LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Urge incontienence on topamax.

Hi peeps!

I'm new here. I've been an abdl for years. Recently I've been diagnosed with migraines and undergoing testing to see if I have intercranial hypertension. I am on topamax. Has anyone else experienced some urge incontienence on this medicine? I read that it's a side effect on this and seemingly a lot on anti seizure/antidepressants meds. Waiting to hear back from my doc right now but I've had a few accidents already and I've been on it about 3 weeks.

Welcome to the site ;) It's a sad state of affairs when you have to choose between problems to solve the worse one but that is the current state of Medicine. It's the best we humans can do at this point. I'm not on that or any Med, but I have UI and SI issues and there are discreet ways to deal with this. Those choices will be based on your needs and situation. If the problem is small and you have access to a private toilet and discreet storage/disposal, pads may be enough for you. If not you may want a higher level of protection- that is what I have to deal with at work myself. I think your best approach at this point it to begin wearing some form of protection to mitigate any accidents until you're settled on a more permanent solution to your problems. It's just doing what you need to in order to get through life as best you can so don't feel any shame or worry over this- it could happen to anyone.

• Like 1

Hi and welcome to DD. I hope your urges are at least manageable with that medication. I've never been on that one, but I am urge incontinence and know those side effects from all kinds of meds.

Yeah, some meds effects do lessen with time, some do not. If this med is working good on you headaches and you want to keep taking it, then you may very well need to start wearing a "just in case" diaper.

Generally with urges you'll be "flooding" the diaper more often than not. Unfortunately this means just about any store bought brand won't be enough to contain it, and will leak on the first wetting (I should know). If this is the case for you then I'd recommend something like Molicare Supers, Northshore supreme, or (my favorite), Confidry 24/7.

• 2 weeks later...

Dry 24/7's are great you could also try the Abena Level 4 diapers I use both cloth and plastic backed versions and Dry 24/7's

If you want plastic backed diapers my recommendation is dry 24/7 they are absorbant and comfortable and I can wear a medium in them but need a large in the Abena line of diapers.

• 4 weeks later...

I was on topamax but it never resulted in control issues with my bladder. It did result in about a 40 lb weight loss and more aggressive behavior. Both of which were great. However, it didn't control my seizures so it was pretty worthless. Now I'm back on Depakote and fat again

• 3 weeks later...

I was on that drug for a while. Didn't care for it for several reasons...one was in fact that it made me have urgency.
No incontinence.

But urgency, yes. Annoying but not the end of the world.