LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New mommy (potentially)

Hi everyone! I'm not exactly new to the community, per say. I've RP'd being a parent before but I've never actually done it in real life before. Now I find myself with the possibility of actually taking care of a very close friend who recently told me about being a DL, but wants to explore the possibility of other areas of the spectrum. I'm more than willing to do this, as I never thought I would have the chance to do this with anyone for real. But I have to admit I'm more nervous than I thought. I'm just a little nervous that I might not know what to do innately, or that things might be a bit awkward at first in transitioning between our friendship and this new relationship. I guess I'm just looking for some advice and reassurance. If anyone has any tips for how to make this as smooth as possible and comfortable for him, because he's pretty apprehensive as well, they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :]

Hi everyone! I'm not exactly new to the community, per say. I've RP'd being a parent before but I've never actually done it in real life before. Now I find myself with the possibility of actually taking care of a very close friend who recently told me about being a DL, but wants to explore the possibility of other areas of the spectrum. I'm more than willing to do this, as I never thought I would have the chance to do this with anyone for real. But I have to admit I'm more nervous than I thought. I'm just a little nervous that I might not know what to do innately, or that things might be a bit awkward at first in transitioning between our friendship and this new relationship. I guess I'm just looking for some advice and reassurance. If anyone has any tips for how to make this as smooth as possible and comfortable for him, because he's pretty apprehensive as well, they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :]

This is the typical answer everyone seems to get around here but anyway, the key thing for a successful little/big relationship is communication

I'd say before engagin any kind of situation/play/experience try to understand the mindset he tries to achieve during his "little mode" in order for you to be more comfortable and more prepared with what you will encounter your friend expressing in front of you. Really talk about it a lot, discuss feelings, boundaries, vocabulary, reactions, attitudes and may be the most important of the all EXPECTATIONS.

Tell your little to really give thought to what he wants from this experiece you'll be both sharing, ask him to really go all the way with details, not just actual touching, but also all other aspects of it as well. I find myself without an exact word to describe this, I usually use "energy", but things like your voice, your eyes, your mouth. You can transmit several different feelings through them all, a stern look, a loving look, a strong dominant voice, a caring-understanding whisper, a gentle smile or a serious expression. Ask your little what kind of Caregiver personality would make him feel more comfortable in order to make him feel more relaxed, safe and comfortable to truly express his little side. Tell him to make a list, write it down or whatever, just make him understand he must have a rather clear idea what he wants.

Also, you must know more or less what you pretend to take out of this experience, right? be sure to have that pretty much figured out, keep it in your mind, analize it, try to visualize yourself going through it and ask yourself... "Is this really working for me? am I enjoying this? is this fullfiling in any way?" Are you comfortable with changing diapers? breastfeeding? what happens if he gets "excited" down there? what if he is naughty? what if he wants a spanking? this are all questions you need to ask yourself, how would you react to certain situations a little might be after? Once you have that then you can write it down (or not) and share it with your little.

Just sit down, drink something with him, relax, talk as friends and express their expectations, if you both seem convinced about it I say go for it, you'll have a great time :D

Edited by diapeep

Ditto what diapeep said. Learning from each other is the best way to make an AB/Mommy or any other relationship work long term. Make sure you both know what each others expectations are for what you will be taking away. Make sure it's balanced and not one sided toward one or the other. AB and DL's in general have a way of taxing a Mommies or Daddies ability to give, by constantly taking and giving nothing in return. Their expectation is you do all the work, I'm just going to wet and mess my diapers, eat and sleep...nice fantasy, but the reality is, we are adults with adult responsibilities; bills to pay; jobs that have to be done to earn an income; family to take care; clothing, shelter and more are needed for daily survival.

Fantasy is a great fun place to play and enjoy the time together, but there also are adult needs, emotional, spiritual, and physical men and women need. Those have to figured into any adult relationship, or someone will feel cheated and eventually will tire and want out.

• 4 months later...