LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Decade Is It For Your Inner Child?

TalkBoy

I know some of you probably see your inner child (alter ego) as living in the here and now. However, there are those of us (myself included) who imagine their inner child persona perpetually living in a particular decade. So my question is, what decade is it for your inner child? I will answer this question, but not right away so as not to sway anybody's answer. Thanks for reading.

CJ

The best way for me to answer that would be to say that the culture and things for me really started in about 1948 and started to go away in 1954. I was born in the third quarter of 1945 so I almost split the decades

I imagine myself as a contemporary girl--I figure it would be difficult, if not impossible, to really re-create the years of my early childhood in the '60s. Although--and I realize those of you not close to my age might not know what I'm talking about--on the TV series "Family Affair", the little girl on the show had a doll she called "Mrs. Beasley." One could get a Mrs. Beasley doll in the Sears catalog back then, and I really wanted one. Unfortunately, I was too afraid of my folks' reaction to ever ask them. I'd certainly love to get that doll from ebay now.

Well, I use today's technology to take me back to the Sixties when I was a child. I watch old TV shows every night. The little girl clothes i make resemble what children wore in the Sixties and Seventies with a few cote examples from the Eighties. If I could return to any era--as an adult--it would no doubt be the late Fifties to mid-Sixties...provided I could keep my current salary, that is. Boy, would it be nice to drive one of those old cars when it was brand new.

Well, I use today's technology to take me back to the Sixties when I was a child. I watch old TV shows every night. The little girl clothes i make resemble what children wore in the Sixties and Seventies with a few cote examples from the Eighties. If I could return to any era--as an adult--it would no doubt be the late Fifties to mid-Sixties...provided I could keep my current salary, that is. Boy, would it be nice to drive one of those old cars when it was brand new.

Even though I don't attempt to recreate the era in which I was a child, I think if I had even one of the wonderful outfits you have, I might think differently. Imagine--the red and white gingham dress

• Like 1

My being a 'realist' has struck me again :P My pre-teen self would live in nearly the same era which I actually did, the mid-60's through the mid-70's. You could be a kid back then without fear, and the worst you had to worry about was getting a bad report card from school :o Toys were simple and cool, meant to be shared, and most didn't need batteries :P It was the twilight of innocence in America for kids; things are much different now and I don't think it's better :(

The 90´s was when I was little & growing up. Saturday mornings were still reserved for cartoons. I still played video games with my brother and sister. I still went to Disney movies. The internet was new when I was a young teen, in terms of it being available for everyone anyway.

I imagine myself as a contemporary girl--I figure it would be difficult, if not impossible, to really re-create the years of my early childhood in the '60s. Although--and I realize those of you not close to my age might not know what I'm talking about--on the TV series "Family Affair", the little girl on the show had a doll she called "Mrs. Beasley." One could get a Mrs. Beasley doll in the Sears catalog back then, and I really wanted one. Unfortunately, I was too afraid of my folks' reaction to ever ask them. I'd certainly love to get that doll from ebay now.

Contemporary girls are not as "gendered" as those of two generations past. The de-gendering started with the Gen-X. Also Daycare raised children do not seem to be as individualized and less socially adept as 10 or 12 of similar age, usually toddlers, would be competing for the attention of 2 or 3 workders with less time to develop each one. Dolls became less human looking. I would never have been captivated by a rag or Cabbage Patch doll and dolls have been de-emphasized for girls over the past two generations. Also over the past 40 years children have become sexualized. During the Ramsey murder case I saw clips from some of those pageants. the term that came to mind was "hooker in training" rather than cute. In short, I could never be a contemporary girl. Some part of me would know that I am "trying" and faking it and I would be self-conscious. Even my early experience with paper diapers came back "tilt!". And how often do you see girls wearing dresses?

Contemporary girls are not as "gendered" as those of two generations past. The de-gendering started with the Gen-X. Also Daycare raised children do not seem to be as individualized and less socially adept as 10 or 12 of similar age, usually toddlers, would be competing for the attention of 2 or 3 workders with less time to develop each one. Dolls became less human looking. I would never have been captivated by a rag or Cabbage Patch doll and dolls have been de-emphasized for girls over the past two generations. Also over the past 40 years children have become sexualized. During the Ramsey murder case I saw clips from some of those pageants. the term that came to mind was "hooker in training" rather than cute. In short, I could never be a contemporary girl. Some part of me would know that I am "trying" and faking it and I would be self-conscious. Even my early experience with paper diapers came back "tilt!"

Andrea and Lisa have hard bodies but the shape of them is human so they are huggble to me. In fact, Andrea reminds me of the first doll I ever saw. Being generic, my dolls could come from nearly any time. I sleep with one or two of them. Being as big as they are, they make me feel little. I would love to have a doll that is my size. For me, the line has always been blurred between a very realistic doll and a person. Stuffed animals never had appeal for me. I tease Andrea Lynne Rachel Christine by calling her "Mrs Beastly"

You were in "daycare" when you were 6, not 3, and it was a special one and there was no culture of daycare

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=273&showentry=2803

My actual childhood was late 60's thru 70's which I guess informs some of my social norms around what being athat child means, the things we did, what was and wasn't for that matter considered acceptable for you and so on.

