dressing gown again, she had clearly just woken up too.

"Good morning" Sarah said tersely, she was far from over the arguments of yesterday and was not at all happy with Nick but she felt she should go in to see him since after sending him to bed early the previous night she hadn't heard a peep from him.

"Oh... Hi honey, I didn't expect you to come in..." Nick trailed off nervously, the last thing he wanted was for his wife to see that he had had another accident! She had already said she couldn't trust him, he didn't want to start reinforcing that belief by showing she couldn't trust him to even keep the bed dry.

Sarah looked at the scene in front of her. Her husband, in a state of nervousness with the bed clothes piled on the floor at his feet. She was suspicious.

"What's all this?" Sarah asked suspiciously looking at the ensemble of bedclothes now bundled on the floor at Nicks feet.

"Oh... I... I,uh, I thought I would do some cleaning!" Nick said, "You were complaining I don't do enough around the house right? So I thought I would do the laundry." Nick finished with a big smile on his face and holding his arms out as if for a hug.

"I don't believe you." Sarah replied flatly, still eyeing the laundry pile "You never lift a finger for me unless you absolutely have to. What are you hiding? Let me see this stuff."

"Sarah... no..." Nick started but it was already too late.

Sarah had reached down and quickly pulled out the bed sheet. She found the two corners and let the sheet fall open in front of her.

The way the sheet fell open left the big wet patch right in front of Sarahs face. Interestingly, Sarah reacted with a lot less shock than even she thought she might at this fresh revelation.

"You were going to just do the laundry?" Sarah said sarcastically, "Just fancied doing it to give me less to do and no other reason, right?"

"Sarah, listen, I knew I needed to pee last night... But I didn't want to disturb you, so I stayed in bed and ignored it and..." Nick gestured at the wet sheet that Sarah was still holding.

"More like you were too lazy to get out of bed." Sarah countered somewhat accurately.

"That's not true..." Nick didn't sound very convincing and he knew it, but what else could he say?
Sarah sat on the bed taking care to avoid the obvious wet spot and motioned for Nick to sit next to her. Nick hesitantly sat down on the bed with Sarah and looked at the floor, he felt too embarrassed to be able to look at his wife now.

"Nick, listen, we are having some problems right now, neither of us can deny it. I am far from a happy wife at the moment. But before we sort our marriage out we have a more pressing need. We need to talk about this... "problem" you have started having." Sarah knew this was a delicate subject so she was approaching it gently, she could see Nick was already very embarrassed by the situation and so didn't want to make this conversation any worse than it had to be. Sarah left some time now for Nick to say something if he wanted to.

Nick just sat there. He was listening but he was too embarrassed to respond. What did Sarah want him to say? He had woken in a wet bed two nights in a row, for all his pontificating that everything was fine and that there was no reason to worry he was concerned at the fact that it had happened twice in a row and this second time it hadn't even woken him up.

"So... Maybe we should start looking at ways to at least limit the problem until it gets sorted. What do you think? I know it is embarrassing Nick, but I can't have you wetting the bed every night, neither of us will get good sleep that way. We can't just pretend there isn't an issue here." Sarah stopped and waited, this time she was going to wait for Nick to respond. He had to take some ownership of the situation, she thought.

Nick sat there, looking down, lost in thought. He couldn't deny that he was having a problem, and he couldn't deny that it would not be fun for either of them to wake up in a wet bed every morning. But what did Sarah think could help the problem?

"What were you thinking that could help the situation?" Nick said quietly, he was feeling defeated. His naturally low self-esteem had taken a battering over the last day or so.

"Well..." Sarah knew this was a key moment, she knew what she was about to suggest would be considered very emasculating for Nick. She knew that Nick would be very against the idea she was about to propose, but she also knew it was probably the best answer to the accidents Nick was having.

"I read online last night that a lot of people who have problems with wetting the bed..."

Nick flinched in embarrassment at the term "wetting the bed."

"use, erm, "absorbent underwear" to help with the problem."

"Absorbent underwear?"Nick thought to himself for a second before realising what his wife meant.

"You mean nappies!" Nick said loudly as he felt himself tearing up at this suggestion, how could his wife suggest such a thing? There was no way he could wear nappies to bed, he may have been having some problems with control but he wasn't a baby!

