LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Molicare Vs Abena Vs Tena

I've used Tena slips (Super and Maxi) and Abena (Xplus) many times in the past. I use them just for fun (or at least that what I tell myself) and don't have to wear them overnight, although I sometimes do. I've got about a 36" waist and therefore have tried both medium and large.

One nappy I've never tried is the Molicare, and now the shop up the road is stocking them, I'm keen to try them. This is mainly out of curiousity. Maybe some people who have experience of all three brands can give me some advice:

1) How do they fit? Some say better than the others? I've found both Abena and Tena perfect when sitting, but less good walking around.

2) What model to try? In general I find Maxi/Xplus are overkill for just fun wetting, and in fact my favourite nappy in the past has been the Abriwing, since it is so good when walking around and is so easy to put on when standing. Maybe I should avoid the super plus and try one of the lesser models?

3) I'm not sure I like the idea of purple or blue, although a decade or so ago the purple was *the* nappy of choice on the first websites I saw.

4) Size? How do medium fit? Someone said that the plastic was slightly stretch, so maybe medium would be fine (I find it a little tight on Tena and Abena... although their large are just too big really)

Thanks,

Tad.

I have worn Molicare many times in the past. Im not sure I can help you on size, since I only have me to go by (though the medium are a little big on me so they might be fine on you)

As for absorbancy, they are generally pretty good, though I found they had a tendancy to over flow if you're a big wetter. If you just go in small amounts then they can hold alot. Also they're pretty good for #2... erm, or so Im told :blush:

The purple colour isnt overwhelmingly bright, so i didnt really find it a problem, but I suppose if you're one of those people who loves their plain white nappies it might be a little odd to you.

The fit is also very good on me. They are the right shape, very snug, and the tapes hold up really well. The only thing I didnt like is that I found them to be a little uncomfortable. As in the outer shell plastic is pretty tough and rigid to start with, so you need to wear one for a while or keep them stored out of the packet for a long time in order for the plastic to become soft and flexible.

Other than that I found them to be very good nappies :)

I have worn Molicare many times in the past. Im not sure I can help you on size, since I only have me to go by (though the medium are a little big on me so they might be fine on you)

As for absorbancy, they are generally pretty good, though I found they had a tendancy to over flow if you're a big wetter. If you just go in small amounts then they can hold alot. Also they're pretty good for #2... erm, or so Im told :blush:

The purple colour isnt overwhelmingly bright, so i didnt really find it a problem, but I suppose if you're one of those people who loves their plain white nappies it might be a little odd to you.

The fit is also very good on me. They are the right shape, very snug, and the tapes hold up really well. The only thing I didnt like is that I found them to be a little uncomfortable. As in the outer shell plastic is pretty tough and rigid to start with, so you need to wear one for a while or keep them stored out of the packet for a long time in order for the plastic to become soft and flexible.

Other than that I found them to be very good nappies :)

I hope they have made changes to molicare since I last tried it, because then, at that time, they seemed to be fitted for a box. Hmm how many incontinent boxes are around.

I hope they have made changes to molicare since I last tried it, because then, at that time, they seemed to be fitted for a box. Hmm how many incontinent boxes are around.

Hummm, I don't think I'm box-shaped! I got the impression that Molicare would be better, not worse, when it came to fit.

It is clear that "good fit" for one person is not always the same for someone else. I've noticed how some nappies are for comfy for sitting, some for sleeping, but apart from the abriwing, I've not been impressed with them when standing or walking around. I guess we are not the target audience.

I'd love to find a nappy where the fluff did not droop after a bit of moving around, and where it would wick liquid from the front to the back - I hate how nappies can be sodden at the front yet bone dry over the whole of the back... seams such a waste!

Tad.

I confirm that Molicare Super Plus diapers at the first moment are a bit more "rigid" than Abriforms and Tenas, but they tend to adapt to the body just after some minutes of wearing. One of the "pros" of Molicares is that wetness distributes itself in a quite uniform way all around the diaper, so that when you need to change it, it's because it can't really hold any more. The tapes are really good, way better than Tenas' tapes (these ones tend to rip apart after some time, at least on me). Just to use a metaphore to better express myself, if AbriForm X-Plus is the Rolls-Royce of the diapers, Molicare Super Plus is a Bentley, both are "top level diapers".

Guest diamondback688

love the metaphore...LOL...as for molicare super plus, i have had no problems with them...they adapt to my body quite well and like quattrus said, the wetness is spread through out the diaper instead of staying in the front when you pee...

I wear tena slip maxi and they are the best nappy by far i have tryed so many diffrent nappies and always go back to tena. They are white and have purple strip on them i wear large and can get 4-5 large wetting out of them and they hold everything. the tapes on them are great hold all day they are bulky but that dose not bother me as i love bulky nappies.

Nappyman :)

I'll rate 2 outta' 3: The Molicres are a good diaper, I use it when I'm out and about during the day: When I go on road trips and the only time I'm going to stop is for gas I'll use the Abena, holds alot, I'll easily get 5-6 hrs before needing a change. As for the Tena, I tried those once many years ago (not sure if they were the maxi's or not--the ones I had were green with a cloth like cover) and wasn't overly satisified with them.

Well if you get the regular molicare or molicare supers then they have breathable cloth like sides. The super plus is all plastic backed so i have been told.

I'm wearing a Molicare Super right now... they don't have breathable cloth sides. Maybe you're thinking of the Tena Supers which do have breathable cloth sides? The tapes on the Molicares are fantastic, probalby the best. I don't have any problems with the tapes on the Tena Supers in specific. I find the Abena tapes to be the worst.

If you're in bed and not moving the Abenas can hold a small lake but I find that if you're active and moving around a lot they don't hold a candle to the durability of the Molicares and Tenas. I've gone for 8 hours without a change in each (during the day... moving around a lot) and they were still holding up. Everytime I've tried Abenas the plastic would stretch, the tapes would come off or the tape would rip right off the plastic. My experience is that if my diaper isn't fitting well (taped and snug) I'm going to get leaks. For that reason Molicare Super Plus and Tena Supers are my first choices for heavy heavey heavy go for a long time without a diaper change diapers and Molicare Supers are my choice for daytime, need to be discrete and go for a long time without a change diapers. YMMV

I agree with Juliabam - molicare doesnt fit as well as other diapers that I have worn. Out of the three we are talking about - my choice is Abena.

Unfortunatley Tena Flex isnt offered in US (hint hint - business opportunity here). Ive tried Tena classic (cloth outter) and they were awsome fit but not much on absorbancy.

• 3 years later...

ive only ever tried the tena slip maxi and they seem great - but the x-plus does boast a larger absorbancy! Also x-plus are harder to get in UK. Whats the deal with these 'cuddlz' nappies by the way? they any good?