LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Rubber Sheets  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do you sleep on a rubber sheet?

• Yes, but under a cloth bottom sheet
    • Yes, under a cloth bottom sheet with a smallll waterproof shett over that
    • Yes, under a cloth bottom sheet with a small waterproof sheet over that with either a cloth side or with absorban cloth over that
    • I sleep right on the rubber sheet
    • I sleep between two rubber sheets since I am a heavy wetter
  2. 2. It is

• The Classic ivery/white one
    • One of the brown ones
    • The red English ones
    • Ohter
  3. 3. Does it have a noticeable "rubber sheet" smell

• Yes
    • No

When I was little, babies and bedwetters often had a rubber sheet on the bed, usually a smooth ivory one like BABYKINS sells that covered the whole matress and had a very distinctive smell. We had one the last of which I saw was in the mid 1970's; it was never put on my bed, though. Also there ware those in shades of brown that had no stretchiness and had "pebbled" finishes. This was in addition to "diapers and rubber panties"

Sometimes you would be threatened with being made to sleep right on the rubber sheet. Or, if Mama did not wish to have to change and wash the bottom sheets "all the time: Water is expensive [this was 10-15 years after the Depression, before fitted mattress covers,dryers were common and wrinkle-free fabrics] and I have work to do", she would put a smaller rubber sheet over the bottom sheet across the bed where your hips were or would put you to bed right on the rubber sheet. If your rubber panties let any of the wet onto the sheet, she would wipe it off or damp-wipe it and let the sheet air-dry as part of "airing out" the bed

If you really had a problem and got the top sheet wet or she was "fed up with your antics [read 'laziness']", (rare) there would be a rubber top sheet

And you did not want Mama telling anyone that you sleep on a rubber sheet or worse, between rubber sheets, Especially if you were a boy (as if little girls did not have any feelings)

As a youth, I had a rubber sheet under my bottom sheet. (reddish-brown) Don't need one now, as I'm daytime IC only at the moment.

CD- you are missing the "No" answer in your questionaire.

As a youth, I had a rubber sheet under my bottom sheet. (reddish-brown) Don't need one now, as I'm daytime IC only at the moment.

CD- you are missing the "No" answer in your questionaire.

Why would someone to whom this is irrelevant participate? So "no" is meaningless here since it provides no information of interest. If none of the others are true, then "no" is true by default

Why would someone to whom this is irrelevant participate? So "no" is meaningless here since it provides no information of interest. If none of the others are true, then "no" is true by default

This is about who does, not who does not. This is not a full-population demographic poll. just as this sub forum is about cloth diapers, not throw-aways. I considered the "no" option but concluded it would just at bulk but no meat

Because your results are skewed. Right now, 100% of your responders sleep on a rubber sheet. If that is what you are driving for, then that is what you got. Just sayin' it aint accurate.

If it is "what I was driving for" and what I got, then, by nature, it is 100% accurate, just as "Cloth Diapers and Panties is for those who use...Guess what. This is not a demographic survey, it is a niche poll. You do not see me in throw-away diaper or sissy polls

• 11 months later...

Growing up in the 1950s/60s, I had an amber latex rubber sheet on my bed to keep it dry.

Nowadays, I use a store-bought fitted waterproof/fabric sheet.

My cloth diapers and plastic pants do a good job.

However, I do have an old-fashioned rose-colored latex rubber pant in my drawers. It was free with a MyProtex purchase. I wore rubber pants as a baby.

6786634.jpg

This is what I have: A babkykins

chrisbed2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

And what I sleep in when it is summer

rubbersheet.jpg

Also my Dollies, the diaper and snap on panties, the rubber panties and the pearlescent rubber babydoll and its panties that will be on me

• 6 years later...

Where do you get them

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225032075721

The rubber sheet was more a "little" thing than a baby thing A baby did not know what it was, but if you were a little and got it put on your bed, even under the bottom sheet. It meant you were "still a baby". A few years ago one of, I think, a DL's wife put a rubber sheet under the bottom sheet of the bed and he got annoyed. What says "babygirl" more than a PINK rubber sheet? I hope it has the right smell

pink%20rubber%20sheet.jpg

This is the rubber sheet. It id s ystf wide and either 1 or 2 meters long. I suspect it may have been designed as a "draw" sheet but it can be put lengthwise over a twin bed if you can attach tuck flaps

It is pastel turcquoise on one side and peach pink, like Playtex rubber panties on the other. The smell is not the "classic" rubber but something almost like baby powder.