"Sarah, I can't wear nappies! I'm a man, not a baby... I might be having a few issues but there has to be another way..." Nick let the sentence trail off as he searched for another answer that would work and not be quite so humiliating for him.

"Nick, no one has to know outside of us two. I understand why it would be embarrassing for you but you have a problem and we need to take this problem by the scruff of the neck and sort it out." Sarah was taking control of the situation again, she didn't want her husband to weasel his way out of this one, she flat out refused to have extra laundry every morning. Sarah thought of another way to convince her husband of the need for nappies.

"You want to come back into our bedroom don't you?" Sarah knew this was a good tactic to take, the idea of nappies would make Nick feel like less of a man, Sarah knew that, but by saying that he could come back into her bedroom and sleep in the same bed as her would mitigate the damage Nick would feel to his manhood. Sarah waited eagerly for Nicks response, she could almost see the cogs turning in his head as he mulled all of this over.

"If i wore napp- "absorbent underwear"... to bed" Nick began, "I could come back into our bedroom?"

"Absolutely." Sarah said with a smile and a reassuring pat on Nicks arm. She was still mad at him for all the trouble and lies he had caused but this was a time for love, not anger.

Nick sat there thinking. There was nothing he wanted more than to be able to go back and sleep in his own bed again, if for no other reason than this room felt really uncomfortable to him. Nick also considered that if there was less laundry to do it meant that he wouldn't have to do the laundry each day which was a bonus for his lazy side, and also Sarah wouldn't nag at him to do it so much.

Finally, after a minute of soul searching, Nick let out a long sigh and felt his face burn red.

"OK... Let's try it your way."

Sarah tried to hide the broad smile that now crept across her face. She had a feeling that this was the start of everything turning around. She thought to herself that if she could get Nick to take ownership of his bed wetting that she would be able to change other aspects of him.
It was small and subtle, most people probably wouldn't have even noticed, but this was a big moment for Sarah and her relationship with Nick.

For the first time in a long, long time she had managed to bend Nick to her will. For once, she had wanted something to happen, she had wanted Nick to do or agree to something, and she had forced it through and Nick was now doing as he was told. It probably started with telling him to go to bed early the previous night and him doing it, but the big test was the nappies and now that he had agreed to try them she felt like she had power in the relationship for the first time in a long time.

The feelings Sarah was getting from being in control like this were exhilarating to her, she certainly didn't plan to let them go.

"Great!" Sarah said jumping up off the bed, feeling a new sense of energy, "Well, get yourself ready then and we will leave in a few minutes." Said continued.

"Leave? Where are we going?" Nick was confused and bewildered from this sudden change in tone from his wife.

"To the shop, silly. We need to pick up some groceries and we can pick up some nappies as well." Sarah called over her shoulder as she left the room with a new spring in her step.

"Absorbent underwear!" Nick called out correcting her, whilst flinching at the use of the word nappy.

"Whatever." Sarah called back, she was already back in her bedroom and was getting dressed ready for the impromptu shopping trip they were about to be taking.

Nick sat uneasily in the spare bedroom and then started to get ready. He had a feeling this would not be a fun trip. He hated shopping at the best of times, but he had a feeling this would be even worse than usual.

Edited by Elfking
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Only two comments?

In that case you guys are going to have to wait until at least tomorrow for part two of the chapter! :P

Should be posted up sometime in the morning my time which will be the middle of the night for the Americans, something for the insomniacs to stay up for I guess. :D

So here is the second half of chapter four. In it we see poor Nick getting a taste of what is to come! The next chapter is yet to be written although I seem to be a fast writer (it helps when you have so much free time!) so it may be a couple of days but I doubt it will take long to appear here :) So enjoy, and as usual, like the post or make a comment to let me know you are still enjoying it :D Suggestions, ideas, criticisms, all manner of comment is expected!

About 15 minutes later Sarah was standing by the front door car keys in hand and impatiently waiting for her husband.

"Come on Nick!" She called up the stairs. She hadn't seen Nick since she left the room and she was getting impatient waiting for him to get ready. She knew he would be reluctant to go, he was reluctant to do regular shopping yet alone shopping for something like this. But Sarah felt it was important that he come along with her for this.

"Do I have to come?" Nick said in a whiny voice, "Shopping is your thing, and I don't wanna go out." Nick slowly walked down the stairs saying this and having a noticeable pout on his face.

