LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Decade Is It For Your Inner Child?

TalkBoy

Mine would have to be mid 60s to mid 70s which was the actual time I was a child .

I really love everything about that era , cloth diapers were still widely used but disposables were starting to make a good showing on the market . The music was cool and the TV shows were great .

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2015 at 9:05 AM, PrincessAriel said:

The 90´s was when I was little & growing up. Saturday mornings were still reserved for cartoons. I still played video games with my brother and sister. I still went to Disney movies. The internet was new when I was a young teen, in terms of it being available for everyone anyway.

That's the same for me, I like to imagine that I've got a nursery with an old TV and Video player with all my old movie tapes and toys from the 90's

90s. In a lot of ways, and not just for me personally, that decade is feeling like the last good American decade. It was definitely a great time to be a kid. I’d hate having to grow up with social media, the bullshit drama, always being under a microscope and every stupid thing you do being documented.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2018 at 11:03 PM, Guest said:

90s. In a lot of ways, and not just for me personally, that decade is feeling like the last good American decade. It was definitely a great time to be a kid. I’d hate having to grow up with social media, the bullshit drama, always being under a microscope and every stupid thing you do being documented.

While I see my inner child living in the mid-late 80's, I have to agree with you. As someone who also grew up in the 90's, it WAS a good decade to be a kid. Things were still pretty well made back then. I have some toys from that time and they are much better than the ones made today. Also, diapers were still plastic for most of that decade. I have memories of wearing them until I was nearly 5 years old. I also remember seeing the first "cloth-like" disposable diaper and thinking it was rather strange.

However I wasn't really into the pop culture at the time. While all the kids in my second grade class were digging the Backstreet Boys, I was listening to Kenny G, Lee Ritenour, Larry Carlton, and others of that ilk on the smooth jazz station. Yeah, you could still get good music on the radio back then. It wasn't all loud noise and singers that sound more like computers than actual human beings. I do however remember "dancing" to the Macarena at the third grade dance. It was fun!

Yeah, I would hate to be a kid now. Growing up with "smart" phones, anti-social media, mind-numming music, and inane cartoons. How HORRIBLE! Give me Mr. Rogers, good music, and good toys, and my inner child is happy! The 80's and 90's were the best!

CJ

I was born in the mid-1960s, so that time period, with Motown music was my favourite (Diana Ross & the Supremes, the Hollies, the Rolling Stones, the Doors, Broadway showtunes music (like Puppet on a String' from '67), etc... the bright primary colours of '66 (emulated in '85-'86)

I loved 1968 (when I was 2). It seems that fashion colours and the music got darker as the years progressed, until about 1984.  I also loved 1971. Had a neighbourhood friend whose Dad had a '71 Pontiac. Really nice car.

And the years that I spent trying to get my Mom to put me in diapers was 1969 thru about 1972. My Mom stole my innocence by refusing to diaper me. My Dad stole my innocence becuase I was too afraid of him possibly shaming me for wanting diapers again...He had started physically and verbally abusing me in '70. at  my age of 4.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

The 80's. I usually feel most like my little self when watching media from the 80's, but I will play with toys from that time all the way up until now.

Born in 1949, toys were simple, teddy bear, my toy car collection and no television until I was 11 years old, black and white of course. Post war London playing in the old bomb site across the road when I was 7 or 8, hands dirty, knees scratched. Whole days of bicycling around the park, brilliant! Yep, 1950s for me.

• 1 month later...

The best way I can describe it is take feel of an 80s-90s youth adventure movie. Like the Goonies or Stranger Things, then set in the present. So Night in the Woods? Like in my mind alt universe middle me (10-16) is a spunky geeky tomboy punk girl who looks after the younger kids in her neighborhood like a big sister. She's constantly getting into scrapes and adventures when various supernatural weirdness occurs (along with shoving the occasional mean girl in a trashcan for making fun of her "protective underwear"). What problems she can't hack, logic or snark her way through is generally solved with martial arts or great grandpas M1. He considered lucky because of a pattern in the wood grain that looked like a seven pointed star and carried it all the way from Normandy to Berlin.

Also generic  suburban New England setting is a must... ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2019 at 11:07 AM, YourFNF said:

The best way I can describe it is take feel of an 80s-90s youth adventure movie. Like the Goonies or Stranger Things, then set in the present. So Night in the Woods? Like in my mind alt universe middle me (10-16) is a spunky geeky tomboy punk girl who looks after the younger kids in her neighborhood like a big sister. She's constantly getting into scrapes and adventures when various supernatural weirdness occurs (along with shoving the occasional mean girl in a trashcan for making fun of her "protective underwear"). What problems she can't hack, logic or snark her way through is generally solved with martial arts or great grandpas M1. He considered lucky because of a pattern in the wood grain that looked like a seven pointed star and carried it all the way from Normandy to Berlin.

Also generic  suburban New England setting is a must... ?

Sounds like you have a verry well thought out alt universe for your middle side. I like it!

Thanks to all who have posted so far, i really enjoy reading your responses.

CJ

• 3 months later...

It’s the mid 70s. That’s when puberty came, my fetish was born, all of a sudden I was noticing everything to do with diapers and being little.

There are certain Pampers ads from that time that are markers for me of exactly when, and that still instantly bring out my inner little boy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I live in the present.

There's some things I like that are no longer done, like Plastic gripper feet with toecaps on my jammies but that's it really. To me, the past is done and I don't need to recapture whatever happened because I can remember it. Actually, that might a good reason I feel this way is because I'm always told I have a really good memory. I also don't play with or watch baby stuff, I'll wear clothing, diapers, have a little bandanna bib and watch cartoons but nothing I find mind numbingly dumb like that dog force show or whatever that everyone is obsessed with.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Late 70’s early 80’s. The ultimate dream was to have One of the Price is Right  models put me back in diapers. Lol!  Also occasionally getting the courage to swipe one of the diapers from one of the humungo Pampers (sometimes Luvs) boxes in my closet. Sadly they weren’t for me but for cousins and others that were over often  ☹️ 

image.jpeg