LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Luvs pull ups

Luvs did at one time make a pull up like goodnites, but KCK sued P&G because goodnights were still copyright protected and luvs had to stop making their Sleep Dry's products

Luvs did at one time make a pull up like goodnites, but KCK sued P&G because goodnights were still copyright protected and luvs had to stop making their Sleep Dry's products

It would have been a patent lawsuit, not a copyright lawsuit if KCC sued P&G, but still, do you have a source for this? I don't recall Luvs SleepDrys ever being the subject of a lawsuit, and everything I've found about them suggests that they were discontinued because their sales were abysmal and nobody was buying them.

Luvs has always been the discount diaper brand, so there's not a lot of reason for P&G to innovate there. But now there's other players in the market like Kirkland and Target so who knows. I remember when Pampers made Pampers Trainers. It was right when Pull Ups came out.

Luvs has always been the discount diaper brand, so there's not a lot of reason for P&G to innovate there. But now there's other players in the market like Kirkland and Target so who knows. I remember when Pampers made Pampers Trainers. It was right when Pull Ups came out.

That's actually not true. Luvs started out as a Premium diaper brand and remained a "premium" brand up until some time around the turn of the century. It was only when Luvs finally switched to cloth-like covers that their quality took a noticeable nosedive, and P&G really decided to start treating them as a "budget" diaper. (The switch to the cloth-like cover was coincidental, KCWW had switched Huggies several years earlier without an issue, and P&G had switched Pampers a few years before switching Luvs.) P&G cut a lot of corners when they introduced the cloth-like cover to turn Luvs into a budget line, but as far as budget lines go they were still respectable diapers.

• 2 weeks later...

I completely disagree. Although current luvs may not be as high quality as the old ones, the are still leaps and bounds ahead of the competeing brands. Tapes are stronger and stretchier, capacity is unmatched, and the inside doesnt clump and fall apart. They also keep skin dry and dont leave a greasy slimy residue behind, like pampers or huggies. Ontop of all of that they are also thinner than both other brands when dry. Luvs will always be top on my list.

• 1 year later...

I totally agree. LUVs should definitely make some pull-ups. Apparently they did make some in the 90's and they were plastic backed. If they were still in production I would buy some in a heartbeat.

• 3 months later...