"Well, since you are unemployed now and since we are shopping for your nappies, you need to come with me to pick which ones you want." Sarah said, raising her voice to mute the protests Nick tried to raise over the use of the "nappy" word.

With that Sarah opened the front door and headed to the car, unlocked it and then turned around to look back at Nick who was still standing in the doorway looking out toward the car nervously.

Sarah rolled her eyes, strode back up to Nick, grabbed his hand and started dragging him to the car.

Once they were both in the car, Sarah started the engine and left the driveway on the way to the local shopping centre.

"You need to stop acting like such a baby." Sarah said to break the silence in the car, "you have a little problem and we are going to fix it."

Nick just sat there in silence. He didn't know how his wife could be so cheerful about all this. He was going to have to wear nappies to bed... No matter how much she said it wasn't a big deal, it most assuredly was a big deal. He felt like being told he had to wear padding to bed was showing that he couldn't control one of the most basic adult functions. Worse than that, nappies seemed like an admission that not only was he having a small problem with bed wetting, but that it wasn't going to go away. It felt like accepting nappies meant an acceptance that his night time wetting was no longer in his control. Normally, Nick was fine with giving up control of parts of his life to his wife, especially if it meant less work for him. But this was something very different, this was him giving up control of one thing he wanted control over.

Of course, this wasn't something Nick had control of, it's not like if he had said no to nappies that he would stop wetting the bed. Nick knew this deep down of course, but admitting that he needed help to control one of the few things in his life that he wanted control of, was like giving up a part of what made him an adult.

Sarah, meanwhile, was loving it. "Perhaps", she thought "this will spur Nick on to get some control back in his life". But increasingly there was a new thought taking precedence in her mind.

Maybe it was time to take all control from him... He had spent a majority of his adult life trying to give up as much control of his life and responsibility to other people as he could. Now Sarah was thinking maybe it was time to take everything from him, maybe it would spur him on to fight to take everything back. Maybe it would teach him of his need for responsibility. Sarah made a mental note to check to see if her theory made sense to Jack when she went back to work, his degree in behavioral psychology may offer some insight into the situation.

Yet another part of Sarah was starting to think she would like to take all responsibility from Nick and not give it back at all. He had spent so long putting so much of a burden on her, she was feeling inclined to take everything. She wasn't even feeling that angry at him anymore, but the feelings of dominance and power she was getting from just this morning were giving her a lot of reason to think that a dramatic power shift in their relationship would be good for both of them.

It was with all this on Sarahs mind that they eventually reached and pulled into the car park for the shopping centre. Sarah quickly grabbed her things out of the back seat and stepped out the car.

Nick reluctantly followed, he was already looking around nervously as if anyone might know what he was there for. Nick hadn't felt this uncomfortable for a long time, he didn't like heading out to the shops in the first place, but to be there for the reason he was there today made him so much more uncomfortable.

"OK Nick, first we need to get some food shopping and then we can look into getting the nappies from the pharmacy a little down the hall." Sarah said matter-of-factly whilst checking a list she made and headed toward the escalator that took them up from the car park into the shopping centre.

"Does she have to be so loud." Nick said under his breath and hurried up to be alongside his wife again.

The pair headed through the shopping centre to the large supermarket for the weekly stock up on food. The shopping centre was pretty busy at the moment, it was getting towards midday on a Saturday so it was about as full as it was going to get. Sarah walked slightly ahead of Nick as they made their way through the crowds of shoppers to the supermarket.

For the most part their time buying food was uneventful, Nick was entirely preoccupied by the reason he was there so found himself being lead around the shop agreeing to what his wife was saying without really even listening. It was a surprise to him then, when he realised his wife was putting a package of baby wipes in the shopping cart.

"What are those for?" Nick said quietly and blushing slightly, "aren't those for babies?"

"Nonsense, these are for people who wear padding and need to make sure they are thoroughly clean after changing." Sarah said, as she moved on towards the checkouts.

"Sarah has really been thinking about this..." Nick thought to himself, "She seems very prepared."

Sarah was secretly thrilled at the way her husband was acting, he seemed so submissive compared to normal, and Sarah was finding that increasingly taking control of everything to do with Nick and their relationship made her feel really good. "I could get used to this", she thought!

After going through the checkout, the part of the trip Nick feared most was looming right before him.

