LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

No More "Friends" a result of Board Upgrade?

It seems, unless I'm missing something, or unless it's another bug, that we've lost the ability to have "friends" on our profiles now & that all we can do is "follow" other users, sort of like on Twitter, has anyone else noticed this & is it true? It's no big deal & I know we're still having some intermittent issues it seems & I don't want to bother Mike or the Mods since it's no big deal, still I am curious,

Rockies Fan.

• Like 1

It appears as if the board is becoming a Facebook clone and "Friends" is replaced by "Follow"

• Like 1

I've seen various people bring this up and every time I ask them a question but have never got a good answer back...

What does/did the friends feature actually do? Always seemed to just sit there and people would add themselves to your friends even if you had never spoken to them before!

But to answer the question, from the looks of it invision removed it to add a followers feature instead which I'm guessing does the same thing, which is to say, absolutely nothing!

There is still a lot of data transferring and stuff (I think) so there is a chance your followers list will get all your old friends on it, or they might be wiped... Might be a case of, wait and see.

Thanks Mike. I thought so, but I wasn't sure & didn't want to bother you with all of the busyness going on, hence why I posted it here instead of in the support form.

Rockies Fan.

• Like 1

I've seen various people bring this up and every time I ask them a question but have never got a good answer back...

What does/did the friends feature actually do? Always seemed to just sit there and people would add themselves to your friends even if you had never spoken to them before!

But to answer the question, from the looks of it invision removed it to add a followers feature instead which I'm guessing does the same thing, which is to say, absolutely nothing!

There is still a lot of data transferring and stuff (I think) so there is a chance your followers list will get all your old friends on it, or they might be wiped... Might be a case of, wait and see.

From what I see in my profile "follow>options is that when you post, those who follow you are Notified that you posted new material. Facebook had both "Follow" and "Frineds"

Could always just check you posts like I do, no notifications just remember where you posted and go look...

And as DD has said multiple times, bear with us whilst everything updates and when things are done see what the finished product is rather than just writing it off when it isn't fully functioning yet.

This, and going into your email spam folder. Click on a DD email, and mark it as NOT spam.

Dosent help much as it says " the admin has disabled this option being toggled" so I/WE cant turn off e-mail notifications

If I remember correctly the up/down vote system was removed because people were using it inappropriately. I don't think that had anything to do with invision, more the members of this site. Unless I am mistaken of course.

Also I just had a look at the notifications, I turned off the e-mail notifications it would let me turn off and after I clicked it save it had turned all the e-mail notifications off, including the ones I couldn't toggle.

The website is still migrating data so I wouldn't rule out your friends and followers lists being merged, otherwise see it as an opportunity to have your friends list cleaned out and just re-add the people you want ;)

@ Dubious:I'm looking at your settings in your profile. You have "automatically follow" toggled "on" for content you post or reply to. This will generate email notifications for either. You also have ":one email per week" selected as how to be notified. There does not appear to be any option to not receive any emails at all :o You have also selected to receive email notification when somebody comments on something you "follow" and for when somebody sends you a PM message.

While I like certain elements of the board upgrade, there are definitely others that I'm not as fond of, such as Display Names and Logins being completely identical now.

Yeah, a little warning on that fact would have been nice. I thought at first the update caused my account to get deleted.

yeah im with the few others i cant remember the names of everone so i used my friends list to see last online and what not. now i have no idea abot that because "follow" is so much better then actual friends............

Is it wrong for me to suggest that if you can't remember their names they probably weren't great friends?! In fact, if you don't remember their names but like to look at their content would that be considered... Following? ;)

Midwest Babygirl, I think that may have been an unexpected consequence of the upgrade, a few people had problems with that, I think it was more a case of not knowing that that would be a problem created.

Things are still updating and changing so lets be patient for a bit longer and then see where we stand at the end of it. Change always brings new problems and things that need to be adapted to or remade. But like DD said, the change is necessary for updated security stuff as much as anything else.