LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Looking for advice in preventing bedwetting...

Hey all,

Over the past 6 months, my life has entered a new realm of "stressful" and my body seems to be wearing down. More specifically, I have had a handful of episodes over this past half-year where I've woken up in the morning with a noticeable wet spot in my boxer briefs. (Thankfully, the sheets have been spared during each event.) The latest episode was last night and I've reached my tipping point.

My concern is that, while I enjoy occasionally indulging In diaper-wearing, I have ZERO interest in needing them for any reason. I haven't wet the bed since I was 6 years old and I'm not looking to start again. But, because of these rare events (4 in 6 months), I worry every night now that I'll wake up to another wet spot or even worse (impacting my bedsheets).

I wanted to get input from you all before I schedule a doctor's appointment to see if anyone's had a similar experience or any advice in preventing these occurrences. I'm mainly worried that this could be a sign of diabetes or another underlying problem like that.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

-- Poetry of Life

I agree get a waterproof mattress protector also get a couple of reusable absorbent pad with waterproof backing I have 2 that I can swap out they are about 36"x54" and cost under $30.00 each. This way you only have to clean the pad if you get a wet spot. You can go with smaller pads but I find the larger one works best if you toss and turn at night.

We have a mattress protector as well but the nice thing with the pads if my diaper leaks and hits the pad I can simply remove the pad when I get up and do not have to wake my wife to change the sheets,

If you have a wet spot nightly then may be grab a couple more pads so you are not having to do laundry every day.

The Priva mattress pads can be washed and dried 300 times if I remember correctly

If the spot is so little, then maybe you could just use a pad instead? Hopefully, the difference between a pad and a diaper is big enough, pragmatically and psychologically, that you don't feel like you're wearing (or needing) a diaper when you use a pad!

Poetry of Life: I agree that it's best to use a mattress protector if your a bedwetter even if you wear a diaper. But I'm not sure it's bedwetting if there's not enough urine to wet the sheets. Its probably from wet dreams or maybe just minor leakage. Because I experience incomplete bladder voiding I can get residual leakage if I get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. One remedy that sometimes works for me is to sit on the toilet to pee. If you do experience bedwetting you should look for and adjust the triggers which for a lot of adults includes alcohol consumption especially within a few hours of going to bed. Also for me I never drink coffee or tea beyond the late afternoon. There's always the common sense approach too which many of us were subjected to growing up like consuming no liquids after dinner and urinating immediately before going to bed as well as maintaining consistent bedtimes.