Nick slowly shuffled after his wife towards the pharmacy. He couldn't believe this was happening, could he turn around and run away now? Not likely, his wife had the car keys and he didn't fancy the long walk back home. Could he just refuse to go in the pharmacy? Perhaps, but would that really help matters? He was getting nappies whether he was with his wife when she bought them or not. In the end, Nick remembered the promise that he could come back into their bedroom if he did this and sucked up all the courage he could and headed through the doorway with Sarah into the pharmacy.

The pharmacy was a fairly large one and was certainly busy today, there were a few members of staff looking to assist the people who were in the store and a lot of customers, many of them elderly milling around the shop at a slow pace. It was a much more sedate atmosphere than just outside, in the main shopping centre which was full of kids and loud music. It was actually quite soothing, Nick thought.

Sarah steered Nick straight to a large aisle that was covered from floor to just above head height in various types of nappies and incontinence equipment. There was no one else in this aisle right now, a fact that made Nick eternally grateful! He had mentally prepared himself for a bunch of people watching as he picked out his nappies. What Nick had not prepared himself for however, was the sheer amount of options on the shelf.

Sarah looked at the products and then turned to her husband and was amused to see his mouth hanging open at everything on display. She had to admit she didn't expect all this choice either, but Nicks reaction couldn't help but cause her to giggle.

"So... Where do we start?" Sarah asked Nick.

"I... I... I don't know" Nick replied looking at all the different products. He could barely believe his eyes, as he scanned the shelves from top to bottom. There were all kinds of products here and Nick was trying to visually distinguish between them. Some seemed to have tapes, whilst others were the pull up style you would use on potty training kids.

Some appeared to have a shiny plastic backing whilst others seemed to have a more cloth like backing. There were nappies that weren't disposable and there were several brands of each type. Nick struggled to take it all in, he was starting to feel overwhelmed by everything.

"You don't know?" Sarah said looking back to the shelf, "truth be told, neither do I!" She continued with a short laugh.

"Sarah, I-" Nick was having second thoughts about agreeing to all this, his feelings of being overwhelmed were building, and they were building quickly. But just as he was about to voice his concern Sarah started walking off down the aisle.

"I'll be right back" Sarah said with a grin that her husband couldn't see.

Nick stood frozen to the spot. He felt like a deer trapped in the headlights, his mind was telling him to do all sorts of things from follow his wife to just run out the store, but instead he didn't move. Time seemed to stand still for Nick and it felt like hours before his wife returned, though it was probably only seconds, but when Nick looked over to his wife he wished he had just run away.

Sarah smiled, pointed to her husband and started talking to the employee she was now bringing over. Nick couldn't hear what they were saying because they were too far away but he saw both of them smile and then head over to Nick.

"So, your wife tells me you need help with some bedtime accidents?" Said the shop assistant with a smile.

Nick looked form his wife to the assistant and back again, he was rooted to the spot and now his mouth seemed unable to move. After a few moments of silence where Nick was trying to get his mouth to work again, his wife stepped in.

"You will have to forgive my husband, he is very shy and embarrassed about this situation. Yes, he has been having some trouble keeping the bed dry and we were looking for some protection to help him." Sarah took control of the situation again, "Do you have any suggestions?"

Nick was starting to feel smaller and smaller, on top of all this embarrassment that he was having to endure, now his wife and a shopkeeper were picking out nappies for him as if he were incapable of even having a say on the matter. He wondered if he would feel better if he had more control over things right now. Would picking out his own nappies to wear really make him feel any better? He suspected not, but it may have been more discreet.

"Certainly." The assistant said looking at the shelf. "If your husband is a light wetter, or if it is just a precaution I would suggest these." He stepped forward and pointed at a package of pull ups.

Nick actually thought they didn't look too bad, almost like regular underwear even.

"If your husband is a heavier wetter and more security is needed I would suggest these." The shop assistant moved his hand up a couple of shelves and rested on what looked to Nick to be a packet of very thick, taped on nappies.

There was no disguising these as regular underwear, these looked like something an overgrown baby would wear. Nick was horrified at the thought of wearing these, there would be no pretending they were just a different type of underwear, there would be no disguising what he was wearing with these on. These thicker nappies were not appealing to Nick in any way.

Sarah took one packet of each of the recommended nappies and started studying the packaging.