It does to a point influence dress although somethings like my schoolgirl dress are still very prevailent where I currently live although I regret the masculization of much girlswear where there more comfortable and prettier options one could so easily wear.

In so far as things such as more contempary cartoons and plushies go, I'm happy to embrace them as much as I adore my dollies, teddies and still love colouring although I don't game namly cos with my disabilities it's so out of the question being happy to role play with those of other IK decades rather than just limiting myself to my own. Somethings like "Rugrats" were a link to what I leaned about the adult kid idea although clearly they'd be a part of growing up for those in 90's and 00's and I loved many of the shows on Nickelodeon

In terms of rubber panties. If you read my reviews. you will find that whe I did review would fit any timeframe from the late 1940's into the 1980's. However PUL and PEVA are like nothing from more than their time and just are not right. From what I understand, the first plastic pants were home made during the war. Real looking dolls are also pretty timefram generic

My actual childhood was late 60's thru 70's which I guess informs some of my social norms around what being athat child means, the things we did, what was and wasn't for that matter considered acceptable for you and so on.

It does to a point influence dress although somethings like my schoolgirl dress are still very prevailent where I currently live although I regret the masculization of much girlswear where there more comfortable and prettier options one could so easily wear.

In so far as things such as more contempary cartoons and plushies go, I'm happy to embrace them as much as I adore my dollies, teddies and still love colouring although I don't game namly cos with my disabilities it's so out of the question being happy to role play with those of other IK decades rather than just limiting myself to my own. Somethings like "Rugrats" were a link to what I leaned about the adult kid idea although clearly they'd be a part of growing up for those in 90's and 00's and I loved many of the shows on Nickelodeon

Are you not classified as either TG or female? and is it not known that you need diapers anyway? Could you not just say that this brings out the little girl that would be part of you anyway?

Here is a story from my Psych of Personality class. There was a case that the instructor knew about. This girl had a bf who was killed in 'Nam and she took to dressing like a 5 year old. She had lost her father in a war. the instructor then threw it out to the class for discussion and I said "When her father was killed, was she 5 years old?"

Now, if you must wear diapers anyway, it is best if you do so in a context that is comfortable for you since you can and will be less troubled by the matter and more accepthing of it if you can put it in a context that was relevant to your life

Now, as to busybody neighbors, maybe a good "MYOB" is in order or a lock on the closet door with the co-operation of your health care workers

Are you not classified as either TG or female? and is it not known that you need diapers anyway? Could you not just say that this brings out the little girl that would be part of you anyway?

Here is a story from my Psych of Personality class. There was a case that the instructor knew about. This girl had a bf who was killed in 'Nam and she took to dressing like a 5 year old. She had lost her father in a war. the instructor then threw it out to the class for discussion and I said "When her father was killed, was she 5 years old?"

Now, if you must wear diapers anyway, it is best if you do so in a context that is comfortable for you since you can and will be less troubled by the matter and more accepthing of it if you can put it in a context that was relevant to your life

Now, as to busybody neighbors, maybe a good "MYOB" is in order or a lock on the closet door with the co-operation of your health care workers

If my inner child had to pick an era they'd be in, it'd be the late '80s to the '90s. However, some of the trappings of such a time require using tools from today, like watching people on Twitch play the games of my youth, or using Netflix to watch old cartoons. There's also some things that do but also don't fit, like music - even though some of it has the spirit of the 80s, it's actually made in the 2000s or 2010s. (Mostly stuff derived from New Wave and the like.)

Rachel Emily, my fellow with cp person, I sure understand where you're coming from with home-helps although I do think they need to made aware in their training the whole littles spectrum (AB, DL, Lg etc) is very common in our disability group and our expression of it is a part of us that needs respecting within the care ethics. I'd think something that crosses school/secretarial wear or the more cute prints in dresses might work without completely blowing their minds.

My care comes from my folks that brings it's own issues but thankfully they can live with schoolwear which is easier to dress me in .

Hugs.

• Like 1

What the aides know is sort of a mixed bag--some know about my pacifier, but not that I like diapers as well as need them, and one (so far) has figured out I'm an ABDL (and is OK with it). But most of the girls are rather young, and I can be pretty sure that ageplay is something way out of their experience. There's no way of predicting how they'd react. I'd probably have to pick outfits that could pass muster as adult clothes if need be.

If you have one who knows, she can be a gateway to introducing the idea into the system at large if you discuss your thoughts and feelings. If you like diapers and need them, then that makes it easier since you are not trying to buck the system. So you already have a head start. I brought the matter of needing diapers up to a health care worker with whom I deal as an over-65 person and would they be covered if I did need them at some time and would that apply to cloth diapers since throw-aways give me a bit of the creeps and she said "yes". in fact, she asked if I wanted to start right then and there

I imagine my inner child living in the late 1980's. Even though I grew up in the 1990's, I was born in the 80's and have always liked that time. Thanks for reading.

CJ