Is it authentic? The classic ivory was not the only rubber sheet of the time, there were others one that I rmember was a small one that had a pebbled finish, not stretchy and the color of a BM stain. This feels like a regular rubber sheet and would be very similar to something Mommy would buy at a baby store; one color on one side and another on the other, though the colors were usually ivory and pink, often peach pink like this one  with grommets at the corners and the smell would be authentic

This would be right at home on a little's bed in 1949, 50 or 52 and if it was a little boy, Mommy might put it pink side up just to stikc the shiv in harder; "you want to wet like a baby girl, you can sleep on a baby girl's rubber sheet". I will do a better post elsewhere, this is just to make it known that it is in and pretty good, would be an A if it smelled like the classical rubber sheet, maybe the powder smell will wear off and it will or maybe you should wet it and let it smell  like that

Growing up I had a rubber sheet on my bed. It was under the bottom sheet but just covered the center of the mattress from side to side. I'll never understand what was going on in my mother's head because she didn't keep me in diapers at night. I was a heavy wetter despite the no drinking anything in the evening rule and many nights the top sheet and even blanket were soaked and the mattress got wet anyway because the wetness went beyond the rubber bottom sheet. One thing I can say about rubber versus a vinyl sheet is the rubber was quiet where the vinyl was more noticeable when you sat on the bed because of the crinkle, especially as the vinyl sheet aged and got more brittle. Sometime in the sixties my mother bought a fitted vinyl sheet which stayed on my bed until I was almost 18. I don't have a waterproof sheet on my bed because my cloth diapers and Gary 7 mil. plastic pants work well.

Hugs

Freta

When I was little, if you had one, (rubber sheet or diaper) you usually had the other

The idea was this, you had a rubber sheet that covered the mattress, then a bottom sheet then the draw rubber sheet acrosss the bed and either that was it or there would be a piece of absorbant material over that and then a diaper. Most did not do it that way since it was a long process and just put a rubber sheet on the mattress and a bottom sheet over that. Some put a rubber sheet like this one over the bottom sheet and the person slept on it and some just had the rubber sheet that covered the mattress and you slept on that, which was really the second most common as Mom did not want to bother with having a botton sheet to have to wash.  But rubber sheet and rubber  panties went together most of the time

A couple more things:

In the AB world, the ruabber sheet is not a "baby" thing but a "little" or "kid" thing

Now that I have identified two kinds of rubber sheet. What is the story/ Where did our parents get the ivory ones I think they came from rools at either fabric or hardware stores. In a fallout shelter manual that was distributed via the school I went to in 1959 there was a list of things to have on hand, one of those was "rubber sheeting". That implies that such was readily available. The rubber sheets that are like the one listed here were bought at bedding and baby stores or in the baby departments at department stores or even 5&10's which either had no smell at all or smelled different from the "classic"

Now, as to the ivory generic rubber sheet. I do not know where  our parents goet them. I would say, apparently, they just got them at a general location, maybe a hardware, fabric or upholstery store, and they smelled as they did and it meant nothing to them since they were grownups and that was just the way rubber smelled. To us it was tied to bedwetting and being babified and we were very young so the smell sticks in our brain associated with that and we respond differently to smell than to sight. In 1963, I picked up a rubber sheet at Newberry's (a five and dime) in Newport, RI It was small and rectangnular, maybe good to put down on a seat. It was pink on one side and grayish ivory on the other with grommets. It had a strange, somewhat unpleasant smell. So we know how late some form of rubber sheet was being used

In England, the classic rubber sheet is red and Mackintosh still sells some that are red on one side and blue on the other I have seen them on Ebay

On 11/16/2022 at 10:05 AM, FretaBWet said:

Growing up I had a rubber sheet on my bed. It was under the bottom sheet but just covered the center of the mattress from side to side. I'll never understand what was going on in my mother's head because she didn't keep me in diapers at night. I was a heavy wetter despite the no drinking anything in the evening rule and many nights the top sheet and even blanket were soaked and the mattress got wet anyway because the wetness went beyond the rubber bottom sheet. One thing I can say about rubber versus a vinyl sheet is the rubber was quiet where the vinyl was more noticeable when you sat on the bed because of the crinkle, especially as the vinyl sheet aged and got more brittle. Sometime in the sixties my mother bought a fitted vinyl sheet which stayed on my bed until I was almost 18. I don't have a waterproof sheet on my bed because my cloth diapers and Gary 7 mil. plastic pants work well.

Hugs

Freta

As long as you do ig right. I have had occasional leaka so discretion is the better part of valor, Especially when it is the mattress that you are asking to be valorous