"Well I will leave you both to it, once you make your choice the cash registers are at the back of the store and if you need any more help just come and find me." The assistant said looking at Sarah and then quickly glancing at Nick as if he were a non-entity in the decision and giving him a patronising little smile.

Nick was starting to think that with his lack of input in this decision and the reason they were there in the first place that the assistant assumed Nick was handicapped.

"Thank you ever so much." Said Sarah warmly and with a smile.

The assistant walked off to help an elderly man in the next aisle over who was looking at some other medical equipment.

Nick saw a chance to gain some control of things. If he could avoid the thick more baby like nappies he would see this as a win for him. How odd that would have sounded to him 48 hours ago, he thought.

"I think the pull-" Nick began, he was planning on saying that the pull ups would work fine after finally remembering how to operate his mouth.

"I think we will go with the thicker nappies." Sarah said without looking up from the packages.

"Please... Call them "absorbent underwear"..." Nick said blushing trying to retain some dignity in the situation, "why do I need the thicker ones? These pull ups look fine." He was unable to keep the hint of whining out of his voice.

"Because, babe, you have large accidents. You soaked the sheets and I don't want to get you something that will just leak." Sarah explained in a tone that suggested she were talking to a small child who was struggling with potty training.

Sarah put the pull ups back on the shelf and started heading to the checkout area.

Nick put his hand up as if to make another point and argue for the pull ups but Sarah had already walked off. It seemed she didn't care for his input now.

Nick looked around nervously and then followed, he felt like everyone in the shop was watching him as he carried this packet of medium sized nappies to the cashier at the back of the store. He wasn't sure if people were looking at him more because of the nappies or not. He noted that if he was attracting extra attention, that his wife seemed oblivious of that fact.

They reached the line for the cashier and joined the queue. The line was moving at an incredibly slow speed and Nick was acutely uncomfortable as he stood there with the nappies at his side.

Joining the queue behind him was a woman with a young son, the little boy must have only been 5 or 6 years old. Nick didn't pay them any more attention than anyone else in the store until he heard a little voice behind him.

"Mummy, why does that man have nappies? They are too big for babies!" The kid asked loudly.

Nick immediately felt himself go an even deeper shade of red and could feel his heart pumping harder than he thought was possible. He heard a weird cough next to him and he turned to Sarah who was coughing in a weird way and turning away from him. He was sure he heard a hint of a laugh in that cough.

"Well, Timmy sometimes even adults need a little help with going to the potty" The mother responded calmly.

"Well, I don't need them, I use the potty like a big boy!" The little kid said happily.

"That's right Timmy, you are a good boy, but it is rude to talk about people like that OK? Now why don't you tell me about that film you want to see at the cinema later" The mother responded diverting her kid’s attention expertly.

Just as the kid started to babble on about a new film with dinosaurs in it Sarah got Nicks attention.

"Ooh, I need to use the bathroom." Sarah suddenly turned to say, Sarah’s face was red just like Nicks, but for a different reason. Rather than embarrassment Sarah had been trying to hold in laughing at the situation.

"But we are next in line, can't it wait?" Nick asked nervously, aware that he was next in line and that without Sarah there it would be he who had to buy the nappies rather than his wife who Nick thought was going to handle the transaction.

"No Nick." Sarah leaned in to whisper, "If I stay I might need to borrow some of your new underwear." She whispered giggling as she left the line for the bathroom.

Nick was now standing there alone in the queue with the nappies and never had he felt so much like the centre of attention as he did now. His face was burning red from all the attention he believed he was getting, whether he was actually getting the attention or not didn't matter because Nick was sure he was. His knees felt weak and his senses felt like they were on hyper alert and he was acutely aware of everything around him.

Meanwhile, Sarah had exited the store, but rather than heading for the bathroom just across the concourse, she stood in a spot that let her watch the unfolding events from afar without Nick knowing she was watching. In amongst the busy crowd of shoppers she was confident Nick wouldn't be able to spot her.

Sarah was feeling an unusual sensation at all the embarrassment her husband had endured today. As well as the expected feelings of power and dominance that she tasted the previous night and this morning and loved, she was also feeling a little turned on by it all. It was confusing to her to think like that since she was usually very vanilla when it came to things in the bedroom but for some reason all this dominance she was showing and all this embarrassment her husband was feeling were combining to make her feel unexpectedly excited.

