LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Solutions for a side-sleeper?

I do very close to baby Brian but I use a cheap disposable from Walmart as my first diaper. Since I now mess at night or first thing when I wake up the disposable makes clean up quick and easy. I cut a few slots in the diaper to allow the wetness to soak into my cloth diaper I wear over the disposable. Since I started this combo I have no leaks and all messes are contained in the disposable so my cloth diapers stay free from poop and my bed stays dry.

Some find lined plastic panties to be adequate in preventing leaks, some use cloth diapers over disposable diapers, there are several solutions you can try :) To start with I hope you're using premium diapers and not the cheapo's which will not work for this (they hardly work at all, really). That's a good place to start if you ain't there yet ;) "Stuffers" of some sort may help but they seem to need the diaper to fit tightly so that they catch everything. I've wished for ages that somebody would make a better disposable for us side-sleepers but so far nobody has :( Maybe someday! Till then keep trying different methods till you find what works for you.

• 3 months later...

Side sleeper also and disposable diaper leaks are a common thing I just place a washable under pad down to catch the leaks

That is the best answer - I use a bath towel with a 2 yd pce of PVC H.D. as an under-pad works great even if it leaks the towel catches anything that comes out. RELAX AND PEE FREELY.

I wear cloth over my disposable and a plastic pant to top it off.

In general the disposable takes care of 90% of the urine and the cloth will take care of the remaining 10%.

So far never ever in my life I came across a disposable whom was able to deal with night time wetting.

Especially now that over the last couple of years more and more manufactures turned cotton feel instead of a foil backing.

For me this turned out to be the best solution so far.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I am also a side sleeper (and recently became a bedwetter) - what I found, besides using a premium disposable like Abena 4s or comfidry is that junior needs to be pointed down toward the crotch of your diaper, and secondly I started sleeping so that while my shoulders were sideways, the lower part of my body was face down.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a few pairs of cloth lined plastic pants that I wear over my disposables at night. I also do the normal try not to drink too much and go pee before bed. My gf scolds me if I don't try to go before diapering up.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a side sleeper, and not only do I wear a cloth diaper with plastic pants, I put two blue Chux pads underneath me. Underneath that I put one of my worn-out cloth diapers (no longer useful as a diaper, but perfect as a pad)

• 1 month later...

I know of two solutions other than cloth diapers. The first is to wear a condom catheter, also called a Texas catheter, inside your diaper. That helps to ensure your urine goes to the center of the diaper wear the leg guards will catch in.

The second is to wear a pair of flannel-lined plastic pants over your disposable. Plastic pants alone won't stop side leaks, but if they are cloth-lined they will.

a proper plastic diaper and some packaging tape around the waist for that tight fit that stays the whole duration of the diaper, cause I find that any diaper I use will leak through the waist if I do not use extra tape

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 years later...

I had a post-lockdown week staying at the seaside with our grandchildren.  My disps leaked every night.

I put a rubber sheet over the mattress, covered the bottom sheet with a washable bedpad and used disp bedpads on top of that.

The nights were not a relaxing holiday.

I.M.H.O. disps and pullups are little more than oversized menstrual pads

• 8 months later...
On 6/13/2015 at 3:06 AM, Hookedondiapers said:

Cloth diapers work very well for side sleepers.

Hi there,

I am a chronic bed wetter and I wear cloth diapers.  Since I'm a side sleeper, first I put on a thick cotton pull-up, then a regular diaper, usually with an extra soaker insert.  Then I wear PUL pants over all of that.  I hardly ever leak with all this protection.

Honestly I have allways found cloth to be the best for that. With good decently sized plastic pants. Cloth the wetness will wick around to saturate the whole diaper, with disposables, it only wicks a few inches in my experence

• 1 month later...

I have found a Better Dry and the double Terry-lined plastic pants from Babykins to work splendidly.  Haven't had a leak in two months and the plastic pants are easy to clean.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

As long as my male parts are pointing down and the diaper is really tight on thighs, side sleeping is not a major concern for leaks.

Diapers with high pulp/SAP ratio, such as Molicare, will also allow a greater wetness dispersion and reduce the chances of leaks.