LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Decade Is It For Your Inner Child?

TalkBoy

The 60s for me, the era of my adult kid age 8, great music and as a child I was insulated from the turmoil of that eventful decade. But also a mix of the current, with so many advantages and conveniences. For me, it's less about being someone *in* the specific decade and more about having access to specific memories and to the feelings of the time.

• 4 weeks later...

The 90s absolutely. My childhood revolves around it much of the media of that time. Toys wise I played with a mix of anything from the 90s or further back, we had a lot of hand-me-downs and things from the past few decades. My grandparents had stuff going quite far back into the 1900s.

But yeah, the 90s for the most part. There are bits from the early 2000s that are also relevant, and I haven't really pinned down a particular 'area' for an adult kid side but I know it'll be the 90s somewhere.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm somewhat of a mix of 1980s and modern. I was a child of the '80s, so that holds a lot of nostalgia for me. At the same time, seeing pictures of me as an infant/toddler, the car seats, high chairs, and cribs nowadays are so much better. I prefer the plastic back used on diapers when I was that age but the modern prints and packaging are nicer looking. Google shows some cute designs from that time that I would probably like, but I only remember plain white diapers.

I prefer the cartoons that showed back then ('80s cartoons and reruns of cartoons from '60s and '70s) and don't really care for most modern cartoons save for a few Disney Junior shows like Sofia the First. I am somewhat of an electronics/computer nerd who likes modern tech but also has a strong nostalgia for the Atari 2600, Commodore 64, Apple IIe, old Macs and PCs, VCRs, etc...from the '80s and early '90s that I cut my teeth on.

I had this concept for a town just for Littles and their Bigs, AB-DLs, etc...which has different sections for different decades ('50s, '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, and contemporary) with full immersion (minus the discrimination of course) where littles could live 24/7 as themselves. The stores would be period appropriate and sell furniture, clothing, and diapers sized for us in the infant/toddler/kids section.

17 hours ago, Princess Pampers said:

I'm somewhat of a mix of 1980s and modern. I was a child of the '80s, so that holds a lot of nostalgia for me. At the same time, seeing pictures of me as an infant/toddler, the car seats, high chairs, and cribs nowadays are so much better. I prefer the plastic back used on diapers when I was that age but the modern prints and packaging are nicer looking. Google shows some cute designs from that time that I would probably like, but I only remember plain white diapers.

I prefer the cartoons that showed back then ('80s cartoons and reruns of cartoons from '60s and '70s) and don't really care for most modern cartoons save for a few Disney Junior shows like Sofia the First. I am somewhat of an electronics/computer nerd who likes modern tech but also has a strong nostalgia for the Atari 2600, Commodore 64, Apple IIe, old Macs and PCs, VCRs, etc...from the '80s and early '90s that I cut my teeth on.

I had this concept for a town just for Littles and their Bigs, AB-DLs, etc...which has different sections for different decades ('50s, '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, and contemporary) with full immersion (minus the discrimination of course) where littles could live 24/7 as themselves. The stores would be period appropriate and sell furniture, clothing, and diapers sized for us in the infant/toddler/kids section.

If you ever start that town, PLEASE let me know. I would LOVE to live there!

Actually, changes tend to start in the middle of a decade. Television, in the US, was around in 1947 (the first HOWDY DOODY, etc) but did not become culturally dominant before 1955 (we got ours in '49). The big change in toys was in the middle '60's with mor TV orinted ones and a real blitz in TV toy commercials in which color played a big part, Pampers started becoming big in about 1969 as the Babyboomers, who had lived fairly prosperous childhoods became adults. Synthesizers in popular music started to become a real thing in the middle 1970's then in the '80's, joined by their kin, samplers, which used may of the synthesizer modules (filter, envelope generators, etc) as well as being multiphonic (Bob Moog's term for "polyphonic"), they just took over as prices went down form the multiple tens of thousiands of dollars for the Synclvier, and Fairlight, (over which so many of us just drooled) which predated 1981 to the Ensoniqs that could be had for anything from 18 to 22 hundred and could chew up the world, along with the Rolands, Korgs and Yamaha classics of thd mid '80's. I saw a printout of a computer music program in 1965 at the University of Rhode Island before integrated circuits were a thing.. Now it is not only "computer music" but the whole creation, plaly, recording, production and distribution system can sit in the corner of a room: Arturia and REAPER rule! Just get decent speakers and a couple of controller modules and you are in busienss, AND if you have some clasic machines, just sample them into your computer on audacity, learn som SDZ file code and BOOM you have created an instrument that something like Sforzando can play. Media. I am past CD's and do not even talk to me about tape I am all aabout USB and SD cards, Especially thanks to Anker and their card reader that looks like a thumbdrive (and I think thumbdrives are obsolete) and will soon be all SSD using hard disk for external archiving and backup. These too came to their own in mid=decade

• 1 month later...

I wish my childhood could’ve actually been in the 2010’s. Way better tv shows and cuter fashions. Besides the decade had the best girls tv shows.

But since I was a kid during the 90’s Disney Princess movies. Some of the first books I read were the Disney Princess books on Tape. 

• 5 months later...

My little is 8 - 10 and is a 70’s boy - the same period I was that age. Cloth nappies and plastic pants for bedwetting and old school y fronts and uniform that I sometimes end up peeing in 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

A bit of everything from the 70s to the present, the particulars depend on my mood. Modern baby and kid gear is better, but some things play on my childhood memories. Printed diapers are much cuter than the utilitarian stuff of the 70s, but a vintage box of Pampers stirs memories of the one that lurked ominously in the bathroom cabinet from the time I was toilet trained til I started school.

Modern strollers look nice and cozy, I'd love to be small enough to fit in one. By comparison the one I was actually pushed around in looks about as inviting as a wheelbarrow.

I guess it depends on the specific thing we're talking about and varies from time to time. My inner child contains multitudes.

• 1 month later...

My inner child is living in the late 90s, eating a Taz Bar, colouring, and watching The Rugrats. She's wearing Huggies*, multicoloured leggings and a Noddy t shirt.

*Real me didn't wear nappies beyond age 2 ?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

My inner baby lives in the modern day. The Pampers diapers of today are much more comfortable and absorbent than the Pampers diapers of the 90s. Today's babies are spoiled, and I wish I was one of them.?? *Crying* I wish I could've been more of a bossy baby, that's one of the many reasons I wanna redo my babyhood!?????❤️? My inner baby also wants to live in the 90s. So that I can grow up in Massachusetts and live together with Tommy.? And play together! And have him show me and teach me what kinda cool toys they had from the 90s. And grow up with his mother instead, and him encourage me to use pacifiers just like him! That way I'll NEVER lose my binky at 6 years old again and hang on to it forever and ever just like Tommy! The best big brother in the world!???☺️??❤️??????????❤️?❤️☺️?❤️?❤️????????❤️???❤️

• Like 1