Back in the store, Nick was anything but excited, he was desperately fighting the instinct to just drop the package and run away, he was a nervous wreck and felt like there was a battle within him. Just as he was losing that battle the line moved again and now he was faced with the cashier.

"Good morning sir." Said the young female checkout assistant in a bored manner.

Nick didn't say anything and put the package of nappies on the counter and hoped this would be as quick and painless as possible.

"Did you find everything you wanted?" Asked the girl as she scanned the bar code.

"Y-yes." Said Nick with a nervous stutter.

"Are you sure these are the right size for you, sir? We don't offer refunds for this product, we have a room where you can try one on to check for fit if-" The girl started, reciting the lines she had recited so many times before.

"NO!" Nick almost shouted causing the unintended effect that anyone in close proximity stopped what they were doing to look at Nick. He didn't mean to raise his voice but when the girl suggested trying one on it caused his panic to get the better of him for a second.

"S-sorry... I just... These are f-fine..." Nick stuttered feeling sweat on his forehead. He was sure he had never been this embarrassed in his life.

"OK, sir, no need to raise your voice." The girl said with a scowl as she put the nappies in a bag and handed them to Nick.

Nick paid the girl and started hurrying out of the shop, he could not wait to get home after this ordeal.

"Good luck with the nappies!" The girl called out after Nick making him wince, he looked back and saw her sitting there with a glare.

Nick assumed it was because he shouted at her involuntarily just now. He would have considered complaining to the manager but considering everything that had happened, he was just desperate to get home.

Sarah saw him leaving the store so made her way back to the store herself.

"Got everything?" Sarah asked, she already knew the answer, having witnessed the whole scene in the store but she didn't want Nick to know that, she found she was having way more fun with this than she expected.

"Yes." He responded tersely and started walking quickly in the direction of the car.

Sarah followed, noting that the thin plastic bag the pharmacy used didn't do a great job of hiding what was in the bag when it was stretched tight over the items within.

Nick was unaware of the fact, but anyone who cared to look would see the bag he was carrying contained nappies. Nick was too busy going as fast as he could out of the store to notice whether or not people were looking at him. He was so paranoid by this point that he assumed everyone knew what he was there for now any way.

Sarah noticed, that a number of people were noticing and reacting by whispering to friends or laughing or something similar but Nick was striding through the crowd so fast he was most likely unaware.

Sarah was having to work hard to even keep up with Nick at this point. Nick was practically jogging through the store and into the car park. Sarah noted that this was probably the most voluntary exercise Nick had got in a long time.

After just a few minutes they were back at the car. Nick collapsed into the passenger seat and threw the package on the back seat whilst Sarah placed the food shopping carefully in the boot.

Sarah slid into the driving seat and the couple headed for home.

Nick hoped Sarah didn't notice but after all the tension and worrying and now suddenly being released from it had made Nick start tearing up. He wiped his nose and his eyes were watering but he avoided saying or doing anything to attract his wife’s attention. This trip had just been too much for him.

Sarah did notice that Nick was upset, but felt that after everything he had just gone through it would be better for her to just let him think she hadn't noticed. So she sat in silence and processed her own emotions from the momentous trip.

There were conflicting emotions in the car, in the quiet journey back to the house.

Nick was mortified, he had never felt so embarrassed or humiliated as he had that day. The change, he noted, between a couple of days ago and now felt huge. The reason it felt huge, was because it was huge. Nick had gone from being someone who passed the buck and just coasted along with others doing the work for him, a person who rarely if ever left his comfort zone to a person who had been continually forced out of it. He felt like a wreck.

Sarah would agree that the changes in the last day or so were huge. She had gone very quickly from having to put up with Nick making her do all the chores and never pulling his weight in the relationship to feeling totally in control of the relationship. The difference a day made, she thought, was pretty incredible.

One thing was for sure. Sarah knew that she had Nick in the palm of her hand. It was now up to her whether she took complete control of the relationship for good or teach Nick some responsibility and make this a growing process for him. She hadn't yet made her mind up what to do, all she knew was she was enjoying the journey so far.

• Like 7

Sara will soon find that she has to take total control and Nick will soon learn that Sara should be in control of his life. From there it could get interesting, but I expect that nappies are going to be a constant in his life going forward. Ohhhh, so exciting!